Vote

The 1st rule of Fight Club is... you don't talk about Fight Club !
User avatar
F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 4496
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:31 am
Location: The Mars Hotel

Vote

Post by F1nut » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:24 am

In case my post gets deleted over there.......

"I'd like to say a few things......

Bill stated,
BillD wrote:Well, I think the answer is quite simple. He started a feud with Rich on his forum and Rich put him there. He can and he did. Now is that really your question, or is there another question that you really want to ask?
I did not start anything on this forum, especially not a feud, until AFTER I was unjustly put in the sandbox. The only reason I'm in there is because for some unknown reason to me, Rich decided he didn't want me here. He's tried to justify it, but I'm sorry, the reasons don't hold water. Think about it.
RichP wrote:It (my 2 remaining posts) ended up here because ALL of your posts have been of the 'this site shouldn't exist' variety. Enjoy the sandbox
Funny how no one else saw those and funny how all those types of alleged posts were deleted. In fact, the comment that ALL of my posts were that type is false because the 2 remaining original posts are not of that type. I know you've (Rich) told me more than once what happened to the deleted posts. Regardless, how convenient for you....a little too convenient, IMO.


As for the vote count......a total farce manipulated by someone with the power to do so. You must think that the people here are stupid. Obviously, they are not and can see right thru the BS. I dare you to post the actual names that correspond with the numbers. If I'm wrong, I'll apologize and be gone. If not, you have to let me out of the sandbox."
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.



Make America Great Again

User avatar
BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Posts: 7126
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:29 pm
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Re: Vote

Post by BillD » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:50 pm

I think my choice of the word feud was poor. If you replace "started a feud with Rich" or "pissed Rich off", it would be closer to what I think happened. But it is only what I think, because Rich hasn't said anything to me about it.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.
_________________
Carver: C-4000 & C-1 preamps, PSC-60 preamp/tuner, TX-11a tuner, M-400 (2), C-500, M-500, M-500t, M-500t Mk.II, A-500x, AL-III loudspeakers (2 pr.)
Sunfire:Theater Grand III processor, Ultimate Receiver, Cinema Grand Signature 400 ~ seven, True Subwoofer Mk. II, D-10 Subwoofer

User avatar
TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Posts: 13360
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am
Location: TN Native Languishing in VA
Contact:

Re: Vote

Post by TNRabbit » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:35 pm

All it looks like is Rich took offense to your "the ORIGINAL Carver forum" posts...I see nothing else.
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

RichP714
SILVER-7t
Posts: 1789
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:12 pm

Re: Vote

Post by RichP714 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:49 pm

F1nut wrote:I'd like to say a few things......

Bill stated,
BillD wrote:Well, I think the answer is quite simple. He started a feud with Rich on his forum and Rich put him there. He can and he did. Now is that really your question, or is there another question that you really want to ask?
I did not start anything on this forum, especially not a feud, until AFTER I was unjustly put in the sandbox. The only reason I'm in there is because for some unknown reason to me, Rich decided he didn't want me here. He's tried to justify it, but I'm sorry, the reasons don't hold water. Think about it.
It started in a post about bad feelings between Carveraudio (which had closed) and Carver site!. I'd posted "I guess no good deed goes unpunished" F1nut responded "you have NO idea, but you're starting to" your posts after that were either along the same vein, or veiled passive aggressive nonsense. Spin it however you like, but you eventually ended up in the sandbox, and have been digging the hole deeper since, with insinuations of lying, manipulation, etc.

F1nut wrote:
RichP wrote:It (my 2 remaining posts) ended up here because ALL of your posts have been of the 'this site shouldn't exist' variety. Enjoy the sandbox
Funny how no one else saw those and funny how all those types of alleged posts were deleted. In fact, the comment that ALL of my posts were that type is false because the 2 remaining original posts are not of that type. I know you've (Rich) told me more than once what happened to the deleted posts. Regardless, how convenient for you....a little too convenient, IMO.
It doesn't matter to me that you don't believe me; I told you why they don't show up; yours were not the only posts that were effected; we even lost a couple of member registrations. Believe it or don't
F1nut wrote: As for the vote count......a total farce manipulated by someone with the power to do so. You must think that the people here are stupid. Obviously, they are not and can see right thru the BS. I dare you to post the actual names that correspond with the numbers. If I'm wrong, I'll apologize and be gone. If not, you have to let me out of the sandbox.
As with claining that i'm a 'liar' re your missing posts, it's no surprise you call foul on the poll results.

