Chef Magnaryder's Rig

<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: Chef Magnaryder's Rig

Chauss wrote:But.....Does it play loud enough for ya Ray? :lol:
Nice set up- I like the oak look too!

24 blistering watts per channel. YUUP tearing it up!!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:47 pm

That is one very nice looking amp. Congrats and enjoy!
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:00 pm

thuffman03 wrote:That is one very nice looking amp. Congrats and enjoy!

Why, thank you Tom!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:25 pm

Attaboy Ray
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Magnaryder wrote:24 blistering watts per channel. YUUP tearing it up!!

Hello, Ray. Nice looking amplifier! Throughout my audio journey, I have found somewhat of a soft spot for low watt tube amps. The ol' Radii 8 watter I had in SparkyII with the Focal's was one of the more favorable sounds I have heard. The 20 watt Carver amp we built up on the mountain made the same lasting impression. There is something to be said about less is more [properly paired with the right gear, of course].

Congrat's my man. I hope it sounds as good as it looks!

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:45 pm

treitz3 wrote:
Magnaryder wrote:24 blistering watts per channel. YUUP tearing it up!!

Hello, Ray. Nice looking amplifier! Throughout my audio journey, I have found somewhat of a soft spot for low watt tube amps. The ol' Radii 8 watter I had in SparkyII with the Focal's was one of the more favorable sounds I have heard. The 20 watt Carver amp we built up on the mountain made the same lasting impression. There is something to be said about less is more [properly paired with the right gear, of course].

Congrat's my man. I hope it sounds as good as it looks!

Tom

I think It sounds even better than it looks. I was telling Mark earlier I thought I had the contour selected on the Sunfire tube pre(all of my gear is running thru it right now) because the bass was so damn good only to find out I had switched the contour out. This is really a high-end piece of gear...and there is a difference. The build quality is absolutely incredible.

I'm a little annoyed about the overall condition of the unit. It was dirty, there were blemishes on that beautiful faceplate and I still haven't gotten my tubes from the PO that he assured me I'd get. I pulled all of the tubes and cleaned each one. I got some 'Liquid Glass' and cleaned the painted parts of the chassis. Today I got some Nevr-Dull and cleaner up the faceplate, control knobs and transformer covers

George I'm running the Dahlquist DQ-8s. They sound pretty damn good. Right now I'm playing a couple of Mark's discs. I played the Tubes "Remote Control" earlier. Vinyl rocks too!!

George, have you modded yours yet? I was wondering what direction you were taking.

ray
Magnaryder

<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:50 pm

:shock: WOW!! :shock: That amp looks like a High HP V8 engine!! Love the looks of it, and from what you said the sound is great too! Congrats =D>
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:12 am

helicopterpilotdoug wrote::shock: WOW!! :shock: That amp looks like a High HP V8 engine!! Love the looks of it, and from what you said the sound is great too! Congrats =D>

Rumour has it Mr. deParavicini is a big fan of the Jaguar V12s which inspired the aesthetic. Cool, ain't it?

ray
Magnaryder

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:22 am

Car fetish and music fetish got the best of Ray. lol S W E E T amp.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:32 am

Chauss wrote:But.....Does it play loud enough for ya Ray? :lol:
Nice set up- I like the oak look too!

I was not referring to the T DP 24W "Ferrari amp".....did not see that post- AWESOME SCORE!!! =D> =D> =D>
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Ray,

Love the look. =D> Are you going to share with us at Carverfest? :-k
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:29 pm

Congrats, looks like a nice piece!! =D> =D> Have you tried out Forte's with it yet? :-k
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:13 pm

Don wrote:Ray,

Love the look. =D> Are you going to share with us at Carverfest? :-k

Oh yeah, it'll be there.

ray
Magnaryder

<<

fill35U

Newbie 50+

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:29 pm

angelod307 wrote:Reminds me of a small block motor somehow,

Yeah, it even has "valve covers"! :lol:
Current setup: Random Naked Amps Piled on Floor and/or Wedged Into Shelves

Don't call amp mutilators "butchers"- butchers are highly skilled professionals.
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:02 pm

fill35U wrote:
angelod307 wrote:Reminds me of a small block motor somehow,

Yeah, it even has "valve covers"! :lol:

Bwaahahahaha! Hadn't thought of that :-) Mr. deParavicini is a fan of the Jag V12s, hence the looks.

ray
Magnaryder

PreviousNext

Return to List / Update Your System