Calling all knuckleheads

The 1st rule of Fight Club is... you don't talk about Fight Club !
rhiggs
TFM-45

Re: Calling all knuckleheads

Post by rhiggs » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:50 pm

People get turned off forums all the time; case in point, several well known and respected senior forums members have stopped posting here in the past 15 months and well before this crap started and I am willing to bet that it will happen again with amazing regularity in the future.
I am not sure if I am a "senior" member but I do have a tendency to wonder around to non-carver related forums or get busy doing other thing. I dropped off the map a while back when I built my house and another time when I was having kid problems. Fall and winter is a tough time for me because I hunt alot and don't have the time to keep up with the "Honey Do" lists and other things and post to the forum.

One thing for sure is I do wonder back here to get my Carver fix and will alway come back as long as I have access. 8)
Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. I may get
killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it,
cause it's going to be empty.

Why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways?

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:07 pm

My only regret is that RichP is so busy over on his forum that he rarely posts over here anymore.
Yep, busy inflating his ego. :roll:
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

RichP714
SILVER-7t

Post by RichP714 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:04 pm

F1nut wrote:
My only regret is that RichP is so busy over on his forum that he rarely posts over here anymore.
Yep, busy inflating his ego. :roll:
Interesting words coming from the one who posted about 'burning bridges' As i said in another post, I'm unfamiliar with the psychology of dealing with a 6 year old mentality.

You can (and will I'm sure) have the last word, unless it's time for your nap

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:50 pm

You're the one who decided that you didn't like me posting vaild CONTRIBUTIONS on your site, so it is you that decided to burn the bridge.

Bottom line, you can't spin your way out of this, but feel free to keep digging as the entertainment value from watching you dance is off the charts!
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:13 pm

I have to admit, I'm amused (at the posts, not the actions taken) :lol: You 2 make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... or is that just a banana in my pocket :-s

Mr. M-500t
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by Mr. M-500t » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:34 pm

"BillD said" That's where all the liberals went :lol:

{ducks}:lol:

You better duck ! :lol:

SteveFord
SILVER-7t

Post by SteveFord » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:34 am

Allright, you ornery sumbitches, I'm here to reckon with y'all.
There are many things that I admire about this site, there are some things that I disagree with.
There are many things that I admire about Rich's site, there are some things that I disagree with.
Who asked me? Nobody.
As an old gym coach always used to tell me, if you want to fight get married. That and Ford, your OTHER LEFT!
I think that two sites are a good idea because you've got some variety.
Both James and Rich have put a lot of time, effort and money into their sites. I'd like to thank both of them for what is, let's face it, a thankless job.
Our common interests outweigh our differences.
Upstairs:
VTL MB-250 Signature monoblocks, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, HHb BurnIt Plus, Well Tempered Labs Classic, Ortofon 2M Black, Jolida JD-9 Phono Preamp, Sherwood S3000-IV tuner, VPI-17, Jolida JD-100, AKG 701, Beyerdynamics 881, NHT SW1-P subwoofer and amp, Magnepan 1.6, APC H15
Downstairs:
VTL DeLuxe 300 Monoblocks, Harman Kardon F500x tuner, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, Jolida JD-100, Oppo 981, Otari MX5050 BII, SVS SB-12 subwoofer, Magnepan 3.6
In Storage:
Stax Sigma headphones, signed DTL unit, Magnepan MMGs, Carver TX-11, TX-11a's

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:25 pm

Welcome back to the Dark side =D>

NOW SAY UNCLE :lol:

SteveFord
SILVER-7t

Post by SteveFord » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Uncle Remus!
P.S.
Thank you.
Last edited by SteveFord on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Upstairs:
VTL MB-250 Signature monoblocks, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, HHb BurnIt Plus, Well Tempered Labs Classic, Ortofon 2M Black, Jolida JD-9 Phono Preamp, Sherwood S3000-IV tuner, VPI-17, Jolida JD-100, AKG 701, Beyerdynamics 881, NHT SW1-P subwoofer and amp, Magnepan 1.6, APC H15
Downstairs:
VTL DeLuxe 300 Monoblocks, Harman Kardon F500x tuner, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, Jolida JD-100, Oppo 981, Otari MX5050 BII, SVS SB-12 subwoofer, Magnepan 3.6
In Storage:

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:00 pm

who's that ?

rhiggs
TFM-45

Post by rhiggs » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Toy Maker wrote:who's that ?

Uncle Remus is a fictional character, the title character and fictional narrator of a collection of African American folktales adapted and compiled by Joel Chandler Harris, published in book form in 1881. A journalist in post-Reconstruction Atlanta, Georgia, Harris produced seven Uncle Remus books.

I on't get it. all i know Toy Maker is your avitar reminds me of the Stephen King movie!!! :shock:
Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. I may get
killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it,
cause it's going to be empty.

Why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways?

SteveFord
SILVER-7t

Post by SteveFord » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:29 pm

I believe of don't throw me in that briar patch fame. I'd have to look to see if Briar Rabbit and Uncle Remus are connected but I think so.
At any rate, Uncle Remus then showed up in a song off of Apostrophe' by Frank Zappa.
There was this group out in California in the 70s, The Lawn Jockey Liberation Front, who would steal the statues off of people's lawns. You know, the little black guys holding a lantern. Kind of silly.
I think FrankieD was a member...

Whoa, are we moving too slow?
Have you seen us, Uncle Remus?
We look pretty sharp in these clothes
(Yes, we do)
Unless we get sprayed with a hose
It ain't bad in the day
If they squirt it your way
'Cept in the wintah, when it's froze
And it's hard if it hits, on your nose
(On your nose)

Just keep your nose
To the grindstone they say
Will that redeem us, Uncle Reemus?
I can't wait til mah 'fro is full grown
I'll just throw away my doo-rag at home

I'll take a drive to
Beverly Hills
Just before dawn
And knock the little jockeys
Off the rich peoples lawn
And before they get up
I'll be gone
(I'll be gone)
Before they get up
I'll be knockin' the jockeys off the lawn
(Down in the dew)
Upstairs:
Downstairs:
In Storage:

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:45 pm

Joel Chandler Harris wrote both, but the Br'er Rabbit stuff came mostly from old Cherokee tales.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Post by frankieD » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:36 pm

Steve said "I think FrankieD was a member"

Steve I asked your Mom not to mention that period in our relationship but you know women can't keep a secret.

God, I just hope she didn't tell you the rest.

FrankieD

SteveFord
SILVER-7t

Post by SteveFord » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:54 pm

You know how she is when she's drunk.
Whaddaya gonna do?
Upstairs:
Downstairs:
In Storage:

Return to “Fight Club”