1. It's a blind poll, people aren't 'required' to posts reasons to satisfy your ego
2. anybody who's a member can vote, even people that don't know you or the issue.
3. People who otherwise you might consider friends may have voted 'no'

As for the insinuation that I manipulated the vote

1. I have no interest in it's outcome
2. On the very first poll that I made, I was reminded that i'd left out a popular choice (the poll on ripping methods) , and I found that I COULDN't edit polls, let alone someone else's
3. This forum is based on IIS, not the more populare PHP, so there's not much development or documentation available.

what I did discover:

1. Poll votes are tied to a user ID number (not a name as you are demanding to be revealved) and IP address; one ID, one vote
2. to manipulate a poll result I'd have to create 18 (in this case) new users (writing down their passwords) and login and vote as them. I can't login as preexisting users; I don't know their passwords.
3. The poll tables in the SQL database show nothing I can discover about the actual vote tally per choice, or how to manipulate it.


here's a random message from the board:

Image

the poster is user 40, NOT a name.

here's the poll table and its dependencies:

Image

nothing shows a vote count, or even the choices available, only that they are tied to a userID and IP address.

Here's the pollID table, just the question, no choices or vote count.

Image

here's the raw SQL code for a poll:

Code: Select all

/****** Object:  Table [dbo].[yaf_PollVote]    Script Date: 03/03/2009 09:59:18 ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[yaf_PollVote](
	[PollVoteID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
	[PollID] [int] NOT NULL,
	[UserID] [int] NULL,
	[RemoteIP] [nvarchar](10) NULL,
 CONSTRAINT [PK_yaf_PollVote] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED 
(
	[PollVoteID] ASC
)WITH (PAD_INDEX  = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE  = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS  = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS  = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
) ON [PRIMARY]

GO


/****** Object:  Index [IX_yaf_PollVote_PollID]    Script Date: 03/03/2009 09:59:18 ******/
CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [IX_yaf_PollVote_PollID] ON [dbo].[yaf_PollVote] 
(
	[PollID] ASC
)WITH (PAD_INDEX  = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE  = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, DROP_EXISTING = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS  = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS  = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
GO


/****** Object:  Index [IX_yaf_PollVote_RemoteIP]    Script Date: 03/03/2009 09:59:18 ******/
CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [IX_yaf_PollVote_RemoteIP] ON [dbo].[yaf_PollVote] 
(
	[RemoteIP] ASC
)WITH (PAD_INDEX  = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE  = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, DROP_EXISTING = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS  = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS  = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
GO


/****** Object:  Index [IX_yaf_PollVote_UserID]    Script Date: 03/03/2009 09:59:18 ******/
CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [IX_yaf_PollVote_UserID] ON [dbo].[yaf_PollVote] 
(
	[UserID] ASC
)WITH (PAD_INDEX  = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE  = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, DROP_EXISTING = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS  = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS  = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
GO

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[yaf_PollVote]  WITH CHECK ADD  CONSTRAINT [FK_yaf_PollVote_yaf_Poll] FOREIGN KEY([PollID])
REFERENCES [dbo].[yaf_Poll] ([PollID])
ON DELETE CASCADE
GO

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[yaf_PollVote] CHECK CONSTRAINT [FK_yaf_PollVote_yaf_Poll]
GO
I don't see how to manipulate it, but I quit looking very near the top (this is my day off and I'm not interested enough to look into it very deeply).

Short version; this, and you, are so far down on my proiority list I don't have the time or inclination to spend much time on it anymore.

