Vinyl Discussion
BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Re: Cassettes Analog not vinyl though

Post by BillD » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:50 pm

It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:06 pm

F1nut wrote:So basically, you two live like pigs. Yeah, we got that.

Meanwhile, I'll be laughing on my way to the bank. For example, if I sold my Mastersound copy of WYWH that I bought many years ago for about $20.00, it would pull $200+ today with no problem. The same CD in your hands would fetch nada. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." - Henry David Thoreau

elgrau
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by elgrau » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:03 pm

"Squeal like a pig for me......squeallllllllllll!" (Deliverance!)
FR: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
LR: AudioEngine wireless link from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 6.5" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-634x 3-4 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: 300 disk changer to Entech 202.5 DAC to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:11 pm

elgrau wrote:"Squeal like a pig for me......squeallllllllllll!" (Deliverance!)
That is funny because I actually live near where that was filmed, just a few miles a way.
That river flows into the Tugaloo and then behind my house.
It is one of the top whitewater tourist things, and of course fly fishing.

A local bar has signed photos from Burt and the entire crew.

speakerman1
Newbie 50+

Post by speakerman1 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:01 am

OconeeOrange wrote:
elgrau wrote:Point being that I treat mine both the same (tapes and CD's): tapes can take it; CD's cannot!
Me too Ed. I buy stuff and use it up. I don't get all gay about it.

To that end, CDs are less trouble to make than Cassettes, and you can burn several as they are very cheap by comparison.

I believe the cassettes this guy is selling are nothing like the junk I am used to though. Can you burn metal tapes with any cassette recorder? I still have a good one. Maybe I need some metal cassettes. Where do you buy them? Will they play in my 1995 truck, don't have CD there and play old cassettes.

I think the Mini Disc was the best of both worlds.
Easy to work with, great sound, and hard to damage. Unfortunately, only me and a few guys in Japan felt that way - :lol: :lol:
Well unless you have a really old deck it should have a Type IV setting to record. I'm not one much for metal tapes. I like a good type II better. Every one says you get more clarity out of a metal tape. I never use NR and I use type IIs mostly. If it were me I wouldn't use a metal tape in a truck. I would go for a type II.

I hope they aren't junk. I don't think it would be right to say the name of my company in here; but if you PM me I will tell you who we are.

There is another company starting out there who buys preloaded tapes and is selling them at a nice price more than my metal tapes. Mine are custom loaded with shells I have bought and tape I have had people test. The new chrome I am thinking of doing is being tested now. To see what people think. I use no Chinese tape or shells. Trust me it is hard work. And tape has went way up in price. It is crazy.

Larry

Return to “Vinyl”