MX130 one owner ***SOLD***

If you are new to the forum... (less than 50 post member) you are welcome to list your For Sale items here. Members with 50+ posts, will automatically gain access to the larger Marketplace.
FredRydr

MX130 one owner ***SOLD***

Post by FredRydr » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:43 am

SOLD - My MX130 "The Receiver" Serial No. 41001025. I am the original purchaser from Bryn Mawr Stereo on 23 Nov 1984. (After 28 years, I am buying a new Peachtree Nova amp, but will be using my Carver SD/A-360 and a Carver TX-8.)

The MX130 has been to Carver's Lynwood WA service center over the years, and I have all the receipts, paperwork and correspondence on that. I am not a technician, but in layman's terms, the only issue is the sound to the left channel will fade at low volume, and pops back up when I turn up the volume. I bought a pair of output relays that I was advised to install to remedy that, and those are included in the sale.

Cosmetically it is perfect. Everything lights up as it should. And it works! 130 watts.

In the original box with all papers and records, including the original:
- User's Manual
- Sales brochure of full range of Carver products with description of Sonic Holography
- Carver-issued reviews of "The Receiver" in a booklet of reprints from Audio, Stereo Review and Ovation magazines

$100 plus shipping via PayPal, or cash if in person. To calculate shipping from Carlisle PA, 17013 to your location: 24 lbs., 21x9x21 inches. Both UPS (recommended) and USPS are convenient to me.

Thanks!

Fred
fredh (.at.) paonline...DOT...com
Last edited by FredRydr on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. M-500t
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs
Posts: 6129
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Re: MX130 one owner

Post by Mr. M-500t » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:53 am

Welcome FredRydr,
I need parts for mine. The amp section works great and sounds really nice. My tuner section all works just no sound from it. :(
Good luck with your sale.

User avatar
Shortcake
SILVER-7t
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: Wherever the voices in my head take me
Contact:

Re: MX130 one owner

Post by Shortcake » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:18 pm

FredRydr wrote:FOR SALE - My MX130 "The Receiver" Serial No. 41001025. I am the original purchaser from Bryn Mawr Stereo on 23 Nov 1984. (After 28 years, I am buying a new Peachtree Nova amp, but will be using my Carver SD/A-360 and a Carver TX-8.)

The MX130 has been to Carver's Lynwood WA service center over the years, and I have all the receipts, paperwork and correspondence on that. I am not a technician, but in layman's terms, the only issue is the sound to the left channel will fade at low volume, and pops back up when I turn up the volume. I bought a pair of output relays that I was advised to install to remedy that, and those are included in the sale.

Cosmetically it is perfect. Everything lights up as it should. And it works! 130 watts.

In the original box with all papers and records, including the original:
- User's Manual
- Sales brochure of full range of Carver products with description of Sonic Holography
- Carver-issued reviews of "The Receiver" in a booklet of reprints from Audio, Stereo Review and Ovation magazines

$100 plus shipping via PayPal, or cash if in person. To calculate shipping from Carlisle PA, 17013 to your location: 24 lbs., 21x9x21 inches. Both UPS (recommended) and USPS are convenient to me.

Thanks!

Fred
fredh (.at.) paonline...DOT...com

I want it - My first Carver. sending PM now.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

Mr. M-500t
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs
Posts: 6129
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Re: MX130 one owner

Post by Mr. M-500t » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Good deal. That's a good price for a one owner with all the stuff he's offering with it. I see a bad case of OCCD coming on. Your going to love the sound as long as you get some decent speakers. =D> =D> =D>

FredRydr

Re: MX130 one owner

Post by FredRydr » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:42 pm

Mr. M-500t wrote:I see a bad case of OCCD coming on.
Um...OCCD? 8-[

Fred

User avatar
Shortcake
SILVER-7t
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: Wherever the voices in my head take me
Contact:

Re: MX130 one owner

Post by Shortcake » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Mr. M-500t wrote:Good deal. That's a good price for a one owner with all the stuff he's offering with it. I see a bad case of OCCD coming on. Your going to love the sound as long as you get some decent speakers. =D> =D> =D>

Speakers not a problem - my friend will hook me up but I think what he already 'loaned' me will be perfect for now. Thanks - will keep you posted on the OCCD. The only drug for that is music, right?
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

User avatar
Shortcake
SILVER-7t
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: Wherever the voices in my head take me
Contact:

Re: MX130 one owner

Post by Shortcake » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:51 pm

WHOO HOO - money sent - Hope to no longer be a Carver virgin by next week.

