8th Anual CarverFest. September 10th - 24th
Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Obligatto capacitor order thread

Post by Zoot Horn » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:30 am

I will be ordering these for some folks for the Linestage build

Al
Brian T
Anyone else,, please post here,,,Wayne,,I could not remember if you wanted a pair or not,,just let me know,,I will be ordering this week,,,say. Tuesday

Thanks

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Re: Obligatto capacitor order thread

Post by kingman » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:46 am

Zoot Horn wrote:I will be ordering these for some folks for the Linestage build

Al
Brian T
Anyone else,, please post here,,,Wayne,,I could not remember if you wanted a pair or not,,just let me know,,I will be ordering this week,,,say. Tuesday

Thanks
I an gonna trust Mark on this one George........
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Excellent caps, I highly recommend them.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:32 pm

Output coupling cap choices tend to be kind of personal to flavor and quickly go heavy on the dollar.

I've said all along we are going to have a decent output cap (and all parts) that will work and sound excellent. It's to mate with the CF amp in particular, though any amp should be fine. Trying to hold the line to reasonable on the Linestage in general, I picked a economical Clarity Cap that should not shame what we're trying to do.

But I've also said all along that you may well want to up the game on that cap, to fulfill your hearts every desire.

But even then, it's not too bad an idea to listen a little first before changing to your flavor. It'll help you recognize your choices strengths and help you know if you're home or if you still want to try others.

So I'd encourage choices, like the Obligatto, for those intending to experiment in that way. It's a top drawer choice for sure.

The idea of the Linestage is to be very solid sonically, not that with enough money you can't improve. And we'll all be interested I hope in what does seem to work particularly well.

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:44 am

Got mine already. I've used them in speakers, my CF amp mods, I have a set for my 5687 pre build and a set for this pre. Great caps!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:51 am

Magnaryder wrote:Got mine already. I've used them in speakers, my CF amp mods, I have a set for my 5687 pre build and a set for this pre. Great caps!

ray
You brag!
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:42 pm

radioeng2 wrote:
Magnaryder wrote:Got mine already. I've used them in speakers, my CF amp mods, I have a set for my 5687 pre build and a set for this pre. Great caps!

ray
You brag!
Just sayin' they're good caps....'specially for the $$.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:56 am

Unfortunately the Obligatto's that I had ordered did not arrive in time for the fest,,I have 4 3.3uF caps that I had ordered for others,,,,so with that said,,I have 4 for sale@ $ 40.00 per pair shipped.

Please note,,, Al and Brian T have right of first refusal !

Please post here if you are interested.

Thanks for looking.

Return to “CARVERFEST 2014”