It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:31 am

CARVERaudio.com Interconnects

<<

Miko1971

TFM-6cb

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:57 am

Re: CARVERaudio.com Interconnects

Hello,
You guys still making cables? i"ve been needing to upgrade mine and i'd rather try these out if you still make them.

Thanks,
Miguel
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:04 am

Miko1971 wrote:Hello,
You guys still making cables? i"ve been needing to upgrade mine and i'd rather try these out if you still make them.

Thanks,
Miguel

Checkout DouglasConnection for some good cables as well. He gives forum members a discount IIRC.
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:14 pm

EndersShadow wrote:
Miko1971 wrote:Hello,

Thanks,
Miguel

Checkout DouglasConnection for some good cables as well. He gives forum members a discount IIRC.

X2! Doug makes excellent cables! Interconnects, speaker and power. I have his special made turntable interconnects, they are the best I have used they are really transparent and they lower the noise floor big time!
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:00 pm

I run both....excellent cables by both guys! \:D/ =D> \:D/
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

MRHP

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:26 pm

Douglas connection makes up some very nice cables. Soon as I roll in a set its instant change for the better, even before breakin. Everything Ive tried from him has exceeded expectation. I bought a Rhodium plated IEC and installed it in my 490t and use his Alpha 11 and that made a hugh difference, did the same thing on my Sunfire vacuum tube pre. He is also very easy to work with. Try him out for yourself....you'll see.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0002
Cherry/260wpc Mono Blocks
Lightstar Reference
Sunfire Series II 625x2
Carver 490t
OPPO-103
Lucas Labs CF-14
Sunfire Tube pre
DENON DP-62L TT
DUAL CS 5000 TT
DQ-20's
Tesla CF-15 speakers
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:42 pm

MRHP wrote:Douglas connection makes up some very nice cables. Soon as I roll in a set its instant change for the better, even before breakin. Everything Ive tried from him has exceeded expectation. I bought a Rhodium plated IEC and installed it in my 490t and use his Alpha 11 and that made a hugh difference, did the same thing on my Sunfire vacuum tube pre. He is also very easy to work with. Try him out for yourself....you'll see.

Not just easy, Doug is a awesome guy! Easily one of the nicest people here. Now that Snoop guy......................I'd keep a eye on him and his tube buddy MRHP! :D :lol:
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:17 pm

PM ToyMaker he will set you up.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:32 am

We actually have a few sets in stock. If you'd like, send me the lengths you are looking for and your address and I'll send you a quote.

James
<<

Miko1971

TFM-6cb

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:36 pm

Thanks for all the recomendations, the murky underworld of cables! I've seen it all..$10k power cords etc...opening this rather large can o' worms is no for the weak, children or people with heart conditions! I have been running Monster Cables since Moses wore short pants! I've not heard of Douglas cable, how do they compare with CarverAudio? My idea is to simply replace all of mine with the same brand and model. That way whatever "they" do or don't do to the sound should be uniform and of a known value. I'm of the school that Wal-Mart Patch cords won't do and $12K cables ain't for me either. Just solidly built nice set of cables should suite me just dandy. If I can't hear the mouse pissing on cotton because I didn't take out a second mortgage to buy $60k worth of cables then I guess I miss out! Plus I like this site and wouldn't mind supporting it!

Thoughts and opinions welcome!
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Miko1971 wrote:Thanks for all the recomendations, the murky underworld of cables! I've seen it all..$10k power cords etc...opening this rather large can o' worms is no for the weak, children or people with heart conditions! I have been running Monster Cables since Moses wore short pants! I've not heard of Douglas cable, how do they compare with CarverAudio? My idea is to simply replace all of mine with the same brand and model. That way whatever "they" do or don't do to the sound should be uniform and of a known value. I'm of the school that Wal-Mart Patch cords won't do and $12K cables ain't for me either. Just solidly built nice set of cables should suite me just dandy. If I can't hear the mouse pissing on cotton because I didn't take out a second mortgage to buy $60k worth of cables then I guess I miss out! Plus I like this site and wouldn't mind supporting it!

Dougs cables and Toy Makers are both budget friendly cables. Neither will really break the bank and offer a very good performance for the price.

Better than Walmart but cheaper than those super expensive. Most are under 100 per set by it give Doug a call.
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:29 pm

Miko1971 wrote:Thanks for all the recomendations, the murky underworld of cables! I've seen it all..$10k power cords etc...opening this rather large can o' worms is no for the weak, children or people with heart conditions! I have been running Monster Cables since Moses wore short pants! I've not heard of Douglas cable, how do they compare with CarverAudio? My idea is to simply replace all of mine with the same brand and model. That way whatever "they" do or don't do to the sound should be uniform and of a known value. I'm of the school that Wal-Mart Patch cords won't do and $12K cables ain't for me either. Just solidly built nice set of cables should suite me just dandy. If I can't hear the mouse pissing on cotton because I didn't take out a second mortgage to buy $60k worth of cables then I guess I miss out! Plus I like this site and wouldn't mind supporting it!

Cables are one those things that can vary from system to system. I can tell how a cable worked in my system and it may sound good in yours but it might not be what works best. It's always best to try and arrange a audition. Doug might let you do a audition he did a road show here a few years ago.
<<

MRHP

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:17 am

Yea watchout for that MRHP guy and his toob buddy Snoop, they will pull you into the dark underworld of tube rolling. We roll tubes until we can tell what the mouse had to drink before pissing on the cotton ball. :lol: :lol:
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0002
Cherry/260wpc Mono Blocks
Lightstar Reference
Sunfire Series II 625x2
Carver 490t
OPPO-103
Lucas Labs CF-14
Sunfire Tube pre
DENON DP-62L TT
DUAL CS 5000 TT
DQ-20's
Tesla CF-15 speakers
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:52 pm

MRHP wrote:Yea watchout for that MRHP guy and his toob buddy Snoop, they will pull you into the dark underworld of tube rolling. We roll tubes until we can tell what the mouse had to drink before pissing on the cotton ball. :lol: :lol:

Lol!!!!! You heard that too? :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

Miko1971

TFM-6cb

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:55 pm

Awesome write up about speaker cables by Roger Russel ( of Mcintosh fame and IDS Line source speakers )

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:28 pm

Miko1971 wrote:Awesome write up about speaker cables by Roger Russel ( of Mcintosh fame and IDS Line source speakers )

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

[-(

](*,)

I think he's completely clueless and following his advice will cause you to miss out on a tremendous amount of the enjoyment possible with better gear and cables. A lot more to cable than just R.

There is a whole lotta folks out there trying, for some reason, to get LESS out of their system. How in the heck does that make any sense? On a whole bunch of forums, for instance, you can see the same guys promoting how average is good enough for them and should be for you too. On every topic, they are the save-your-money, you-can't-prove-you-can-hear-it, ones.

If through history, we had folks like that being listened to, we wouldn't have wheels and would still be living in caves just grunting at our women to go get us another beer before they flip the record over for us.... Oh...wait...

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERaudio.com Products