FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:49 am

Carver Amazing Silver Ribbon - Only One

<<

marantzfan

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:34 pm

Carver Amazing Silver Ribbon - Only One

My two year old mistakenly destroyed one of the ribbons on my Amazing Silver's a while back which put me in the market for Carver ribbons. Well, I found 2 ribbons, not 1 for sale so now there is an odd man out. If anyone is in need of just one ribbon I will part with this one for $200 plus shipping. This is an original Silver ribbon, not an ALIII ribbon.
Sunfire Classic, Sunfire 300, Cambridge DACmagic, Technics SL-1210 M5G w. Benz Micro Silver, Carver Amazing Silver
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Re: Carver Amazing Silver Ribbon - Only One

I thought they were the same. DOes anyone know the difference?
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

marantzfan

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:05 pm

BillD wrote:I thought they were the same. DOes anyone know the difference?

Well, the ribbons look identical...but the metal frame on the ALIII ribbons is a lighter shade of grey... So, visually you can tell them apart.... Not sure otherwise..
Sunfire Classic, Sunfire 300, Cambridge DACmagic, Technics SL-1210 M5G w. Benz Micro Silver, Carver Amazing Silver
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Dark gray(black) is primed and painted the light gray is only primed because they were used in the ALlll and hidden by the black foam.

The ribbons are exactly the same only the paint is different.

You will find ALL3s with black ribbons but you will not find Silvers with gray ribbons.
Last edited by DaveS on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:09 pm

DaveS wrote:Dark gray(black) is primed and painted the light gray is only primed because they were used in the ALlll and hidden by the black foam.

So they are the same? I have needed a ribbon for my odd pair out and I was going to sell my other pair and still may but the one needing fixing still gives me a full good pair! :-k
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:04 pm

hello. i would be interested, but at a lower price for sure. i already have 6 ribbons now, and the last set that i bought the other day, i got for not much more than you are asking for that one ribbon. a pair of al-III's and a tfm35 for 500. good luck with your sale either way.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

marantzfan

Newbie 50+

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:10 am

angelod307 wrote:hello. i would be interested, but at a lower price for sure. i already have 6 ribbons now, and the last set that i bought the other day, i got for not much more than you are asking for that one ribbon. a pair of al-III's and a tfm35 for 500. good luck with your sale either way.

The pair of ribbons I got was about $500 shipped to me. I'm not trying to get rich here, just recoup some of the cost at what appears to be about fair market value.
<<

marantzfan

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:01 am

DaveS wrote:Dark gray(black) is primed and painted the light gray is only primed because they were used in the ALlll and hidden by the black foam.

The ribbons are exactly the same only the paint is different.

You will find ALL3s with black ribbons but you will not find Silvers with gray ribbons.

Except for mine. :lol:
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:55 am

PICs PLEASE......
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

marantzfan

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:59 pm

DaveS wrote:PICs PLEASE......

I'll snap some this weekend..not sure you'll really be able to tell the difference though, the color difference isnt dramatic. Only reason mine have the silver ribbons is because I replaced the originals with ALIII ribbons though....wasn't a factory thing..
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:29 pm

marantzfan wrote:
DaveS wrote:PICs PLEASE......

I'll snap some this weekend..not sure you'll really be able to tell the difference though,.

marantzfan, check your PM please! Thanks...
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies