More 300x2 Q's.

Sunfire Home Audio (Stereo) Discussions and Questions
niccolosito

More 300x2 Q's.

Post by niccolosito » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:07 pm

Still on that 300x2.

How the ____ do you remove the cover??? Judging from its looks and seemingly untouched screws, it's very possible that the amp has never been opened

Removed the four screws at the back and tried to feel around the edges for more screws and found none.

Is there a special technique to do it properly and not scratch the amp?
Thank you.

Sorry, no nudies for now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Re: More 300x2 Q's.

Post by BrianT » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:14 pm

niccolosito wrote:Still on that 300x2.

How the ____ do you remove the cover??? Judging from its looks and seemingly untouched screws, it's very possible that the amp has never been opened

Removed the four screws at the back and tried to feel around the edges for more screws and found none.

Is there a special technique to do it properly and not scratch the amp?
Thank you.

Sorry, no nudies for now! :lol: :lol: :lol:
There are also 4 screws on the bottom

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

niccolosito

Post by niccolosito » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:47 pm

Brian,

Thanks for the info. As I said, I "searched" for screws with my fingers around the edges of the bottom of the amp but didn't find any that are screwed on the cover itself. They all seemed to be on the bottom cover, outside the top cover's bottom edges. Obviously, I need to look more closely.

I don't want to turn the amp on its side as the transformer seems to be a little loose when I moved the amp. Maybe I can position the amp by the edge of a table and look from underneath.

The cover is so flush to the body of the amp that it looks like one piece and inseparable. It's a beauty! Will have to be super-careful.

Again, thank you.

Nick

niccolosito

Post by niccolosito » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:24 am

Again, thanks for the tip on those bottom screws, Brian. After first removing the back screws, the cover loosened up just a bit on its own upon removal of the bottom screws. Lifted the cover slowly straight up, watching the back of the cover so it doesn't rub against the 'rail' it is sandwiched in, then there it was-success!

The four screws holding the tranny to the chassis were all loose and tightening them got rid of the low frequency hum. Hopefully, that fixed it and doesn't come back.

Return to “Sunfire Home Audio”