SILVER-7t

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:47 pm

Shortcake's have and have not list

My Haves:

Carver MX130, CT26, M1.5T
Sony Cassette, Sony 300 disc Cd

Cerwins: VS120 (4), AT12 (2), D9 (2)

My have nots, but looking:

CT7 and another two each 100+ disc Cd changer and cassette. (Set on speakers, for now. Once Thing two leaves, I have a whole other room to get ready.)

I need to be able to be anywhere in the house and push a button and have my music. Yes, I could walk downstairs and turn it on, but that wouldn't work if I wanted to be lazy now, would it?
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamen Britten
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:10 am

Re: Shortcake's have and have not list

"I need to be able to be anywhere in the house and push a button and have my music. Yes, I could walk downstairs and turn it on, but that wouldn't work if I wanted to be lazy now, would it?"

They make these things, Shortcake, called "remote remotes" that can convert ANY remote to an RF transmitter that sends its command signals back to a little IF transmitter that you place in front of your entertainment center. Simple/clever how they do it: one of the batteries in your remote (be it AA or AAA) is replaced with a combo battery (rechargable) and transmitter (and the base of the IF transmitter has a built in charger so a battery used in these combo packs is always charging and ready for use when one of the remote batteries gets low - about every 6 months or so). I have my preamp and CD remotes both converted to RF transmitters and therefore I can control them both from anywhere in the house with the original remotes (RF goes thru walls, floors, anything, unlike IF).... I think the whole system is around $100. If interested I can post the company name (at work now so can't get it right now...). I literally carry these two remotes with me everywhere I go in the house when music is playing so I can mute it, change the source, raise/lower the volume, change the balance (if I'm sitting in my living room closer to one speaker than the other, etc., etc.).
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:40 pm

But a remote would defeat the prupose of having different systems too lol.

A beat coming from the bedroom, while I am in the office sounds different than one in the office when in the office, and vice versa. Besides I would have to carry remote around and if trying to drown out noises others should not hear, finding remote would be like fumbling for a condom - both of which I was never too good at.
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamen Britten
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:56 am

Shortcake wrote:My Haves:

Carver MX130, CT26, M1.5T
Sony Cassette, Sony 300 disc Cd

Cerwins: VS120 (2), AT12 (2), D9 (4)

My have nots, but looking:

CT7 and another two each 100+ disc Cd changer and cassette. (Set on speakers, for now. Once Thing two leaves, I have a whole other room to get ready.)

I need to be able to be anywhere in the house and push a button and have my music. Yes, I could walk downstairs and turn it on, but that wouldn't work if I wanted to be lazy now, would it?

Couldn't edit the post so just fixing it. dyslexic error

Return to List / Update Your System