FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:00 pm

Testing the Teslas

<<

Robert R

TFM-75

Post Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:49 pm

Re: Testing the Teslas

No problem to bring this to the Fest, Ray - it's simple.
RR
"You know what folks? I'm happy."
<<

Robert R

TFM-75

Post Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:13 am

Re: Testing the Teslas

Yesterday I posted in something of a hurry, as I unloaded a truck full of assorted junk and tried to find places for it all.
Today I still have to move stuff around, but at least it's inside work, away from the jungle conditions of South Florida. A/C is one's only chance for survival here – sure hope James has paid the power bill.

Anyway, now I have a bit of time to notice that yesterday's hasty post was a bit incomplete. Should have mentioned a few more details:
-the Tesla CF speakers under discussion are being used in a near-field arrangement, with the tweeters just about five feet from my nose, and the side walls are at least that far away. Room is 12x16, and over-furnished.
-I'm using the Sonic Holography in my HR-772 receiver, and it's proving ideal in this setup. Sound field is eerily huge.
-The sub is about two feet from me, on one side. Nice to be able to tweak the sub's controls right from the listening position.

The sonic detail is stunning. On tracks that I've played for decades and never quite understood some of the words, they are now revealed clearly, effortlessly. Also, previously missed little details in the highest treble show up – those tweeters are just marvelous.

These speakers have headphone clarity, and you don't have to drive them to melt-down levels to hear it. The impression is that you are a lot more deeply into the sound, immersed in music at a new level.

That's not only impressive, - it's addictive. I find that when I play an oft-used (too oft) track just to hear the presentation a few specific notes, I now end up listening to it all the way to the end – it's hard to turn these off.

Robert R
"You know what folks? I'm happy."
Previous

Return to Carver Speakers