FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:29 pm

Custom amp created by Bob Carver (AND I SHIT ON IT)

<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: Custom amp created by Bob Carver

Zoot Horn wrote:hey,, can this thread be linked to his auction?

Yes but you have to call Meg Whitman. Her number is probably in the book. Only She has the golden key and is the one who can link random forum posts to ebay auctions. They do that alla time ya know. #-o
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:25 pm

Come on,,admit it,, you were going to e-bay this amp from the beginning,,eh?
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:27 pm

packratt wrote:Let's see you've spent 9 pages trashing the amp

Never once did I trash the amp. I said I wasn't happy with the paint on the transformers and that the LED defeat switch was omitted.

Other than that, I think the amp is incredible. It sounds better than any amp I've ever owned.

I just have no interest in it now that I know what a complete tool Bob Carver really is.

"never contact me again"? *0*

There I finally said after 10 pages... Bob Carver is a tool and I have zero interest owning something with his name on it.
Last edited by d0n on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:28 pm

d0n wrote:
packratt wrote:Let's see you've spent 9 pages trashing the amp and you are now trying to sell it on e-bay for $10,000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bob-Carver-Cust ... 4d06523a05

Bob said it was worth $10k so that's as good a starting point as any.

To the guy who said I was trying to get 5x as much... did you even read the thread?

5x? =D> :rolleyes: 5 x 3165= 15825

You mean all the freakin whining you have done here? Or the rape you are trying to commit on eBay? EXCUSE ME- but I did not do the math to include shipping charges for the boat anchor shell you had Bob put his amp into...should have been more like 4x profit- my bad! You caught me trying to over-exaggerate there! :lol: ...............................

Sounds like the BobFather had you figured out all along there pal- 8) You are singing quite a different song on eBay trying to line your pockets.- EASY MONEY!- How is that working for ya??? :lol:

This amplifier is a one of a kind, custom Bob Carver creation that has a somewhat long story behind it...

In late 2010 I contacted Bob about repairing my Genesis Stealth B200 intergrated amplifier. The amp was 1 of only 50 made back in 1993. It's quite rare and was very expensive back in the day. Bob agreed to take on the repair job so I had the crated Genesis amplifier shipped to him. A few months later he conceeded that the repairs would cost more than the amp was worth. Bob said that the Genesis amp was too rare and too nice to throw out so he suggested I hire him to build a custom tube amplifier inside the Genesis chassis. I agreed and about 14 months later this 170 lb., 100 wpc Carver amp arrived on my doorstep. The story is a little deeper than that but I don't want to write a book here.

Quotes from Bob on 8/31/2012... "I designed and built a one-of-a-kind amp for you and your speakers, and designed it to fit into your Stealth box. It's worth about ten thousand dollars."

" I just finished listening to your new tube amplifier. It sounds absolutely stunning! Man, I'm pretty sure you will never go back to solid state amps ever again. I put in a current feedback loop that is designed to fit your Klipshes like a hand to a perfect glove."

Specifications direct quote from Bob... "100 watts per channel, THD less than 0.5%. Frequency response 5 Hz to 60 kHz. Power response 20 Hz to 20 kHz. Two, four eight ohm taps. A Wt hum and noise > 110 dB. Gain = 26 dB. Zout and gain designed to match your beautiful Klipschorn speakers. It is a function of the impedance with frequency of the Klipsch."

Quote from Bobs lab assistant... "This is Jordon, Bob Carver's lab assistant. The amp is done and burning in, and it looks and sounds stunning! We are about ready to ship it out to you."

The amplifier has a lifetime warranty (Bobs lifetime). The tube amplifier can be removed from the Genesis chassis should you desire a different "look". It comes with a hand written owners manual and all the original tubes (KT120 & others) you see pictured below. This 170 lb. velvet hammer will be packed in the original Genesis packing and wood crate from 1993. This packing is basically bulltproof but I still suggest you pick this beauty up at my home. This can be shipped but due to the fragile nature and value of this amp, you are encouraged to pick this up at my home in 12180 zipcode.

Here's a few videos of the amp in action. The audio is much better in person. This is through my Android phone and then uploaded to youtube. Still, you'll hear things you've never heard before in your favorite recordings. Tubes & horns are that accurate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3TQpti7RgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlmI0qYyt6k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j13Z5T1TvQY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIXUqY2Cxdw

I've spent about 5 hours total listening to this amplifier. I love it and it does sound fantastic playing through my 1981 Klipschorns but... I need the money more than I need this amplifier right now. We're trying to buy a new house and the sale of this amp will go toward the down payment on our next home.
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:30 pm

I suppose this means that you will not be attending Carverfest next year?
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:33 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:I suppose this means that you will not be attending Carverfest next year?

No I doubt it. But at least you dweebs will have something to talk about other than how great Bob is over and over again. =D> I saw the 2010 youtube vids... even he looks uncomfortable at the overzealous admiration you all douse on him.

creepy. eeeck.
Last edited by d0n on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:33 pm

What a fucking cunt~

I hope you choke on the goddamn money you make off this amp you little turd eating shit.

TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:38 pm

I hope it doesn't sell. Why buy that thing when you can buy a Cherry 180 for $7-8000.00 with more power and it looks better.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:41 pm

TNRabbit wrote:What a fucking cunt~

I hope you choke on the goddamn money you make off this amp you little turd eating shit.

X100 Gary :x
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Last edited by mbskeam on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:I suppose this means that you will not be attending Carverfest next year?

George,

You do realize this is a different d0n that has never attended Carverfest? Just want to clear up any misunderstanding .

Don :-k
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:51 pm

d0n wrote:

No I doubt it. But at least you dweebs will have something to talk about other than how great Bob is over and over again. =D> I saw the 2010 youtube vids... even he looks uncomfortable at the overzealous admiration you all douse on him.

creepy. eeeck.

d0n-
You ever stop and think for a minute that just MAYBE Bob Carver was on to you from the start??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:52 pm

d0n wrote:

creepy. eeeck.

Suck a donkey dick sideways, you fuck.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:57 pm

Don wrote:

George,

You do realize this is a different d0n that has never attended Carverfest? Just want to clear up any misunderstanding .

Don :-k

Yep,, you've got more class in your little finger than that bozo will ever have
PreviousNext

Return to Fight Club