FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:23 am

Brock's SDA's

<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: Brock's SDA's

As mentioned, the SDAs did get the crossovers done and put some dynamat on the passives. I'm waiting for the rings to show up. I don't have anything hooked back yet to continue burn-in. I've worked 3rds the last two nights and will be off Thursday so my plan is to get it all back together tomorrow.

My initial impression after the mod is that there was a noticeable difference in overall sound but didnt even come close to sounding like Jerry's. The bass and mid-bass on his was substantially better IMO. At least I know what I have to look forward too. Jerry has a nice set-up. I think tubes might be in my future to some degree.

Word of mouth is that doing the rings is probably the most drastic improvement. Can't wait for them to get here. So in the mean time, they can just burn in. Hopefully in a week, everything will be done, the speakers spiked and I can get a long with the show.

I just want to give a shout out to both George and Jerry for their help on the crossovers. They did an excellent job and the crossovers looks really nice. I will post some before and after pics one I find the charger for my camera.
Last edited by bsturgeon89 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:29 pm

WTH your handle aren't H9 in the Carver Forum? :-k :rolleyes: :lol:
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:35 pm

megasat16 wrote:WTH your handle aren't H9 in the Carver Forum? :-k :rolleyes: :lol:

Maybe because there is more than one Brock floating around out there in cyberspace...gee go figure. :D

I'm not that guy :shock:
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:39 pm

Haha...my bad!

That sucker Brock got a pair of 1Cs too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:42 pm

bsturgeon89 wrote: I think tubes might be in my future to some degree.
Atta boy.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:56 am

Word of mouth is that doing the rings is probably the most drastic improvement.

Nah, upgraded crossovers and RD0 tweeters, then the rings.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Ed Marimba

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:26 am

Brock-- just a thought,, you might wanna' let the caps/resistors burn in,,,then install the rings,,actually the tweeters,,then the rings,,anyhow,,maybe give it some thought,that way you will know exactly what each tweak brings as you move along the upgrade path--just a thought.
George
Previous

Return to CARVERFEST 2010