Eddie,, pick up some boiled peanuts on the way

Robert R
TFM-75

Re: Let the Loading Begin!

Post by Robert R » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi Eddie,

When are you leaving?
I'd love to drive along with you, but there are complications:

1. My natural southerly route to NC starts nowhere near NJ. It is US 15 to Harrisburg, then I-81 from there. But on the trip down I take 81 only as far as Staunton Va. where I crest the Blue Ridge via I-64, then descend it on US 250, and take a couple of byways to US 29, thence to Danville VA, and from there Rt. 86 to Chapel Hill, NC. It all makes for a rousing 12 hour day.

2. I'm probably leaving early on Friday the 5th, to spend five nights in Chapel Hill, NC and hobnob with my friends there - and catch a little rest after those 12 hours. On the morning of Wednesday the 10th, if you come that way, I just might run into you on I-85 and I-40, on the way to Asheville, and thence to Watershed. Maybe you'll be going through from Durham about then? I get on at Hillsborough; then its still about another 5 hours (280 miles to Watershed.

3. My overloaded, top-heavy, old POS Toyota could never keep up with anybody who's in a hurry on those hills that cover the last - what is it? - 80 miles or so.

My cabin mate SteveK will be coming from up your way, hauling his bike by trailer. He plans to arrive in the evening on that same Wednesday, but that might be later than you planned on getting there.

If I get everything done in Chapel Hill in those four days, I will probably return home from the Fest directly this year, for once. That would be on the last Wednesday AM, I suppose - the 24th. Maybe we can share the home-going road as far as Harrisburg. If you go that way - I don't know your route.

Rob
"You know what folks? I'm happy."

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:14 pm

Robert, you will be within an hour of me when you hit 250.

I had to go to Marion, VA, this past wed for traffic court (speeding on I95) & came back 107 miles on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It took five hours to go those 107 miles, but it was an absolutely gorgeous ride.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Robert R
TFM-75

Post by Robert R » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:46 pm

Damm, Gary - Don't they know rabbits are supposed to be speedy?

Better not get caught for that other thing rabbits are famous for...

RR

Eddie
Eddie The Knife

Post by Eddie » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:23 pm

That's Ok Robert Gary has been castrated already! LOL!
Don't waste a good opportunity to shut up!

Good judgment comes from experience, but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!

Eddie
Eddie The Knife

Post by Eddie » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Robert I go out RT78 into PA and then down RT81!
Don't waste a good opportunity to shut up!

Good judgment comes from experience, but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:46 pm

TNRabbit wrote:Robert, you will be within an hour of me when you hit 250.

I had to go to Marion, VA, this past wed for traffic court (speeding on I95) & came back 107 miles on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It took five hours to go those 107 miles, but it was an absolutely gorgeous ride.

Thats what,, 20 mph or so? Curvy roads?

Robert R
TFM-75

Post by Robert R » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:13 pm

Eddie - I figured you were too smart to take I-bloody-95. Maybe we can run together on the return trip, as far as Harrisburg. Have to see how all my "side moves" pan out.

You just may be right about the Wabbit's hormonal state. 20 mph seems a lot faster if you're de-nutted - trust me - I've been there. Glad to be there no more.

RR

Return to “CARVERFEST 2014”