FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Carverfest Cable Raffle

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 2736

Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 pm

Location: manning, sc

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Re: Carverfest Cable Raffle

yeah
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Shortcake

User avatar

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1350

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Location: Wherever the voices in my head take me

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Re: Carverfest Cable Raffle

kingman wrote:Don...I respect that... I know Mike is pulling cables in his home...,Frankie cant't get them to fit, you are awaiting your 75....I know if I gave away $2000 worth of cables , I would at least expect some feedback. All silence does is signal that these kind of Karma events should not occur.....Doug is looking to get his business up and running and to ignore that is...well....the nail in the coffin. I personally know I appreciate his generosity and I would expect anyone that has received something for nothing to do the same. Maybe too many beers tonight but what the heck.



I would have to agree with you Kingman. Fun is fun, friends are friends, free is free - but just because it was free TO someone doesn't mean it was free for the one who "donated" it - and well, paying it forward would be to review the items and helping out the pal that contributed 'free' items to help him along in the growth of his biz...

Sometimes, just one review will make you, while not having any will absolutely break you. That being said, anyone who donates an item/service and could use feedback (and name one biz that doesn't need free promo), should also provide 'places' links etc where those reviews actually hit a larger audience for the most bang for the buck and make it known that it would help them out in their endeavors and not just assume it would be done. Believe me, everyone who does anything sometimes finds themselves begging for reviews and recommendations - nothing to be shy about. Just a part of biz.
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamen Britten
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Posts: 2471

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:38 pm

Location: So Cal

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: Carverfest Cable Raffle

Well I'm really sorry that my not being able to fit the cablesw into my current rack has caused all this unhappiness.

Doug, I thank you form the bottom of my heart for thses beautiful cables. I'm truly sorry that I have not been able to use them....yet.

As for Kingman....Shut the fuck up !!

Your'e just pissed because I won...not you !! :lol: :lol:

However your bullshit post is in fact added incentive to move my lazy ass. So I suppose a case could be made for that.

Then there is the excellent BBQ you provided at the fest...so I guess you're allright after all.

Don, I will never give you or anyone else a hard time over something they have or have won.

Once it's yours...its yours.


My .02
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

User avatar

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1987

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Location: Austin TX

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Re: Carverfest Cable Raffle

OK Guys, chill please! Wayne, I appreciate the thought, and yes would appreciate reviews. HOWEVER, as Frankie said, once it's won it is yours to do with as you please. Once it's yours, it's yours. I can only hope that those who won will use them in their systems, and post some positive reviews. I donated the cables to be given to those whose winning numbers were drawn at Carverfest without any expectations, ifs, ands or buts! Entirely up to those who won whether to give a review or not. Yes, good reviews do help. Another huge help is spreading the word about us and our products to friends and acquaintances. To those who have, thank you, and thank you to our loyal customers. =D>

Due to good reviews, referrals, and customers spreading the word, our small business is growing, and we are getting more orders for our custom made speaker and analog interconnects. The DIY cable and connector sales have been doing fairly well too. Of course sales could always be better! After the first of the year, we will be adding custom made power cables, and DIY connectors and cable for customers to make them to our product line. We are hoping 2013 will be a good year for us. If it is, I'm hoping to be able to make it to Carverfest this year. Of course it all depends on how the business goes, whether I can afford to do it. I do plan to have another drawing for cables and other goodies at Carverfest 2013.

Again guys and gals, thanks for the kind words. Now back to the regularly scheduled program.
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

Don

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Posts: 2171

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:46 am

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Carverfest Cable Raffle

frankieD wrote:Well I'm really sorry that my not being able to fit the cablesw into my current rack has caused all this unhappiness.

Doug, I thank you form the bottom of my heart for thses beautiful cables. I'm truly sorry that I have not been able to use them....yet.

As for Kingman....Shut the fuck up !!

Your'e just pissed because I won...not you !! :lol: :lol:

However your bullshit post is in fact added incentive to move my lazy ass. So I suppose a case could be made for that.

Then there is the excellent BBQ you provided at the fest...so I guess you're allright after all.

Don, I will never give you or anyone else a hard time over something they have or have won.

Once it's yours...its yours.


My .02



OK-Like Frankie, I have to respond to the "Bullshit post" by the one that had to many beers! :lol: :lol: :lol: Although, he does cook a mean BBQ. =D> =D>

I believe a better way to have handled this would have been to post: Don, since your 75 is at Rolland's and I know how backed up he is, would you consider Roadshowing the cables you won at Carverfest that Doug donated? (And I would have said yes)I also understand your point if you inserted in your HTR with co-mingling of another set of cables, that it may not be a fair test and I would hate to hear you say you could not hear a difference. :( I understand your need to insert Doug's cables into just your 2 channel system for a fair evaluation. Dang Kingman, I need to teach you the "Softball approach with a little tact thrown in on the side." :lol: :lol:

Or Hey Frankie, nah, I won't go there. Frankie already expressed his opinion. "As for Kingman....Shut the fuck up !!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, a good idea did come out of Kingman's BS post. :lol: :lol: Since my 75 is at Rolland's and it will be a while before I get it back, there will probably be time for a couple of evaluations from members.

