FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:43 am

Carver Platinums

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:05 pm

Re: Carver Platinums

Not that i am experenced with the oem woofers, but i like the dyna ones. They sound great so far. Now i am going to recap and listen to them with the passive crossovers and the 600x2. I love the bi with the eq. I never appreciated just how much work bob put into his creation until i got to know him a bit better. So more understudying of the way bob intended them to sound. I hope the oem are not that different as i could do an analysis of the new woofers with the tester from parts express.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

ddhoferjr

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:09 am

Yes. If you order them, be sure that you measure the diameter of your speaker cabinet as there are 2 different sizes. I ordered 8 some time ago and they would not fit. So I sent them back and got the correct size. The platinum diameter is 10.5 in. These sound fantastic. Just give them some breakin time and they will sound great. They only have two instead of 4 soldering points on the woofer, which is not a problem. Hope this helps.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:08 pm

did the recap, and they are nice indeed. I need a bigger room now for them I think. I would love them to be at 4 foot into the room instead of 2 feet. rumpuss room her I come.....
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:41 pm

patricia sounds so very nice on these. not quite as ....the word maybe involving....pulls you in....maybe even surrounds you as much as the new amazing design. she sings a little more forward, on the wall versus the image being slightly deeper or even in or behind the wall with bob's later thinking. not as 3d perhaps. regardless the plats are stunning in it's delivery. appropriate bass levels to mids without harsh highs. image is a little lower for sure, as I sit she is at ear level. with the new ribbons she stands as she would live as I tend to find her above ear level at 5 foot or so. the guitar sounds correct as it would be in the middle of the body, correctly projected in my mind when I shut my eyes. I think they may need to be closer together. drums are a bit wide on the present track of café blue. I will play with speaker placement next.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:50 pm

even better with another foot closer together. I wish I could go another foot forward closer to me. stupid couches....so roughly 8 foot wide with 2 foot from the back wall with a slight toe in.
Previous

Return to Carver Speakers