Fest Fun Schedule

!!10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! Sep 7th - 21st
Robert R
TFM-75

Fest Fun Schedule

Post by Robert R » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:10 am

Monday – Loading my little truck all day, in steamy Florida. Portable bed, AL-IIIs, test equipment, parts, tools, food, and plenty of et cetera, including the Carverfest banner.

Tuesday – Drive, dawn to dusk – 13+ hours, to my haven in NC, where more loading – Sub, amps (including Russ's), CF speakers, clothes, portable work table and chairs, etc. - including a dolly cart, if somehow it fits.

Wednesday – Visit a sick friend in Chapel Hill, then five hours up to Watershed. Whatever remains of me should arrive by mid-afternoon. Then unload everything and get it all set up.

Glad we don't have all this fun more than once a year...I'd never survive.
Robert R
"You know what folks? I'm happy."

UncleMeat
TFM-25

Re: Fest Fun Schedule

Post by UncleMeat » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:29 pm

I'll be arriving Wed hopefully before 9PM; flight arrives in ATL at 4PM. I can help you unload and set up when I get there; or on Thursday morning if you can wait overnight. Thanks so much for meeting up with Martin1970 and bringing the tube amp to CF a week earlier than his arrival!

Were you able to locate your Distortion Analyzer? Wayne has loaned me his Kiethley but I'm concerned about getting it on the plane via checked baggage or getting it through the TSA checkpoint with carry-on. Wayne said pack it in baggage and cross fingers. If I mail it to Watershed it will be a few days after I get there earliest ship date USPS Priority Mail is Tuesday, so it would be there Friday; what do you think?

I'm in the crunch time to get packed/ready, better get started LOL!! See you Wednesday night!

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:36 pm

we are pretty much packed, Melody works till 6 so after we get a nap after dinner we plan to hit the road at 9pm to avoid the traffic in Chicago, should be pulling into Watershed at noon or so tomorrow!! \:D/ 8) hoping for a uneventful drive without any rain! [-o< see everyone on the mountain!! =D> \:D/ 8)
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:47 pm

frenchguy wrote:we are pretty much packed, Melody works till 6 so after we get a nap after dinner we plan to hit the road at 9pm to avoid the traffic in Chicago, should be pulling into Watershed at noon or so tomorrow!! \:D/ 8) hoping for a uneventful drive without any rain! [-o< see everyone on the mountain!! =D> \:D/ 8)
Have a safe trip. :D
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:03 pm

Safe travels everyone

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Post by BrianT » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:44 pm

Everybody have a save trip

I should be there for supper on Tuesday 13th.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

Robert R
TFM-75

Post by Robert R » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:11 pm

Russ - I'd say bring the distortion meter only if you can do so without extraordinary bother or expense. There will probably be one or two other such rigs on the mountain, someplace.

I probably won't save you much lifting/unloading - some exercise will do me good after driving around 18 hours in a day and a half.

I just got a new phone, and am still in the learning stages on it - so very different from what my antique one was. But my number is unchanged, and the minutes are unlimited.

Robert R

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:44 pm

I will have an analyzer at the fest again. While we may have to jocky for time in front of it a little, I'd a lot rather see it used than trying to get one all the way across the country. I'm sure we can do that without too much trouble. I can also bring a second variac if that'd be useful.

Mark

PS...I do not have a load above a 20 watt. So anything along those lines might be useful for you high power guys.
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

Robert R
TFM-75

Post by Robert R » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:30 pm

Great, Mark. I have loads and variac, etc. But a distortion check would be great - hopefully it will just confirm that all is well with this tube amp.

See you soon,
Robert

UncleMeat
TFM-25

Post by UncleMeat » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:02 pm

The Kiethley is small enough to fit in my carry-on but I'm concerned they would not know what it is and want to prohibit it from being brought on. TSA said to put even Vac Tubes into checked luggage because screeners at the checkpoint would probably disallow them; yet the airline says nothing of value should be put in checked baggage, and if TSA won't clear it; it won't be allowed on the plane. ](*,) The DA is just a bit too large to ship USPS Priority Mail flat rate, and too expensive packaged and sipped priority or UPS.

Wayne said he would be OK with the situation if TSA removed it from my checked bag; and if I can get it to CF if anyone wants to buy it, It's for sale for $350. Anyone interested?

Return to “CARVERFEST 2016”