Who would like me to Roadshow these I/C's for a two week evaluation? After the two week period, you can send to the next on the list and so on until my 75 comes back from Rolland's and then return to me.

Oh, Kingman, you are on the naughty list! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding, I know you already have Doug's I/C's. 8) 8) :lol: :lol:

Frankie, I appreciate you never giving me a hard time over anything I have won. However, your are more than welcome to use the "Softball approach" with a little tact, if need be. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug, No worries! It's all in good fun. We know Kingman is a "horse's ass" to work for. Hell, he even has a reputation at our local Wendy's in Florida and he is two states away! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine


"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett


"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 2736

Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 pm

Location: manning, sc

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: Carverfest Cable Raffle

did kingman go after wendy's hot box lunch?
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Don

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Posts: 2171

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:46 am

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Re: Carverfest Cable Raffle

angelod307 wrote:did kingman go after wendy's hot box lunch?



Now that was funny! =D> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine


"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett


"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Posts: 1328

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:02 pm

Location: Northeast, Pa

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:50 am

Re: Carverfest Cable Raffle

Don , I am one of those interconnect speaker wire skeptics. I will take first crack at those cables if you are game.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
<<

Don

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Posts: 2171

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:46 am

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:22 am

Re: Carverfest Cable Raffle

hewlew1 wrote:Don , I am one of those interconnect speaker wire skeptics. I will take first crack at those cables if you are game.



Harry,

You are first up in my Roadshow my friend. PM me your address. 8)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine


"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett


"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

kingman

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 5774

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:10 pm

Location: Upstate South Carolina

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:29 am

Re: Carverfest Cable Raffle

However your bullshit post is in fact added incentive to move my lazy ass. So I suppose a case could be made for that
...my intention completely...
OK, a good idea did come out of Kingman's BS post. Since my 75 is at Rolland's and it will be a while before I get it back, there will probably be time for a couple of evaluations from members.

Who would like me to Roadshow these I/C's for a two week evaluation? After the two week period, you can send to the next on the list and so on until my 75 comes back from Rolland's and then return to me.
...and another positive result! Damn I'm good!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Zoot Horn

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 3273

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:26 pm

Location: 4th Tower of Inverness

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:00 am

Re: Carverfest Cable Raffle

I'm in
<<

Don

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Posts: 2171

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:46 am

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 am

Re: Carverfest Cable Raffle

Zoot Horn wrote:I'm in



George,

PM me your address also. I no longer can retrieve it from my old PM's. I will ask Harry to send to you after his evaluation.

I haven't decided yet if I am going to call this "The Damn Kingman is Good Roadshow" :rolleyes: or "The Softball Approach with a Little Tact Roadshow", :rolleyes: "The Horse's Ass Roadshow" :rolleyes: or as Frankie would say "The Shut the Fuck up Roadshow". :rolleyes:

Isn't it great we can all laugh about this kind of stuff. =D> Doug, again no worries. \:D/ We are all friends. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Horse's Ass.jpg
Horse's Ass.jpg (60.71 KiB) Viewed 24 times
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine


"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett


"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

kingman

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 5774

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:10 pm

Location: Upstate South Carolina

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:50 am

Re: Carverfest Cable Raffle

in fact added incentive to move my lazy ass.
Great...I expect your review in the next 2 weeks. :) ...OK...I believe Zucher has a pair up there in Pittsburgh Hi-Fi heaven...what about you Tommy???? :-s
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

kingman

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 5774

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:10 pm

Location: Upstate South Carolina

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:51 am

Re: Carverfest Cable Raffle

Isn't it great we can all laugh about this kind of stuff. Doug, again no worries. We are all friends.
...Yes it is! Sometimes a soft "push" is needed to make things happen. I vote for the Shut the fuck up roadshow name. :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

cring08

User avatar

TFM-45

Posts: 506

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:50 am

Location: Cincinnati,OH

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:38 am

Re: Carverfest Cable Raffle

Sign me up for a test drive.
Chris

Living Room/main System:
Sunfire TGP IV
Sunfire 300x2
Carver Amazing Silvers
Apple tv
Carver SD 390t
Technics SL 1950 Turntable

Basement/system 2:
Carver MXR-130
Teac reel to reel
Musical Fidelity X-10D tube buffer
BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer
Nikko eq2
Cerwin Vega HED's
Klipsch SW15
Infinity RS10's
Pioneer 100 disk changer

Garage system:
Pioneer VSX something?
Polk Audio 2500
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2011 phpBB Group.