User avatar
F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 4496
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:31 am
Location: The Mars Hotel

Re: Vote

Post by F1nut » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:26 pm

My response quoted from your shithole site:
Richie the cocksucker wrote: It started in a post about bad feelings between Carveraudio (which had closed) and Carver site!. I'd posted "I guess no good deed goes unpunished" F1nut responded "you have NO idea, but you're starting to" your posts after that were either along the same vein, or veiled passive aggressive nonsense. Spin it however you like, but you eventually ended up here, and have been digging the hole deeper since."

That would all depend on how one interprets that comment (which you got wrong) as would my alleged, "veiled passive aggressive nonsense" comments. Regardless, I'm not the one spinning anything. You fucked up and have been trying to defend a defenseless position ever since.

Richie the cocksucker wrote:
1. It's a blind poll, people aren't 'required' to posts reasons to satisfy your ego
2. anybody who's a member can vote, even people that don't know you or the issue.
3. People who otherwise you might consider friends may have voted 'no' "
1. Yes, how convenient for you and your ego.
2. Another reason that the blind poll format is worthless.
3. Entirely possible.

Richie the cocksucker wrote:
As for the insinuation that I manipulated the vote

1. I have no interest in it's outcome
2. The very first poll that I made I was reminded that i'd left out a popular choice (the poll on ripping methods) , and I found that I COULDN't edit polls, let alone someone else's
3. This forum is based on IIS, not the more populare PHP, so there's not much development or documentation available."
1. Bullshit!!!
2. Whatever.
3. Not my problem.

Anyway, it's obvious that no matter what, you have no intention of admitting or correcting your mistakes. A true reflection on your lack of character if there ever was one.

As a result, I find no reason to continue my membership here, limited as it was. Kindly delete my membership to this shithole as well as any threads/posts that I am in.

I am, however, still looking forward to that walk down by the river.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.



Make America Great Again

User avatar
Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 3592
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:26 pm
Location: 4th Tower of Inverness

Re: Vote

Post by Zoot Horn » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:45 am

Eh,, I think Jesse's a little irritated,,don't hold back,, tell us how you really feel. =D>

User avatar
Toy Maker
Puppet Master
Posts: 6867
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 am

Re: Vote

Post by Toy Maker » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:46 am

Yup, that's the problem with having a forum... You are either objective, or a dictator. Can't be both.
Freedom of speech, or censor shit???..... Awww Hell No They Didin't !!!! ..... You can't have it both ways, and once to do it to one person... where does it end?

Because I don't like what you say, should I ban you (cyberhell/sandbox ) It's all the same.
A very slippery slope. One of the reasons I hardly ever edit or delete posts. What's said, is SAID.

Besides, if we didn't have those individuals to stir the pot once in a while, all the big pieces shit would float to the top, and stay there.

I say let him out, you made your point, and now it just seems to be a personal grudge. If I moved everyone I don't get along with to the cyberhell... I am pretty sure I'd be talking to myself most of the time (I do that already, since no one else listens to me anyway) ](*,)


\:D/ FREE WILLY !!!! \:D/

Mr. M-500t
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs
Posts: 6129
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Re: Vote

Post by Mr. M-500t » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:11 am

Toy Maker wrote:Yup, that's the problem with having a forum... You are either objective, or a dictator. Can't be both.
Freedom of speech, or censor shit???..... Awww Hell No They Didin't !!!! ..... You can't have it both ways, and once to do it to one person... where does it end?

Because I don't like what you say, should I ban you (cyberhell/sandbox ) It's all the same.
A very slippery slope. One of the reasons I hardly ever edit or delete posts. What's said, is SAID.

Besides, if we didn't have those individuals to stir the pot once in a while, all the big pieces shit would float to the top, and stay there.

I say let him out, you made your point, and now it just seems to be a personal grudge. If I moved everyone I don't get along with to the cyberhell... I am pretty sure I'd be talking to myself most of the time (I do that already, since no one else listens to me anyway) ](*,)


\:D/ FREE WILLY !!!! \:D/
The big ones only float to the top cause their full of air James. The solid ones always sink to the bottom. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
skip
aka (Sasquach)
Posts: 1870
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:47 pm
Location: Gaston, S.C.

Re: Vote

Post by skip » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:59 pm

They leave brown streaks all over the bowl when you try to flush 'em too.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.

