Calling all knuckleheads

The 1st rule of Fight Club is... you don't talk about Fight Club !
rhiggs
TFM-45

Re: Calling all knuckleheads

Post by rhiggs » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:31 pm

Hum, me thinks me missed something. There's another Carver forum? WTFF?
Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. I may get
killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it,
cause it's going to be empty.

Why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways?

Reese
TFM-75

Post by Reese » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:47 pm

I like the symmetry --

Besides, who knows when something might happen again to one or the other? good to keep a backup of contacts and info, IMO

(Now on the other hand, deleting duplicate notices of messages on my Blackberry and on my computer is double labor intensive....not sure I'm keen on all that "backup" or duplication)
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought -- JFK

Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp; 2 Carver Silver 7ts, 2 Silver 9ts; bi-amped ALS (Originals upgraded to Platinum), Rane PE15's eq's and Rane AC22 xcrossover; Carver c-19 tube pre;
Carver 390t CD carousel; Carver 490t CD player; BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer; C-9 SH; Sony ES tuner and DAT deck; Sony CD copier/burner; Sony dual cassette deck; TEAC 2340R 4 ch r to r tape deck; Dual CS5000 tt, Shure V15 Type V-MR cartridge

jjwm27
Newbie 50+

Post by jjwm27 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:04 pm

im still here, i check in at least once a day, all my gear has been working perfectly so i have not needed to post for advice latley, but im sure i will need some soon, been busy trying to score another TFM-35. here and club polk are the only forums i go to.

OBI56
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by OBI56 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:06 pm

rhiggs wrote:Hum, me thinks me missed something. There's another Carver forum? WTFF?
Of course not Rhiggs. This is the one and only, original Carver Forum (now, where did I hear that before?); anything else is a figment of your imagination! Oh look over there, something shiny!!!
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.

RichP714
SILVER-7t

Post by RichP714 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:28 pm

OBI56 wrote:
rhiggs wrote:Hum, me thinks me missed something. There's another Carver forum? WTFF?
Of course not Rhiggs. This is the one and only, original Carver Forum (now, where did I hear that before?); anything else is a figment of your imagination! Oh look over there, something shiny!!!
Funnny that the above quote was posted on the other Carver Forum. How can it be the one and only when there are two?

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

I am embarrassed to have to witness this. It's sad.

Post by treitz3 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:57 pm

I swore to myself that I would not get involved with the division and the taking of sides and all that jazz but this is becoming [from my point of view] a child's game. All of you need to grow up.

This forum is the original Carver forum that Dave and James have supported for many years and has become home to many of you. Sir RichP now has his own forum that is just now in the beginning stages. Ok, cool. I can accept that there are now two separate forums.

This shit with "I'm only posting over here" and all of the other BS? My god man, grow up. Yes, I'm also referring to the "Ex" senior members along with other members that I have come to know and love. WTF is wrong with two forums? Why the fuck do you have to choose?

Embrace both.

I know I am. One doesn't have to have more or less than the other. One doesn't have to have something that the other doesn't have. You are all missing the point. That being the fact that we are all fans of Carver gear. If you weren't, your ass wouldn't be here. Let's let all of the BS go and move forward. We are all adults here with the exception of Londonbarn, Big Red and a few select others. Come on ladies and gentlemen, if you are not in that few select group of jackasses get a hold of yourselves and get with the program.

I do agree with F1 in the fact that I miss some of the posters but have you ever thought about the fact that this "division" may turn some otherwise very knowledgeable and otherwise valuable Carver owners off? Those folks may hold the key to you getting the peice of gear that you so desire or yearn for. They may have the ever elusive schematic or owner's manual you have searched high and low for. They may just have experience on how well a piece of gear that you have been yearning for might just happen to "synergize" with your rig. That person may also be the next person to hold a bigger Carver event than our beloved Carverfest.

Please, I ask of all of you, stop this crap. There are two forums now. I was sick [literally] when all of this went down and when I got back up I realized what was going on. All I know is that I'm not getting in the middle of it. I didn't ask for it. I didn't expect it. It was a surprise to me and as most of you know I have other things going on right now, which seem to be looking up.

I'm out of this discussion after this post because I made up my mind after having folks wanting to put me in the middle......I WILL NOT BE INVOLVED WITH IT. It's not my bag. The point I'm trying to relay is that the division bell is ringing. Are you going to accept the changes and move forward your own way or are you going to be a Carver fan?

The choice is yours.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Augie116
Newbie 50+

Post by Augie116 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:25 pm

Maybe ya need to put a bunch of Carver equip in a cornfield CONVERTED baseball diamond in Iowa (i think), hire Kevin Cosner to run cables, and THEY will come (back) ala field (electric) of Dreams????

Anyway, to me, a new BEE, seems to be a lot of very informative people left here to carry the can. So i am very appreciaive of the info i have extraced from this site and their remaining members

Let me state that I really appreciate the information i am getting from this site

Now if ONLY you could do a CARVERFEST in Seattle/Portland - the heart of Rock and Roll may be in Cleveland, but Carver was conceived in the NW!

Pp

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Jag_97470 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:37 pm

[quote="Augie116"]
Now if ONLY you could do a CARVERFEST in Seattle/Portland - the heart of Rock and Roll may be in Cleveland, but Carver was conceived in the NW!

YES!!!!! You go Augie116!!! West Coast CF!!!!! I Love it!!! You know, I'm finding more and more members on the west coast, I'm in southern Oregon myself.

