FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:33 am

Carver "Silver Four" Monoblock project

<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:31 pm

Re: Carver "Silver Four" Monoblock project

Jag_97470 wrote:Wow! It has been a blast watching your progress from day one till now. Thank you so much for posting and keeping us updated! =D> It must of been very exciting having the man himself rubbing his body all over your pride and joy :lol: Great job!!! Looks Awesome!

Ditto!!! =D> =D> =D>
*5* *5*
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:14 am

Jag_97470 wrote:Wow! It has been a blast watching your progress from day one till now. Thank you so much for posting and keeping us updated! =D> It must of been very exciting having the man himself rubbing his body all over your pride and joy :lol: Great job!!! Looks Awesome!

I kept my pride and joy safely in my pants, thank you very much! [-X [-X :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks everyone for the support during this project. there are so many here that deserve a big thanks. Were it not for the support of you guys and the kindness of Mr. Carver, I would still be dreaming instead of being this close to having them finished.

Thanks to all of you! =D> =D> =D> =D>
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Well guys... a Final update here on this thread. I am sad to report that the project has been terminated. I no longer have the time to devote to working on these beasts....

I am FAR to busy LISTENING TO THEM!!!!! \:D/ :D 8) \:D/

These are the most GLORIOUS sounding pair of amps I have ever had the priviledge to listen to. Bob and I spent 3 and a half days getting them going after having to replace two transformers on them(and fixing my fuck-ups on the first one :shock: )

Thanks to all here for the support, their contributions and the encouragement to keep going. Without everyone here(and Bob C) this project would have never seen the light of day.
Attachments
amps 013.JPG
amps 013.JPG (81.49 KiB) Viewed 382 times
amp final 050.JPG
amp final 050.JPG (53.41 KiB) Viewed 382 times
amp final 041.JPG
amp final 041.JPG (109.14 KiB) Viewed 382 times
amp final 031.JPG
amp final 031.JPG (85.27 KiB) Viewed 382 times
amp final 007.JPG
amp final 007.JPG (136.87 KiB) Viewed 382 times
amp final 003.JPG
amp final 003.JPG (141.46 KiB) Viewed 383 times
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:06 pm

So John when does the roadshow of these amps begin \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

LOL. jk I know these wont leave your sight for a VERY long time
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:07 pm

EndersShadow wrote:So John when does the roadshow of these amps begin \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

The roadshow begins as soon as somebody gets on the road and comes over to see them! :lol:
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:34 am

[quote="EndersShadow"]So John when does the roadshow of these amps begin \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I will pm you my address John. LOL :lol:

Congrats on a lifetime keepsake! They look beautiful. And once again Bob C. is there for us. What a special person he is!
=D> =D> =D>
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:03 am

Big congrats John!!!! They look beautiful!!!!! =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:45 am

nooshinjohn wrote:
EndersShadow wrote:So John when does the roadshow of these amps begin \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

The roadshow begins as soon as somebody gets on the road and comes over to see them! :lol:

LOL.... I think you just need to come back to IN to ensure your "rental" property is in good shape and just so happen to bring those with you......
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Cool, John! Blessid (sp??) are the meek, 'cause the Bobfather shall save them.... :lol:

"Dibs" if/when these show up on eBay!.... :lol: :lol:
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:16 pm

John.

They look real nice, did you do A/B with Bob's 305's
I think they should sound nearly the same

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Of course mine sounded better by a long shot! :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 pm

nooshinjohn wrote:Of course mine sounded better by a long shot! :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

John

Can you please clarify :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

Or that statement could be B.S. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm real happy that you have them working after al that time.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Congrats, they look very nice!! =D> =D>
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 600x2
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch "mini" Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Thanks guys... these are delightful to listen to. I also found out that our offer has been accepted on a house, so I will have a 20x25 room to finally let the big Maggies and the tube amps strut their stuff. In a month or so, it will be heaven on earth. \:D/
<<

tinpan

TFM-45

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:57 am

Congratulations John, no shi...ne :) \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Very cool you got your amps up and running, they look wonderful. Are you going to make these kits available at the next Carverfest? I think there is an opening for a project :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is wonderful about your house as well, a 20 by 25 room will be awesome. Having a premier tube set up like that is going to be a lot of fun. Have you already picked out where your equipment is going?

Any pics of the new room?
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN 2.1 DAC, Oppo DV-981HD, Lowther PM4a/Azurahorn/SentryIV

2 channel - AN L3 Signature Line stage, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Altec A5's

2 channel - empty, Klipschorns

2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Altec A4's
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Tubes