Mr. M-500t
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs
Posts: 6129
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Re: Vote

Post by Mr. M-500t » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:14 pm

skip wrote:They leave brown streaks all over the bowl when you try to flush 'em too.
Leave it to Squatch !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

elgrau
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2933
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 9:33 pm

Re: Vote

Post by elgrau » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:13 am

So (Toymaker), based on your post, are you then planning on letting that "barn" guy (and one other I can't recall) out of YOUR cyberhell? Just ask'in :-"
FR: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
LR: AudioEngine wireless link from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 6.5" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-634x 3-4 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: 300 disk changer to Entech 202.5 DAC to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.

User avatar
F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 4496
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:31 am
Location: The Mars Hotel

Re: Vote

Post by F1nut » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:18 am

You don't know the history with those two because if you did, you wouldn't have asked that question.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.



Make America Great Again

User avatar
Rainman
SILVER-7t
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:19 am

Re: Vote

Post by Rainman » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:05 am

F1nut, there is one thing that I wanted to point out about your being stuck in the "kitty litter" over next door... but before I do I should probably mention that this is NOT a personal attack on anyone over next door, or even here for that matter.

Why keep someone like you buried in the box when your knowledge and technical information could be a valuable source of help to others? Even if for some reason you and I were sharing some sort of unpleasant exchanges I would not want other forum members to be possibly penalized for something that did not concern them. If you were let out of the box It's not like you will "become more powerful than anyone can possibly imagine" like Darth Vader could..... #-o

Like I said, nothing personal to anyone here or there... F1nut obviously wants to be a member next door, and I don't think it's to be the threw someone under the bus champion.
I may be wrong, but he could have just never visited next door again after deciding it wasn't worth the effort. I can't see him making all of those efforts to get out just so he can end right back in the "litter." (That would be kinda like wearing socks in the shower!) :lol:
I obviously don't know any details as to what started the whole episode, but I'll bet you a beer F1 is not above "saying thank" you which could be followed by "welcome." I like being optimistic, but what do I know....

Rainman :D
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power

Mr. M-500t
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs
Posts: 6129
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Re: Vote

Post by Mr. M-500t » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:17 am

Rainman wrote:F1nut, there is one thing that I wanted to point out about your being stuck in the "kitty litter" over next door... but before I do I should probably mention that this is NOT a personal attack on anyone over next door, or even here for that matter.

Why keep someone like you buried in the box when your knowledge and technical information could be a valuable source of help to others? Even if for some reason you and I were sharing some sort of unpleasant exchanges I would not want other forum members to be possibly penalized for something that did not concern them. If you were let out of the box It's not like you will "become more powerful than anyone can possibly imagine" like Darth Vader could.....
#-o

Like I said, nothing personal to anyone here or there... F1nut obviously wants to be a member next door, and I don't think it's to be the threw someone under the bus champion.
I may be wrong, but he could have just never visited next door again after deciding it wasn't worth the effort. I can't see him making all of those efforts to get out just so he can end right back in the "litter." (That would be kinda like wearing socks in the shower!) :lol:
I obviously don't know any details as to what started the whole episode, but I'll bet you a beer F1 is not above "saying thank" you which could be followed by "welcome." I like being optimistic, but what do I know....

Rainman :D
I could be wrong but from what I've noticed is the other guy doesn't like to be challenged on his thoughts and idea's and has no patience for me and certainly not Jesse, one of whom I could only dream of being so thorough in my thought processes. I did all my limited little mind could do, and so' here we are. :lol:
I've known Jesse since joining this forum and he'll always give you a fair shake until you prove your self an idiot. A fair man. IMHO. He didn't belong in the box.
We all get a little pissed at each other every now and then but most of us just let it go. It's not worth the hassle and like a friend of mine once told me 'We're better than that" Huh Frank. :D

User avatar
Toy Maker
Puppet Master
Posts: 6867
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 am

Re: Vote

Post by Toy Maker » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:29 am

Mr. M-500t wrote:and like a friend of mine once told me 'We're better than that" :D

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Post Reply

Return to “Fight Club”