FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:44 pm

CarverFest Reference Music

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:57 am

CarverFest Reference Music

One of the reasons I keep coming to CarverFest is the exposure to a vast assortment of music that I normally wouldn't hear. Roy and I set up a couple of PCs in our cabin and he runs around getting copies of cool stuff we'd like to take home. My kids complain I play the 'fest CDs too much. Well.... I've been thinking, what if (and I know it's a hassle) each of us made a CD or DVD-A of our fav tunes and brought them to the 'Fest. We could copy and pass them around. Hell even those folks not going to Bryson City but interested in shining a light on the music you listen to could send a disc along to me, I could reproduce it for everyone attending.

What do you think?

Although mine won't be as cool as Mark's I've already started it. Pulled 5 songs from newly opened virgin vinyl....first plays. That Tascam is one hell of a machine. TT straight to CD.

ray

for those interested in sending something along, here's my mailing address:
c/o Ray Campbell
228 North Illinois Ave
Mansfield, Ohio 44905
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:58 am

Re: CarverFest Reference Music

Great idea, I heard alot of good music at CF that I would never have purchased otherwise. What is a good CD player that records btw.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Vintage Hi-Fi modified Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:01 pm

MRHP wrote:Great idea, I heard alot of good music at CF that I would never have purchased otherwise. What is a good CD player that records btw.

It's called a COMPUTER~ :D
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:31 pm

TNRabbit wrote:
MRHP wrote:Great idea, I heard alot of good music at CF that I would never have purchased otherwise. What is a good CD player that records btw.

#-o #-o #-o :lol: :lol: :lol:
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Vintage Hi-Fi modified Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:23 pm

TNRabbit wrote:

Wabbit, GREAT to see you back!!!!! I can record straight from my TT direct to CD. Tascam CC222MKII

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:11 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
TNRabbit wrote:

Wabbit, GREAT to see you back!!!!! I can record straight from my TT direct to CD. Tascam CC222MKII

ray

That's because you're cool like that...
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:18 pm

angelod307 wrote:That's because you're cool like that...

Nice of you to notice:-)

ray
Magnaryder

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Every year Mark arrives with exceptional music. He started with mainstream and now tries to educate us with things.
This last year he did it also in 24 bit DVD.
Mark is the CarverFest tune guy and I don't see anyone going near that in inovation as well as song selection.

In many cabins guys just play Dire Straits, Steely, or Krall to show off their gear. Nothing wrong with that, but Mark takes it up a notch.
I will be playing his older CDs (if invited).

On the other hand, we can all be people like Mark. (not really)
My gear may be things many laugh at, but my music catalog is incredible. It might not be much as you see it, but has all my favorite tunes and that is what makes it incredible - too me.

I think sometimes we tend to put too much effort on the gear and not enough on the tunes.
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:25 am

Thanks for your kind words Bill!

Most certainly, the equipment is fun. But I found out over time that the music you get exposed to is the cool part and lives on if it's something you like. Another part is certainly the people you meet!

So I enjoy collecting the better recorded music that does the good job of showing the equipment and setup strengths and weeknesses. When you go to the trouble and expense of traveling to one of the big hi-end shows, (like NYC or LA) collecting your known and stressing songs is just part of smart preperation and getting the most out of your time, trouble and money.

But one of the big reasons I orginally thought of creating CF discs was so we could have common music to be able to discuss the equipment highs and lows. That must have not really made sense, as I've not seen any of that. But I don't worry about that at all if I've managed to expose anybody at all to an artist that they go out and get. Music they hadn't happened to have run into anywhere before.

Music that you really dig is a true gift. Just like spending time with cool people is!

Mark

Return to CARVERFEST 2013