Any Regrets from Carverfest 2016?

!!10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! Sep 7th - 21st
radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Any Regrets from Carverfest 2016?

Post by radioeng2 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:30 am

Regrets that Bob didn't get to do any more quality checks on Alex's craft....

Isn't there a song called..."Flyyyy....Bob...Fly!!!"

I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:37 am

One of the biggest regrets had to be there wasn't more of those most excellent BBQ chips....

Where did they all go????
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Yearly BBQ Sauce run...

Post by treitz3 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:55 am

I regret that I wasn't able to go home with 6 gallons of Old Mule BBQ sauce. The store that normally carried it no longer sells it. ](*,)

Damn.

Damn. Damn.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

trav0810
el douché
el douché

Post by trav0810 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:47 pm

My only regret is that I didn't spend enough time there.

packratt
M-400t CUBE

Re: Yearly BBQ Sauce run...

Post by packratt » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:19 pm

[quote="treitz3"]I regret that I wasn't able to go home with 6 gallons of Old Mule BBQ sauce. The store that normally carried it no longer sells it. ](*,)

Damn.

Damn. Damn.

Tom[/quote]

It's carried on Amazon and you can order direct from source.

https://www.oldmule.com/

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Old Mule

Post by treitz3 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:49 pm

I know but there is a BIG difference and that is price. At my local Harris Teeter, I can only get the Original and it's priced at around $5.00 for a pint and no half gallons or other types of Old Mule available. That was close to the price I used to get it at the local Bryson City store (Fred's I think). When you order online, the pints are $5.50-$7.00 and shipping ranges from $8.00 per to a flat rate of $12 for up to 24 or 6 half gallons. I didn't see any on Amazon Prime.

The half gallons were $12 or $13 at the store and the lowest I can find them online is I believe $17 or so. Then when the shipping is added in, the price goes up steeply. $80 or so dollars at the local Bryson City store used to get me my yearly supply of Old Mule. Online, that same order jumps to $117.00. So the end result is close to $40 more for the same stuff. #-o

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:53 pm

Couple of regrets. 1. Regret I didn't have my van. 2. Regret I wasn't strong enough to put Charlie's stats in my van by myself while him and Martin were sleeping. 3. Slip back to Fla. unnoticed! :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:43 pm

Don wrote:Couple of regrets. 1. Regret I didn't have my van. 2. Regret I wasn't strong enough to put Charlie's stats in my van by myself while him and Martin were sleeping. 3. Slip back to Fla. unnoticed! :lol: :lol:

I have that same regret with Charlie's or Mark's. Either would have been nice. Didn't sit in the sweet spot for Mark's till he was ready to pack up - they would be so perfect in my living room. (maybe next year, we help each other and get a move on getting 'er done?)
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:45 pm

radioeng2 wrote:Regrets??? I feel for those poor ribs. They didn't stand a chance when the grill caught fire. This is after it called down a lot...

OMG. How did I forget about that?
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:47 pm

sea wrote:No regrets really. Just takes so long to roll around each year and then over in a flash. Of course, I guess i do regret falling, like an old man, and messing my shoulder up. Thank you so much to all of my wonderful Carver friends that helped me during my onearmness!!

Remember, we won't tell anyone what really happened. The whole pole dancing, flip into the hot tub story.

I did warn you though, we would come up with a better story for you than tripping over your own damn feet.

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:52 pm

I regret forgetting the ice cream for Mark and the tea for Harry. Already miss being the cabinmate to two of the best guys around. My patio just doesn't compare to those mornings on the deck.
harry and mark cropped.jpg
But next year I WILL be discussing changing the thingamajig out of the CD player, and may even know what I'm talking about lol.

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:53 pm

Shortcake wrote:I regret forgetting the ice cream for Mark and the tea for Harry. Already miss being the cabinmate to two of the best guys around. My patio just doesn't compare to those mornings on the deck.
The attachment harry and mark cropped.jpg is no longer available
But next year I WILL be discussing changing the thingamajig out of the CD player, and may even know what I'm talking about lol.

blast from last year:
IMG_20150918_184651.jpg
how can you not love these two?

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:47 pm

I regret our old friend OO from the I'm a Fucking Asshole forum did not stop in for a visit. Interesting Yard Crapp becomes Im a fucking asshole forum.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:10 am

I'm a Fucking Asshole

yep it works.

Return to “CARVERFEST 2016”