FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:31 pm

Carver 5.2

<<

aceinc

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Carver 5.2

As part of my Carver purchases over the weekend, I picked up a pair of 5.2 speakers without the Center/Sub amp. I wanted the AL III pluses, but the guy I bought them from made a package deal on both pair. The 5.2's drivers all seem fine, they seem to play OK, and if I needed them for myself I would just hook up the subs to my NAD 2200 PE and drive them from of the sub out on my AV receiver.

What do folks here think of these speakers?

Should I spend time in sprucing them up (a couple of small cosmetic issues) and try to sell them for real money, or just get rid of them as fast as I can?

Does a separate center channel come up for sale individually often?

Is the complete package worth more than the sum of the components?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Paul
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:17 pm

Re: Carver 5.2

I have 2 of the center channels with the amps.
Ray says he wants one, but you are welcome to the other one.

I bought them just for the amps, and only used one of them.
The little fkrs are heavy too... Let me know if you're interested.

I think I paid $175 or so for them.

Never seen or heard the rest of the setup though.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:49 am

nice. i saw a lightstar center channel once. i think toymaker pointed it out on ebay not that long ago. but i have only seen one in all my time surfing. regardless, i would trust toymakers as it would be from a reilable source.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

aceinc

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:55 am

I am interested, I am thinking of visiting you next Friday or Saturday, if that is OK.

If you are interested, I could put the 5.2's in the car so you could hear what the fronts sounds like.

We can PM the details...

Paul
<<

aceinc

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:14 pm

I bought the center speaker/amp from James. Paid more for the amp/center than I paid for the two fronts, but considering all that James did for me, it was worth it.

I spent some time on Sunday hooking it up to my Family room system, and it all works well. Since this system is used 100% for TV watching, I haven't really had a chance to hear what they can do. Maybe over the weekend, I can put in a BluRay, or a music CD to see how they really sound. I'll let you know.

Paul
<<

wrstps

TFM-6cb

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Here's a site with more information about the speakers http://www.matronics.com/Carver/ . I had both the 5.1 and 5.2 at one time and still have the front 5.1s in a bedroom with a subwoofer. I had nothing but trouble with the wubwoofers (oem) and had just had enough. My 5.2's were lost in a basement flood and I did like them alot in a surround setup and boy could they produce for the money. I also refurbed the 5.1's with new tops and bottoms and sock. I put a picture of the changes so you could see the changes.
5.1 002.jpg
5.1 002.jpg (235.81 KiB) Viewed 911 times

Return to Carver Speakers