BillD, a great forum member has passed away...

A Tribute To Fallen Forum Members And Friends
Rainman
SILVER-7t

Re: BillD, a great forum member has passed away...

Post by Rainman » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:42 pm

I learned a ton from Bill, some of it was from reading his comments, and some of it was through the many debates we had.
I also learned in the non-public discussions I had with him that he was A True Gentleman and I will miss him greatly!
There is one other thing I wanted to mention in a true JOKING way.... In the great place where Bill is now, at least he will finally be able to find out if cables make a difference or not :lol: If only he could email us with the final answer, but I guess we will have to wait until we meet up with him at the audio show in the sky.... Thanks for everything Bill! =D>

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:02 pm

A little humor, BillD style, I ran across today while searching for something. I thought you folks might enjoy it...
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Chauss
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Re:

Post by Chauss » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:04 pm

treitz3 wrote:A little humor, BillD style, I ran across today while searching for something. I thought you folks might enjoy it...
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

OBI56
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by OBI56 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:19 pm

I woke up this morning with this sinking feeling that there would be news about Bill, but never really expecting it to be this sort of news. To Bill's family and friends I send my heartfelt sympathies but also my thanks and gratitude for being a rock of logic and plain good sense in this really screwed up world. Rest in peace my friend, rest in peace.... You have already truly been missed.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:30 pm

Bill was a good man, I'll miss him.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

megasat16
TFM-25

Post by megasat16 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:54 am

I am sad and sorry to learn BillD has gone to a better place.

BillD, I still wish you are still with us in this place but since you have gone, I just want to say you are such a gentle soul and keep on rocking!

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:40 pm

Not sure if this was posted here:

William Burroughs Dibble

Dibble, William Burroughs
age 63, passed away Thursday, Jan 19, 2012 at Mayo Clinic Hospital, Phoenix, AZ after a long brave battle with diabetes related complications following major surgery. He was born April 8, 1948 in Detroit, MI to the late Wm. B. Dibble (Col. USAF, Ret) and Jane Mitchell Dibble. Bill earned both his BS in Aerospace Engineering and his MS in Computer, Information and Control Engineering from the University of Michigan. He worked for Ford Motor Company in Dearborn, MI for 5 years before moving to Scottsdale, AZ in 1977 to take a job with Honeywell/Bull where he worked for 25 years.
He is survived by his devoted wife of 40 years Nancy A. Dibble and by one sister, Anne Dibble Harper (Alvin D.) of Edwardsville, IL. He is also survived by one nephew, two nieces, and three great nephews.
As a child of a military family and as a person who enjoyed cruises, Bill travelled extensively in his life. He loved music, loved to laugh, and especially enjoyed his final hobby: refurbishing, repairing, and enhancing Carver stereo equipment.
A memorial service will be planned at a later date. Contributions in his honor can be made to the US Olympics or to a charity of your choice .
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Thanks Rabbit!
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:10 pm

Here are the last PM's I got from BillD on a story I was telling him a few months back. I Miss you my Friend (Badly)...
BillD wrote:Too much Fuckitol?
BillD wrote: That is too cool. =D>

Things like that renew your faith in mankind.
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:17 pm

TNRabbit wrote:Not sure if this was posted here:

William Burroughs Dibble

Dibble, William Burroughs
age 63, passed away Thursday, Jan 19, 2012 at Mayo Clinic Hospital, Phoenix, AZ after a long brave battle with diabetes related complications following major surgery. He was born April 8, 1948 in Detroit, MI to the late Wm. B. Dibble (Col. USAF, Ret) and Jane Mitchell Dibble. Bill earned both his BS in Aerospace Engineering and his MS in Computer, Information and Control Engineering from the University of Michigan. He worked for Ford Motor Company in Dearborn, MI for 5 years before moving to Scottsdale, AZ in 1977 to take a job with Honeywell/Bull where he worked for 25 years.
He is survived by his devoted wife of 40 years Nancy A. Dibble and by one sister, Anne Dibble Harper (Alvin D.) of Edwardsville, IL. He is also survived by one nephew, two nieces, and three great nephews.
As a child of a military family and as a person who enjoyed cruises, Bill travelled extensively in his life. He loved music, loved to laugh, and especially enjoyed his final hobby: refurbishing, repairing, and enhancing Carver stereo equipment.
A memorial service will be planned at a later date. Contributions in his honor can be made to the US Olympics or to a charity of your choice .

Thanks Gary for the post.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by angelod307 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:39 am

:(
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

Return to “R.I.P.”