Fred, you will always be my first lol. I will let you know how it was later.....
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

sisu1a
Newbie 50+
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: MX130 one owner

Post by sisu1a » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Um...OCCD? 8-[


Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder

-Paul

FredRydr

Re: MX130 one owner ***SOLD***

Post by FredRydr » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:23 pm

SOLD <sniff!> But we must move on.

Turned out it was 29 lbs. when the scale is placed on the floor, but the postage remained the same. Weird.

Shortcake, keep the volume up!

Talking about OCCD, to assuage my MX130 post-partum, I bought a TX-8 and a crippled CT-23 in the last 24 hours. First Carver purchases in 20 years. Help...me...please....

Fred

User avatar
jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 3047
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:50 pm
Location: Snohomish, WA

Re: MX130 one owner ***SOLD***

Post by jjptkd » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Congrats to both! =D> =D> Shippers typically use dimensional weight, if a box is a certain size, they'll charge the same up to a certain weight, FYI.
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

Mr. M-500t
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs
Posts: 6129
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Re: MX130 one owner ***SOLD***

Post by Mr. M-500t » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:19 pm

Good luck to you both. Let the OCCD settle in. It subsides from time to time but never goes away ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hell, I made it almost a year and now, in the last three months I've picked up an MXR-130, CT-6, CT-7, C-1, TFM-15cb and almost pulled the trigger on several others ! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
I can't help it.......................................................................................It's like beer to me. :D
Good thing the Kingman is out there keeping me honest ! :x :x :x

Mr. M-500t
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs
Posts: 6129
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Re: MX130 one owner

Post by Mr. M-500t » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Shortcake wrote:
Mr. M-500t wrote:Good deal. That's a good price for a one owner with all the stuff he's offering with it. I see a bad case of OCCD coming on. Your going to love the sound as long as you get some decent speakers. =D> =D> =D>

Speakers not a problem - my friend will hook me up but I think what he already 'loaned' me will be perfect for now. Thanks - will keep you posted on the OCCD. The only drug for that is music, right?
So what brand/model # of speakers has your friend loaned you ? :-s

User avatar
Shortcake
SILVER-7t
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: Wherever the voices in my head take me
Contact:

Re: MX130 one owner

Post by Shortcake » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:11 pm

Mr. M-500t wrote:
Shortcake wrote:
Mr. M-500t wrote:Good deal. That's a good price for a one owner with all the stuff he's offering with it. I see a bad case of OCCD coming on. Your going to love the sound as long as you get some decent speakers. =D> =D> =D>

Speakers not a problem - my friend will hook me up but I think what he already 'loaned' me will be perfect for now. Thanks - will keep you posted on the OCCD. The only drug for that is music, right?
So what brand/model # of speakers has your friend loaned you ? :-s
Pioneer HPM100.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

User avatar
BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Posts: 7126
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:29 pm
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Re: MX130 one owner ***SOLD***

Post by BillD » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:40 pm

Nice 4-way speakers designed by JBL engineers.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.
_________________
Carver: C-4000 & C-1 preamps, PSC-60 preamp/tuner, TX-11a tuner, M-400 (2), C-500, M-500, M-500t, M-500t Mk.II, A-500x, AL-III loudspeakers (2 pr.)
Sunfire:Theater Grand III processor, Ultimate Receiver, Cinema Grand Signature 400 ~ seven, True Subwoofer Mk. II, D-10 Subwoofer

Mr. M-500t
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs
Posts: 6129
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Re: MX130 one owner ***SOLD***

Post by Mr. M-500t » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:08 pm

"List price was $600.00 per pair starting in 1977 and $700.00 per pair in 1979 (final year). Retailed $600.00 per pair. The HPM-100 speakers well represented *The Sound* of the late 70's. They have an enduring reputation as some of the better speakers of the era and remain highly desirable to collectors of Classic Audio gear. They were the result of Pioneer's efforts to do a JBL knockoff and were designed by a former JBL engineer."
http://www.stereomanuals.com/man/rep/pi ... ulldoc.htm

http://www.megaburken.net/~patrik/HPM-100/

Post Reply

Return to “Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies”