FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:01 pm

EndersShadow's setup

<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Mon May 21, 2012 10:10 pm

Re: EndersShadow's setup

jjptkd wrote:Very nice!! =D> =D> Does it sound much different from your old room? :-k :-k

Good Lord does it sound better! I have walls on the sides of my fronts rather than an open room so I actually get decent bass at the LP.

Now to get a 2 channel amp for the LSi 15's, Onkyo 709, SMS-1 and new blu-ray player and I am done for a bit lol.....

Anyone have a TFM-35, TFM-45, M500t, M-1.5t, M-1.0t they want to trade for a very nice Harman Kardon 3490 :D :D
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Wed May 23, 2012 9:10 am

Wow "toe in" and everything :lol: :lol: Looks awesome congrats! \:D/
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
A Lightstar or two
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
Dual CS5000 Turn Table
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Wed May 23, 2012 11:10 am

MRHP wrote:Wow "toe in" and everything :lol: :lol: Looks awesome congrats! \:D/

Yup, I have the most ghetto way of doing it too. Put both speakers the same distance apart from the entertainment center. Then take a laser level and put it at the LP on the floor and turn it till you hit the front corner of the speaker. Turn the rear of the speaker till the laser levels line matches the toe in of the speaker. Repeat for speaker 2.

Finito \:D/ \:D/
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Wed May 23, 2012 11:41 am

Oh...hail no...now I got to go buy a laser level :lol: :lol:
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
A Lightstar or two
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
Dual CS5000 Turn Table
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Wed May 23, 2012 11:50 am

MRHP wrote:Oh...hail no...now I got to go buy a laser level :lol: :lol:

Yeah I got one as a gift from work one year. Its a cheap little Black and Decker one. I can take a post a pic later tonight if you want...
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7t

Post Wed May 23, 2012 1:45 pm

EndersShadow wrote:
MRHP wrote:Wow "toe in" and everything :lol: :lol: Looks awesome congrats! \:D/

Yup, I have the most ghetto way of doing it too. Put both speakers the same distance apart from the entertainment center. Then take a laser level and put it at the LP on the floor and turn it till you hit the front corner of the speaker. Turn the rear of the speaker till the laser levels line matches the toe in of the speaker. Repeat for speaker 2.

Finito \:D/ \:D/

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:08 pm

Holy CRAP! I figured I would update this post with pics of my new office setup....
Finally got the Polk RTA 11TL's and got em hooked up this evening. Had to leave suddenly but the few mins I got with em was HEAVENLY.

Looking forward to as much time as I can get with em.

My setup right now is all digital. I am using XBMC as my Media Player to send out the FLAC files via ASIO to the Audio GD NFB-5 via USB. The Audio GD has a variable output that I am using to connect to the tube amp. The interconnects are Audioquest G-Snakes. Nothing special with the speaker wires, just Monoprice 14 gauge for right now.

All the IC's and SC's will be upgraded later when I have extra cash.

The RTA's are here, sound and look PHENOMENAL!!!!

The Nerd Collection

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:24 am

Mighty fine Star Wars laser discs. I have the same set. I think it may be time to break them out again.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

cring08

TFM-35

Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Looks great!

Could you re-post your earlier pics? (they show no longer available)
Chris

Living Room/main System:
Sunfire TGP IV
Sunfire 300x2
Carver Amazing Silvers
Apple tv
Carver SD 390t
Technics SL 1950 Turntable

Basement/system 2:
Carver MXR-130
Teac reel to reel
Musical Fidelity X-10D tube buffer
BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer
Nikko eq2
Cerwin Vega HED's
Klipsch SW15
Infinity RS10's
Pioneer 100 disk changer

Garage system:
Pioneer VSX something?
Polk Audio 2500
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:28 pm

cring08 wrote:Looks great!

Could you re-post your earlier pics? (they show no longer available)

I hate posting links to another forum, but its easier to do in this case...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1415076/ender ... t_22894363
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:48 pm

My M1.0t came in from Vintage Hi-Fi today. Got it hooked up to test things out on my Polk Monitor 60's for the night. If it doesnt have the problems pop up after a full night on them it goes downstairs to my Polk LSi 15's connected to Kimber Kable Hero interconnects and Kimber Kable 8VS internally bi-wired speaker cable.

We did the LED's in white (except for the top one), added an IEC plug and some new binding posts (need pics of them later)

Here is how it was packaged:

Here are some pics

Will post more later, hard to type rocking a baby lol
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:01 pm

So long story short... we bought a house here in Brownsburg so I've been busy as hell moving in and getting setup. So I thought I would update this thread with my "new" office setup.

I have all the power cables running through the cable management in the rack and nothing but the signal cables are outside. The IC's are routed as best they can be given the situation.

EVERYTHING in the office is connected to the APC unit and I still have room for more if I wanted. That was the last piece of gear I was looking for. I picked it up for 80 bucks locally earlier this week and couldn't be happier.

The amp's location must be up that high as it will only fit there due to its depth and the depth needed for Dougs cables pigtails. I actually kinda like it that high up. Lets me isolate it from any other signal cables easier.

I will try to get some better pictures tomorrow, but its late and both my wife and daughter are asleep and keeping the lights on to take pics would wake them up.

Also note that I ended up placing the TT on the lower shelf. Not sure if it will stay there as I would like to mount it above the computer on a custom bracket possibly.

I do have plans for sound panels, but for now this will be fine once I get cables long enough to run on the floor.

**Please Note** I plan to do better with the speaker cables but currently they are not long enough to reach my left speaker without running it like I did. I also plan to space them out wider as I have the room and toe them in slightly as well as add back the spikes I took off as I didnt want to spike them till I had a better idea where they were going.

The Chain:
Digital Source: Computer via Black Cat Veloce Coaxial cable to Cambridge Audio DacMagic w/ Pangea Powersupply
Analog Source: Project Debut III
Pre Amp: Sunfire TGP-II
Power Amp: Parasound HCA-750ii
Speakers: Polk RTA 11TL
Speaker Cables: Douglass Connection 9 gauge demo set
Interconnects: Douglass Connection demo's
Power Conditioning: APC H15

<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:14 am

Good to see you are getting things set up in your new home! =D> Ain't moving fun?? :lol:
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:01 pm

That looks really nice! I think I would be spending a lot of time in the office \:D/
I picked up some noise isolation absorbers awhile back & these little things are awesome! Moving stuff around I need to get them back under my CD player. Looking at your set-up I wondered if you use anything like that under the TT? In my set-up there is a lot of vibration and these work really well > http://www.viablue.de/com/absorber_tri_black.shtml

I see them on Amazon but I'm sure you can find them cheaper somewhere. Just wondering if audiophiles consider this as a necessary component.
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:42 pm

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:Good to see you are getting things set up in your new home! =D> Ain't moving fun?? :lol:

Actually it sucks donkey balls. Tomorrow I get to go prime the old apartment which is just going to straight up suck.

Jag_97470 wrote:That looks really nice! I think I would be spending a lot of time in the office \:D/
I picked up some noise isolation absorbers awhile back & these little things are awesome! Moving stuff around I need to get them back under my CD player. Looking at your set-up I wondered if you use anything like that under the TT? In my set-up there is a lot of vibration and these work really well > http://www.viablue.de/com/absorber_tri_black.shtml

I see them on Amazon but I'm sure you can find them cheaper somewhere. Just wondering if audiophiles consider this as a necessary component.

I don’t have anything under it right now. My dad works for a local major drug manufacture as a chemist so he has been keeping me stocked with large industrial size stoppers for beakers which I use if I need them. What you see is the stock Project TT feet right now.

So here are some more pics because I am just a sucker for em and really proud how things look.

The end game is to replace the 23” monitor I have now with something like a 46” TV wallmounted and keep the 23” monitor to mount to the sidewall on a articulation mount so I can pull it about 5” from my face while sitting in a recliner at the back wall, which isn’t “really” the backwall.

Here are some more pics of the setup during the day so you can see things better.

Looking at it from hallway with the master behind

Here is the opening behind the half-wall

And here are some additional pictures of the rack in the daylight. I am most proud of the cable management.

PreviousNext

Return to List / Update Your System