FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:03 pm

Silver-1 Tube Preamp - !!! PROJECT ON HOLD !!!

<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:20 pm

Re: Silver-1 Tube Preamp - !!! PROJECT ON HOLD !!!

But what a "carbon footprint" and all the global warming it must be causing! :lol: :lol: :lol: Eat your heart out (and a big F-you), Al Gore! :lol:
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:22 am

Last 2 fest were incrediable with the tube beast setup. Sorry that those who could not go didn't get the chance to him them.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:53 am

They sounded wonderful-- the story of how Dave and crew aquired them is very good,,I could hear it again. =D>
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:37 pm

"Last 2 fest were incrediable with the tube beast setup. Sorry that those who could not go didn't get the chance to him them."
"They sounded wonderful-- the story of how Dave and crew aquired them is very good,,I could hear it again.:

Yeah, if I remember right, some "troll" made TWO 60 mile round trips to San Pedro and lugged these very heavy boxes of gold out of someone's Carver equipment laden basement and then drove them over to UPS for shipment.... Two trips because the "seller" was so disorganized that he did not really know WHAT he had in all those boxes of vintage NEW Carver tube amps and PS's, etc. But I was very happy to do it so Dave and all you could enjoy them at the fest. Would love to hear them someday, but have not as yet been able to make one of these due to other commitments. But keep crapping on me BillD and Tom.. :lol: ..I'm sure it was worth it for you both!
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:44 pm

Don't blame me for exploiting you. I've never been to a Fest or heard the tubes either
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Will you guys shut up... Go start a thread in FightClub, and bitch over there.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Yeah Bill! What James said! :lol: I was just re-telling part of the story for Zoot Horn (and no, Bill, no exploitation at all: I got a free 'fest T-shirt and a little some'm-some'm else for the effort! Plus Dave didn't kick my ass after we shipped some wrong stuff the 1st time and almost didn't get them there in time for the '09 'fest - that's pricesless! :lol: :lol: )
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm

Ed, I went to the fest & I heard the "tubes" but I still will be happy to crap on you if you need it.

Your Friend, Frank.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:16 pm

frankieD wrote:Ed, I went to the fest & I heard the "tubes" but I still will be happy to crap on you if you need it.

Your Friend, Frank.

Frank,
I have never heard the tubes, and they ain't coming this year but I am.

Still, I will be happy to crap on you if you need it.

Your friend,
OO
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:34 pm

I appreciate the offer OO but there are many ahead of you in line.

Looking forward to meeting you though.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:09 am

There might be some tubes... We haven't decided what we are bringing yet.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

kingman

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Toy Maker wrote:There might be some tubes... We haven't decided what we are bringing yet.

I will BET there will be tubes in your system. Either that or you'll run Lightstar. :-s
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:35 am

frankieD wrote:I appreciate the offer OO but there are many ahead of you in line.

Looking forward to meeting you though.

I know a scarabeo sighting at the fest my not happen but if it found its way in the crack "I" will just shake your hand and say hello - NO CRAPPING on your head from me 8)
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

kingman

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:10 pm

kayercpa wrote:I was going to look for someone to update my C19. I really enjoy its features and sound. Your Silver One looks like it could be a better answer. I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN ONE OF YOUR SILVER ONE TUBE PREAMPS.

Karl

kayercpa@sbcglobal.com

And so would half the members of the forum!!!! =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:56 pm

kingman wrote:
kayercpa wrote:I was going to look for someone to update my C19. I really enjoy its features and sound. Your Silver One looks like it could be a better answer. I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN ONE OF YOUR SILVER ONE TUBE PREAMPS.

Karl

kayercpa@sbcglobal.com

And so would half the members of the forum!!!! =D>

Yeah, until they see the price ! :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Tubes