OBI56
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by OBI56 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:42 pm

Fact is Tom, there is no choice to be made. The majority of the people who post on the other forum also post here. There are a few people who only post there now and others on here who only post here. The other forum existed well before the problems on here of the forum closing down "indefinitely" and the other forum was there to take up the slack for thoe people who missed this place. Tempers flared, people did and said things that are now, hopefuly, in the past and whatever issues existed at the time are on their way to being resolved.

Unfortunately, there are still some people on both sides who are harboring some resentment over what happened and that takes time to get over and taking pot shots at each other isn't helping things at all.

I don't have a dog in either side of this dispute as I no longer have any Carver branded equipment in any of my systems. I have friends and acquaintances in both camps and I post on both forums. I also have people in both camps who hate my guts so wether I post here or there, there will always be people who won't be happy. I have 2 choices: continue posting on both forums and being there to help out whenever my help is needed or asked for or just say screw everything and drop both places and be done with it.

People get turned off forums all the time; case in point, several well known and respected senior forums members have stopped posting here in the past 15 months and well before this crap started and I am willing to bet that it will happen again with amazing regularity in the future.

stevewithrow
SILVER-7t

Re: I am embarrassed to have to witness this. It's sad.

Post by stevewithrow » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:45 pm

treitz3 wrote:I swore to myself that I would not get involved with the division and the taking of sides and all that jazz but this is becoming [from my point of view] a child's game. All of you need to grow up.

This forum is the original Carver forum that Dave and James have supported for many years and has become home to many of you. Sir RichP now has his own forum that is just now in the beginning stages. Ok, cool. I can accept that there are now two separate forums.

This shit with "I'm only posting over here" and all of the other BS? My god man, grow up. Yes, I'm also referring to the "Ex" senior members along with other members that I have come to know and love. WTF is wrong with two forums? Why the fuck do you have to choose?

Embrace both.

I know I am. One doesn't have to have more or less than the other. One doesn't have to have something that the other doesn't have. You are all missing the point. That being the fact that we are all fans of Carver gear. If you weren't, your ass wouldn't be here. Let's let all of the BS go and move forward. We are all adults here with the exception of Londonbarn, Big Red and a few select others. Come on ladies and gentlemen, if you are not in that few select group of jackasses get a hold of yourselves and get with the program.

I do agree with F1 in the fact that I miss some of the posters but have you ever thought about the fact that this "division" may turn some otherwise very knowledgeable and otherwise valuable Carver owners off? Those folks may hold the key to you getting the peice of gear that you so desire or yearn for. They may have the ever elusive schematic or owner's manual you have searched high and low for. They may just have experience on how well a piece of gear that you have been yearning for might just happen to "synergize" with your rig. That person may also be the next person to hold a bigger Carver event than our beloved Carverfest.

Please, I ask of all of you, stop this crap. There are two forums now. I was sick [literally] when all of this went down and when I got back up I realized what was going on. All I know is that I'm not getting in the middle of it. I didn't ask for it. I didn't expect it. It was a surprise to me and as most of you know I have other things going on right now, which seem to be looking up.

I'm out of this discussion after this post because I made up my mind after having folks wanting to put me in the middle......I WILL NOT BE INVOLVED WITH IT. It's not my bag. The point I'm trying to relay is that the division bell is ringing. Are you going to accept the changes and move forward your own way or are you going to be a Carver fan?

The choice is yours.
DITTO....!!!! And to be honest , im just a big fan of alot of you guys , I admire the hell out of you all...But to be honest if this crap doesnt stop im out of here . Im a nobody who loves Carver and Sunfire stuff , but any more its about ego,s . I commend Rich for what he did by opening up his forum to all of us when this site went down . For all we knew this site would never come back . well it did and im also greatfull for that . Have we all forgotten ...??? this is a love WE ALL have for Carver . What went down , went down , and that shit should have stayed between whom ever it was about . Maybe at Carver Fest we should just set up the octagon cage . If ammends should be made , then they should be made ...!!!!!! Im about tired of this shit.....

rhiggs
TFM-45

Post by rhiggs » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:03 pm

All I can say is WOW. I didn't mean to dig up old dirt or scratch a scab off an old wound. Took a walkabout, enjoyed some other hobbies & sports for a bit, took a holiday and came back to see the world has changed. :shock:

Guess I best do some reading of old threads.
Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. I may get
killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it,
cause it's going to be empty.

Why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways?

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:04 am

RichP714 wrote:
OBI56 wrote:
Funnny that the above quote was posted on the other Carver Forum. How can it be the one and only when there are two?
There is only one ORIGINAL Carver forum, which is what Obi stated.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

OBI56
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by OBI56 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 am

rhiggs wrote:All I can say is WOW. I didn't mean to dig up old dirt or scratch a scab off an old wound. Took a walkabout, enjoyed some other hobbies & sports for a bit, took a holiday and came back to see the world has changed. :shock:

Guess I best do some reading of old threads.
Rhiggs, unfortunately about 2 weeks worth of posts (January 2nd to the 17th I think) got lost after some Brazilian hackers got into the site a few weeks ago. I personally lost about 200 posts.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:00 am

Yeah... when that happened, I could have gotten that 2 weeks of post back, but then we would have lost the next weeks worth of NEW posts too... So I decided to cut our losses, and just let the forum keep going as it was, and loose the post we had already passed by.

There were only a few new threads, that were lost, so it really wasn't too bad.
Shit Happens.

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:06 pm

My only regret is that RichP is so busy over on his forum that he rarely posts over here anymore. Thus, those that require his unique troubleshooting talents had better go over there to get help. I understand, because he's also running a business over there, but I miss him over here, too. Most of us that moved over to RIch's site have found our way back now that things have settled down. A few may never come back and, as OBI said, that's to be expected on any forum.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Return to “Fight Club”