BillD, a great forum member has passed away...

A Tribute To Fallen Forum Members And Friends
Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: BillD is MIA....

Post by Snoop65 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:42 pm

BillD was a great guy. He was one of my first friends on this forum. Good hearted and very helpful. God bless him and God help his family during this sad time.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:44 pm

God....you have received one of ours ... Your gain is our loss ... Bill ...I will never forget....
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

sisu1a
Newbie 50+

Post by sisu1a » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:50 pm

I'm really bummed to hear this. BillD was one of the first folks in the Carver community I was in contact with, before joining this group. Such a gentleman, and answered everything I asked him, without reservation. Even right before his surgery with everything going on in his life he still found the time to send me parts lists and offer advice. A true class act, and although I never met him in person I can't help but feel I've genuinely lost a friend. I will miss you Bill, as will we all. My sincere condolences for those closer too him, this must really hurt.

-Paul

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:56 pm

I'm speechless.

I hope you folks do not mind, I changed the title of this thread. Today, the forum has lost a great one. The world for that matter. My condolences go out to the family and friends of what I consider a great man. RIP Bill.

If anybody has his address or contact information, let us know. I think some flowers or a donation per the families request is in order. He will most certainly be missed.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: BillD, a great forum member has passed away...

Post by angelod307 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:02 pm

:(
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

Martin1970
TFM-35

Post by Martin1970 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Every time I post or read a post,

I think about what Bill is going to have to say about that when he gets back.

Bill is the reason I got into Carver.

He really was the greatest.

And he truly loved helping us all out.

damn
Carverfest 10: Celebrating the life of our TNRabbit

PDR
TFM-45

Post by PDR » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:09 pm

The news has saddened me.....I considered Bill a friend for the last 4 1/2 yrs.....I will miss him.
He has helped me and given me advice.....he was always a straight shooter that would treat people with the respect. A great source of knowledge, and a great forum member has been lost.

My best to his family.....

Perry.

mbskeam
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by mbskeam » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:38 pm

he will be missed.... :(
Mbskeam

SILVER 7's
Amazing Line Source
2 SVS PB16 SUBS
#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
WTL Amadeus GTA+DV DRT XV-1t
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"

Eddie
Eddie The Knife

Post by Eddie » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:52 pm

mbskeam wrote:he will be missed.... :(
Greatly be missed!!!!!!!! :(
Don't waste a good opportunity to shut up!

Good judgment comes from experience, but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!

EndersShadow
TFM-55

Post by EndersShadow » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:11 pm

I do not know Bill, but I know that this forum is a family and that is one reason I have stuck around.

There is one less person to fill a chair at Carverfest and that stinks. I love learning from all you guys.

Hopefully he's chilling in heaven kicking back with a pair of Silver Seven's on some Carver Amazings with our Lord and Savior.

I like to imagine that's what heaven is like.

On a more serious note: Lord take care of his family in their time of need. Let them know how important he was to all those he touched, help them through the grieving process and be with them through the healing for we know that there are things only you can do and this is one of them. Surround them with love and support of their friends and family. Amen
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:19 pm

RIP Bill,you will be missed.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

BillD's very last post...

Post by treitz3 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:35 pm

BillD wrote:It hasn't gone yet, Gary. I'm leaving for the Mayo hospital in about an hour. They're going to tune me up for surgery today and tomorrow (and take some pictures and run tests). The surgery is Wednesday AM. So, I guess I'll take this opportunity to sign off. See you all on the other side of the Mountain.

BillD is 10-7
As tears roll down my face, I present to you all Bill's last post on the forum. One day, we all shall reunite on the other side of the mountain. Take care until then, brother.

For you, Bill...

http://youtu.be/WtmAVGPEPSI

Thank you for your contributions on the forum, with the military and in life. It was a pleasure and a definite honor knowing and chatting with you.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Chauss
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by Chauss » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:50 pm

RIP Bill - you will be missed. :( :( :(
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:52 pm

kingman wrote:God....you have received one of ours ... Your gain is our loss ... Bill ...I will never forget....
treitz3 wrote:I'm speechless.

I hope you folks do not mind, I changed the title of this thread. Today, the forum has lost a great one. The world for that matter. My condolences go out to the family and friends of what I consider a great man. RIP Bill.

If anybody has his address or contact information, let us know. I think some flowers or a donation per the families request is in order. He will most certainly be missed.
RIP BillD, THANK YOU William Dibble for all you offered to us all - You can live in our Hearts until we see you on the other side!!!

Last visited: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:25 pm
Total posts: 7295
[4.58% of all posts / 4.32 posts per day]
Search user’s posts
Attachments
BillD Avitar.jpg
BillD Avitar.jpg (23.14 KiB) Viewed 847 times
Last edited by Scarabeo on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:53 pm

I extend my condolences to Bills family and friends. I personally did not know Bill but from what I have read here he was truly a kind and generous soul. He will be missed.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Return to “R.I.P.”