FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:27 am

TNRabbit's Stuff

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: TNRabbit's Stuff

OK, will post that later - thanks as no one pulls up my crap here. I just pulled the trigger on a new camera that I did not need, and could not afford.
Still, for many years I have wanted a 'real camera', - ](*,)

I have been using an Olympus SP-S5OUZ. It is damn good and the photos on my blog prove that. I suspect my photos will be crap for a week or two after the new camera gets here, but as I learn, I will post my bar here. Most people have a rec room - I have a RedNeck bar - complete with all you might imagine a guy back here in the woods might add - good fun!
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:24 pm

I'll get detailed pics of the cues later; there's one Capt Morgan cue & a couple of really nice graphite cues...they are PERFECT.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

TNRabbit

Post Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:44 am

Since Bill posted this to his blog & it's there for the planet to read, thought I'd include it here:

(ref blog: http://I'm a Fucking Asshole.typepad.com/I'm a Fucking Asshole/2010/10/history-of-tnrabbit.html )

Audio History of TNRabbit

My audio journey first began in the early 1970s, when I heard my older brother's HH Scott receiver & speakers, my first introduction to hi fi (it was totally crappy by true audiophile standards, but miles ahead of what I ever heard). I was hooked, but only a teen & unable to afford anything like that. My first self purchase was a pair of Koss headphones shortly afterward, which I used constantly on my parents crappy console stereo. In 1978, my parents bought me a nice Pioneer SX-880 receiver for Christmas & my 17th birthday; I had mentioned it for months & told them I'd gladly give up any additional presents for my birthday, graduation, ANYTHING for a year if they would buy me one. I never dreamed they would actually drop the cash on it. It ended up being one model up from the one they had considered originally as Service Merchandise (remember them?) was out of the SX-780. I connected it to a pair of outboard Zenith speakers (with separate woofers & tweeters!!) my Dad had bought for the old console & was in paradise!

Life took over for several years, & the old Pioneer moved with me to LA, then England, then back to TN. After two different trips to be serviced over the 15 or so years I'd used it almost on a daily basis, it gave up the ghost. I was without decent tunes for the first time since I was 17...

My first wife & I divorced in Dec 1996 & I moved to Turkey about a week later. I bought a new Pioneer receiver soon after arriving there, then a pair of JBL 4312 Studio Monitors I'd been lusting after (I'd heard them in England years before & fell in love). About 2 years later, I bought a pair of Klipsch KLF-10 tower speakers--very efficient, VERY loud, & the best bass I'd ever heard up to that point.

Those stayed with me through 4 years in Turkey, back to TN, then to MD until my second divorce in 2006, when I Iost the JBLs & the Pioneer to the ex, & I began looking in earnest for some better equipment. I had been perusing eBay for several months looking at Carver gear & in Dec 2006 purchased a C-2 preamp & M1.5t amp to use with the Klipsch speakers. It KICKED MAJOR ASS over the old Pioneer. This was REAL POWER. I joined the CarverAudio forum about the same time.
I ended up purchasing a pair of Carver AL-III speakers right after that, & a Sunfire 300x2 amp & Tube preamp shortly afterward. I'd been bitten by the bug & BAD. The two Sunfire items were sold to fund a Sunfire TG-IV processor, Sunfire Ultimate Receiver, and Sunfire 400x7 amp.

I sold the Ultimate Receiver this past year to fund the lawyer (still fighting the ex). I've been tweaking on my current stuff for about 3 years now, & ended up going the active crossover route this year.

So, I didn't become an idiot about this stuff until the past 4 years. I guess I figured it was my turn after 2 divorces~

Hope my long-winded story didn't bore you to tears. As Bob himself would say, "Enjoy the music!"

Gary
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:20 am

Have the big brother Pioneer SX-1250 fired up powering a vintage set of EPI tower 360's. :rolleyes: Take out of the closet once a year. Does bring back memories. =D>

Don
<<

TNRabbit

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:49 am

Just an update to show pics of the active setup I'm now using. The entire saga is documented in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12067&hilit=~GONE+ACTIVE~

Speakers:

Active Crossover & Parametric EQs:

TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

<<

PDR

TFM-45

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:25 am

Love the look of all your gear Gary.....that stack of equipment is gorgeous!

The plate work on those Amazings look so clean with the new posts....beautiful work.
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:58 am

Nice work Rabbit! =D>
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:31 pm

My crossovers are too lazy to be active :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking SWEET!!!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

kingman

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:11 pm

The Perfect 10.1's...one day I will move on.... #-o
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

TNRabbit

Post Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:54 am

I finally attached the Carver stickers from Toy Maker--I realize the top one looks like it's not centered but that's because of the angle I took the pic:

TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:59 am

Those badges look cool. =D>
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:50 am

Hes, they do. Ahem.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Mr. M-500t

Post Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:09 am

James ? :rolleyes:
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:10 am

BillD wrote:Hes, they do. Ahem.

+1 more "Ahem"