FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:18 am

Please let me know what the cabins need to improve on here.

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:34 am

Please let me know what the cabins need to improve on here.

This thread is out of the public eye. It is for Carverfest attendees only. Please list all of the things that need to be fixed in all of the cabins and besides Wi-Fi in every cabin, what would make your stay better for Carverfest.

What I'm talking about is things like paint on the underside of the top of the grills....why in the hell would you do that? We had to scrape the peeling paint off the top of the grill before we could cook. The futon in WS11......been busted for 3 years in a row. It's been reported twice now, still busted. Post anything here that you had a slight gripe about all the way up to a major complaint.

I will assemble and condense all of this information and have a chat with both of the owners of the cabins. Please do not take it upon yourself to talk to them. I am the only customer in the history of the cabins to have given them over 100K worth of business over the years [not just Carverfest], so I have a little bit more pull than the average bear.

I, as well as some of the folks that attended, would like things to improve. I know it's nothing major or something needed to make a complete overhaul......we would just like to tweak them a little bit to accommodate Carverfest and their guests a little bit more. So, that said, what would you like better in the cabins you had? Trash pick up? Door repaired? Hot tub radio repaired [I know, WS6]? Windows cleaned? Light bulbs replaced?

Hit me so I can hit them. Thanks ladies and gentlemen. There's gonna be some tweaking done for next years 'fest and it all starts right here.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 am

Re: Please let me know what the cabins need to improve on he

the outlets in downstairs cabin three have a ground fault breaker for everything. so when you plug into the outlets, the damn thing will trip just turning on the amp. in my case, i had to reset it three times for the amp to stay on, and thats after the initial charging of the caps had completed on the third trip. after that, you could not turn it up at all or it would trip again. it sucked balls.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:44 pm

LAKE NORMAN.
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:29 pm

WS 1---increase the water pressure/supply [-o<
Take the pool table out of the upstairs(fat chance) ](*,)
Faster response--not voicemail--need a real person to speak to.
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 pm

I bet internet is better at Lake Norman as well...

All my complaints are trivial.
The windows were hideous. During CF, trash pick up needs to be done every three days. watershed 2 could use some kind of curtains on the ground floor windows. HD TV would be nice in 2. Cheap bastards.

Get rid of the Bose systems and replace it with Carver gear!
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:19 pm

I bet internet is better at Lake Norman as well..
...I like Lake Norman!!! :D
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:06 am

My gripes are simple and few:
Cabin 12
1 More towels of all kinds especially kitchen, we have to dry a lot of dishes.
2 More bars of bath soap
3 More clothes soap
4 Internet internet internet
5 Garbege pickup every third day
6 We didn`t have to contact them for anything but I would agree we need a person we can call 24-7 for emergancys and from like 6am to 11pm for anything cabin related, maybe only give the number to Tom or one other person to make desissions as to what for and when to call.

Just a suggestion to them, They should do a little outside maintaince {stain on decks and paint railings} or they will have real trouble in the not to distant future.

All in all I love the place, they leave us pretty much to ourselves and we can do just about anything without the Mountian Nazis comming down us.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:00 pm

DaveS wrote:My gripes are simple and few:
Cabin 12
1 More towels of all kinds especially kitchen, we have to dry a lot of dishes.
2 More bars of bath soap
3 More clothes soap
4 Internet internet internet
5 Garbege pickup every third day
6 We didn`t have to contact them for anything but I would agree we need a person we can call 24-7 for emergancys and from like 6am to 11pm for anything cabin related, maybe only give the number to Tom or one other person to make desissions as to what for and when to call.

Just a suggestion to them, They should do a little outside maintaince {stain on decks and paint railings} or they will have real trouble in the not to distant future.

All in all I love the place, they leave us pretty much to ourselves and we can do just about anything without the Mountian Nazis comming down us.

CLEAN the Frakin' windows!!!! It would be nice to see the beautiful views from our cabins.
DUST,DUST,DUST!!!! get some GIs in there to show them how to clean.
Actually CLEAN the Grills!!!
Toilet paper....pissed me off to have to go out and buy it.
I brought laundry soap courtesy of Whirlpool. They need to supply more than they do.
If I was them I'd clean the coffee grinder before they rent the cabin again. I ground pepper in it.

Bob contends it's the best place for our kind of event he has seen in his travels. I have to agree.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:03 pm

treitz3 wrote: Hot tub radio repaired [I know, WS6]?

Hot tubs have a radio????

I musta missed that

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:51 pm

Damn, the ONE thing we need and need more than anything is good, clean electricity and I'm surprised nobody has said anything about that. 135 volts? Naw, that had nothing to do with folks losing two amps and 5 tubes........absolutely nothing at all....... :rolleyes:

One of the amps affected was worth over 20K, the other one was a vintage piece and I came close to burning up both of my Anthem1's. I know it's not on the cabins to provide good power but I will try my damnedest to get with the power company and the cabins on this issue. I'll most likely be back before next year's CF to test it out to make sure things are going straight.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:53 am

My only gripes are obviously the lack of internet, and not the lack of TP, but the "quality" if the TP.
They give you the cheapest shit toilet paper known to man. Pretty much the same garbage you'd find in a Wal-mart public bathroom.

Spend the extra $3 and get some fucking CHARMIN you cheap bastards !!!!
A shitty Motel-6 has better TP than those cabins did.

The number of towels didn't really bother me, I know how to run the washer and dryer.
More laundry soap would have been nice though.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:19 am

treitz3 wrote:Damn, the ONE thing we need and need more than anything is good, clean electricity and I'm surprised nobody has said anything about that. 135 volts? Naw, that had nothing to do with folks losing two amps and 5 tubes........absolutely nothing at all....... :rolleyes:

Lightstars love the big volts....
Tom, I thought that black box you had those mega$$$$ power cords plugged into was a power line conditioner :shock:

running the bias to hot had nothing to do with tube failure did it?

ray
Magnaryder

<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:50 am

Power needs to be addressed. Though I am glad we had a Tice power conditioner. That fixed the votage problem in our cabin.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Ray, it was a power supply. Not a conditioner. While I was running the bias hot, it was still within Anthem's spec's. In fact, I could have gone .002V higher and still been within spec.. At home, I have been running hot for 6 or 7 months with all different types of tubes with no issue whatsoever.

I will say this, the sound stage improved dramatically when I set the bias to .04V. I admit, I never tried lowering the bias at home because I thought it was the unwritten rule that setting the tubes to run hot....the better the sound.

I guess you learn something everyday. I love this hobby.

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:51 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
treitz3 wrote:Damn, the ONE thing we need and need more than anything is good, clean electricity and I'm surprised nobody has said anything about that. 135 volts? Naw, that had nothing to do with folks losing two amps and 5 tubes........absolutely nothing at all....... :rolleyes:

Lightstars love the big volts....
Tom, I thought that black box you had those mega$$$$ power cords plugged into was a power line conditioner :shock:

running the bias to hot had nothing to do with tube failure did it?

ray

Yes..runnung a tube at a higher bias will in fact shorten the life of the tubes,,I know this from first hand experience--hot bias can and will cause tubes to die prematurley,,as in six months or less in some cases.

The power to some of the cacins did not help either.
Next

Return to CarverFest 2010 Attendees Phone Numbers