iPod based Music Server for Audiophiles!

Digital / WiFi / iPod Media Discussion
Eddie
Eddie The Knife

iPod based Music Server for Audiophiles!

Post by Eddie » Mon May 26, 2008 12:57 pm

I have been looking around for the best way to hook up a mp3 player to a digital input to my TG2.
Looking at all kinds of docking stations, but most are not digital! Dreamer has sent me some info I been looking at and did some searches my self and found this docking port and upgraded Ipod for hi end users!

http://www.sound4sale.com/
http://www.wadia.com/products/170i/170i ... t_home.htm
If anyone has any input on this please fell free to add!
Don't waste a good opportunity to shut up!

Good judgment comes from experience, but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!

Eddie
Eddie The Knife

Re: iPod based Music Server for Audiophiles!

Post by Eddie » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:12 pm

Here a vid of the Wadia iTransport!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHn2y4YETyo

Good judgment comes from experience, but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:19 pm

Eddie, I heard recently that Jolida has one as well. I haven't verified it though.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:23 pm

Just remember to rip your stuff to iTunes bit perfect (lossless) if you want bit perfect output. I use a Squeezebox and my wireless router to connect my computer iTunes library to a TGP-III in a different room.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Eddie
Eddie The Knife

Post by Eddie » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:45 pm

I have Bill started doing that format first thing! Only have about 50 cds so far riped to that format! That is just over 15gb on a 160 gb ipod! Jesse maybe you send me some of your cds to put on my ipod for the ride to CF! LOL! Eddie!

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:29 pm

Ugh!
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

Eddie
Eddie The Knife

Post by Eddie » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:18 pm

I sent a email to Music Direct asking what was the hold up on the Wadia ipod dock and this was the email I got back! I guess they are not made in the USA! Eddie!

Thanks for the email. The units are in Customs right now. We are hoping
that they clear shortly and that we have them by the end of this week.

Best Regards,
Music Direct Customer Service -
"It's The Music That Matters"

skip
aka (Sasquach)

Post by skip » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:48 am

F1nut wrote:Ugh!
:D Me too F1, I know I'm one of those old farts that still has records, but to me audiophile mp3's is an oxymoron.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.

Reese
TFM-75

Post by Reese » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:42 am

I think that BillD's post above (to rip the music in Apple lossless bit for bit format to yield audiophile digital sound) would not be the same as mediocre mp3 compressed format, but a unique iPod high fidelity recording -- and not a lot is on vinyl anymore (at least in my end of the recorded music world).

I've burned CD's transcribed from vinyl LPs onto my Mac through a USB DAC from a Audio Technica turntable specially produced for the purpose, when my "real" turntable (a Dual C5000 w/Shure V-MR cartridge) was down for repairs. Not a bad conversion job in a pinch -- and it didn't use mp3 compression, either. Software came with it to "record" the data in several formats, including AIFF (APPLE/SGI 16 bit PCM) uncompressed format, which files I then used to burn CDs of the LP music.

I still prefer the copying or burning in my main system, of course -- direct CD copies or analog LP to CD -- for reasons of sound quality and density. But I was curious to try out the USB turntable route, also.
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought -- JFK

Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp; 2 Carver Silver 7ts, 2 Silver 9ts; bi-amped ALS (Originals upgraded to Platinum), Rane PE15's eq's and Rane AC22 xcrossover; Carver c-19 tube pre;
Carver 390t CD carousel; Carver 490t CD player; BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer; C-9 SH; Sony ES tuner and DAT deck; Sony CD copier/burner; Sony dual cassette deck; TEAC 2340R 4 ch r to r tape deck; Dual CS5000 tt, Shure V15 Type V-MR cartridge

Return to “Digital / WiFi / iPod”