What are you bringing To CF 2014

8th Anual CarverFest. September 10th - 24th
frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: What are you bringing To CF 2014

Post by frenchguy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:09 pm

harry is bringing some speakers for you to audition george! you may as well bring a pre & disc player & give them a real good audition! :-" 8) :D
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Electrostatic screen doors!

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:Electrostatic screen doors!
Damn good one George!!! =D> :lol: =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Eddie
Eddie The Knife

Post by Eddie » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:56 am

Anyone going to be around the first day of Carverfest that can give me a hand unloading the truck? Thanks Eddie!
Don't waste a good opportunity to shut up!

Good judgment comes from experience, but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:42 am

I will be there,,call me when you get there

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:11 pm

kingman wrote:
Thanks Wayne,,, I have my moments

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:12 pm

you did last year!!! :lol: =D> :D
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:15 pm

frenchguy wrote:you did last year!!! :lol: =D> :D
You are just jealous!

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:15 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:
kingman wrote:
Thanks Wayne,,, I have my moments
Look forward to seeing you and Janice again. Tried to call JerryR but no answer . Is he still planning to attend?
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Thanks Wayne,,, I have my moments[/quote]
Look forward to seeing you and Janice again. Tried to call JerryR but no answer . Is he still planning to attend?[/quote]
Talked with him today,, he and Nikki are kickin it around,, they are considering a weekend visit!

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:33 pm

Sorry Jolee, you will meet Sydnee at Carverfest 2015.

After 8 weeks of promises I have a girl for you, and even a visit just 4 weeks ago to Largo, Fl. reiterating the same, the breeder sales "our Sydnee" to someone who originally wanted a boy show puppy and offers us "their" boy puppy instead. Keep in mind, this is the week we are to pick up our little girl Sydnee. Didn't even have the courtesy to call my cell phone or landline. Receive the e-mail while Terri and I are in the Knoxville airport awaiting a return to Florida on Labor day from a family reunion. Biting my tongue and holding my anger in check, I simply respond: I am too upset with you currently to respond appropriately, please return my deposit ASAP. We have nothing against a boy puppy. However, I wasn't about to let her profit from us after such an unethical act on her part. Puppies from Champion Golden bloodlines are going between 2 to 3K. No way Josie was I going to put that in her pocketbook.

That evening I placed a call to our breeder we purchased our dearly departed Katie from in North Carolina who had recommended this breeder to us because she did not have a puppy available. In addition, her stud male, who was related to Katie, artificially inseminated the breeder's "bitch" in Largo, which is why the recommendation. Being a close knit group of champion show breeders, our breeder in NC was very upset with this unethical treatment. Needless to say, the word will get out from our breeder and no recommendation will be forthcoming again.

Currently, our breeder in North Carolina plans to bred one of her show dogs this month, based on anticipated heat cycle. If she has a girl puppy, which should be due in late January sometime, if things go as planned, she will be ours. Although initially very disappointed, we believe things happen for a reason.

We still await "Sydnee's" arrival. It appears we may now have a belated Christmas present. Below is a picture of our New "Sydnee's" Mom.
Attachments
Sydnee.jpg
Jewell.jpg
Jewell.jpg (65.47 KiB) Viewed 1954 times
Friendship.jpg
Friendship.jpg (27.75 KiB) Viewed 1954 times
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:14 pm

so sorry to hear that Don & Terri!!! ](*,) I would be furious as I am sure you were at the time!! :( we cant even imagine how that feels but we know it must be quite the blow this close to getting her!! :shock: like you said, things happen for a reason & I am sure when you do finally get your Sydnee, she will make you forget the big let down that the breeder put you though! take care & have a safe trip to CF! [-o< see you soon! Melody & Al :)

mbskeam
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by mbskeam » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:50 pm

Eddie,
I should be there around 3PM weds, same deal as last year.
can help.

mike
Mbskeam

SILVER 7's
Amazing Line Source
2 SVS PB16 SUBS
#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
WTL Amadeus GTA+DV DRT XV-1t
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:52 am

mbskeam wrote:Eddie,
I should be there around 3PM weds, same deal as last year.
can help.

mike
I'll be bringing a heavy duty hand truck and can help too. Don't know yet what time I'll arrive though. It'll depend on how far I make it on Tuesday.
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com

Eddie
Eddie The Knife

Post by Eddie » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Ok guys I really appreciate the help! It has been a difficult two weeks! Thanks Eddie!
Don't waste a good opportunity to shut up!

Good judgment comes from experience, but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!

Return to “CARVERFEST 2014”