FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:05 am

Piecing together a "new" system

<<

miller1891

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Piecing together a "new" system

Sunfire Equipment: two Cinema Grands and a True Sub MK II
Speakers: M&K S 150s L/C/R, 4x S1Bs surround, MK 55 tripoles rear surround, Volkswoofer 400
Pioneer SC 07 (using as preamp)
Panasonic DMP BDT500 (wanted the new Oppo but needed the 3D checkerboard output)

Finally have a home with a dedicated media room and am beginning to build my system. Please don't make fun of my 80's vintage M&Ks as I purchased these new with paper route money. Really. The Sunfire components were recently purchased and what a difference! Really woke the S 150s up. Currently looking at a set of ALS III Plus to be utilized as reference speakers and will post a thread for input from those that know these speakers.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Re: Piecing together a "new" system

Pics or it didn't happen! :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

miller1891

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:20 pm

Just moved in so the system is not set up. But you can bet that as soon as I received that first Cinema Grand I got the fronts hooked up. All of the surrounds were wall mounted in my previous home and will now have to be on stands. Give me a week and I will post 'em.
<<

miller1891

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:31 pm

Okay Kingman, no clue how to post a picture but just savvy enough to update avatar. You can see that I am such a newbie that I didn't even know that the amps came in two colors until the second one arrived. Do you suppose they put something special in the bronze one? It's what I'm going to tell people anyway. :-$

Return to List / Update Your System