FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Do you think that Bob will make a new Mobile line?

<<

freemind

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:36 am

Do you think that Bob will make a new Mobile line?

I'd love to try them if he does.

Hell, I'd market the crap out of them on the web LOL
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:12 am

Re: Do you think that Bob will make a new Mobile line?

No, I think he wants to be in a Hobby mindset not in business.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:14 pm

I am quite sure you won't see any car audio stuff from Bob. As Taz said he is not interested in such things anymore. You will sometimes see some of the original Carver car amps on Ebay. The ones I have seen seem to have been in pretty good shape. As a matter of fact I do believe there is a current listing for one. I will post a link to it if I find it later.
I don't know if you are interested in another option, but if you are serious about sound quality in your car I would look at the old school stuff from A/D/S The old school PQ20 amps are still the best sounding amps you can find. As a matter of fact I believe the record for the highest sound quality score at an IASCA competition was done with A/D/S equipment. I don't have much experience with the Carver car audio gear, but I can tell you the best car system I have ever heard was A/D/S amps and speakers. One particular set up was actually approaching many good home systems in quality, imaging, and even sound stage. Keep in mind that the PQ20 sold for around $1000 new. In my opinion there is no one currently making car audio gear that can even come close...... Keep checking ebay and you will find their old school good stuff from time to time at real reasonable prices.

Rainman
Attachments
pq 20 outer.jpg
pq 20 outer.jpg (51.61 KiB) Viewed 1823 times
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

freemind

Post Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:25 am

My brother had a powerplate in one of his cars and it sounded great to say the very least. I saw the one on ebay on friday. But, that is a little to high of a price for me right now.

That said, I am looking really hard at the newly designed ZED Audio 6 channel rated at 150w x 6 @ 4 ohm/ 300w x 6 @ 2 ohm. Word is that it will have a Brown/Burr stock. It is supposed to retail under $600.00 Thats alot quality for a low price. I also hear nothing but good about Zuki Audio. The 4 ch is rated at 5w x 4 @ 4ohm(it benches at over 150w x 4 @ 4 ohm). The amp is said to have insane headroom.

I missed a chance to buy a Carver KMOS 2200 about a year ago. The guy was only asking $60.00!!! I really kick myself in the ass over that one.
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:21 am

Freemind, here are a couple items I ran across. A decent looking A/d/s ph15 amp that comes with a CSI crossover that is at $95 And a near mint Carver M4060 amp.

Rainman

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-D-S-COMBO-PH15-CA ... 240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carver-M-4060-Magne ... 240%3A1318
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

freemind

Post Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:26 pm

Thats the Carver I was talking about(but, I should of been a little more specific lol). I can't afford it right now.

That ADS looks very nice indeed. Plus, it would be great to go active with.
<<

SkunkAudio

Post Wed May 27, 2009 8:47 pm

For SQ take a look at the older Orion amps and some of the U.S. AMPS stuff. I have become quite the fan of U.S. in particular the older stuff taht was hand built right in Florida. I currently have two RARE U.S. Amps Bass Mekanik PT-800's from the first production run with larger power supply and better OP AMPS.
Sunfire TGPIII Processor
Sunfire True Sub EQ Signature MK II
Marantz Dual Deck Tape w/remote
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Thu May 28, 2009 2:42 am

"High-end audio" and "automobiles" are mutually exclusive. Upgrading your gear in your car will make it sound better, but even if you spend 5 figures on a car system, it will still sound like a steaming pile of crap compared to even a moderate home rig.

If you want your music to sound ANYTHING like "high end" in an auto, the only way you're going to come anywhere close is to run the digital outs of your head unit into a good DAC, through a headphone amp, and wear some REALLY good headphones while you drive.

Save your money, and spend it on your home rig. You'll be much happier...
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

SkunkAudio

Post Thu May 28, 2009 6:33 am

I agree that it is not going to sound like your fixed position 115V audio gear and speakers. None the less it is a neat hobby and can sound quite nice. I had a Theater style setup in my Camaro. LCD's in the dash and a PS2 in the glove box. You could pop in a dvd and it would play back in 6.4(12"subs 3500watts rms) surround. It was a fun hobby and If you are realistic with what to expect then you will be satisfied. The quality of the sound comes less from amplifiers and speakers so to speak in a mobile installation. It truly is about the installation. There are numerous issues that need to be addressed before you install any quality mobile audio equipment. Then there are power and grounding issues ect ect. The list goes on.
Sunfire TGPIII Processor
Sunfire True Sub EQ Signature MK II
Marantz Dual Deck Tape w/remote
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Car audio.....why bother!

Tubes rule!
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:32 pm

No.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"

Return to Carver Car Audio