Gas shortage again / price increases

11th Annual CARVERFEST 2017 September 6th - 20th
Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Gas shortage again / price increases

Post by Shortcake » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:13 am

Watched the news this morning and deja vu - they shut down the line from Texas to NY again. Everyone remember what happened last time?

The difference is they shut it down before we get there during a holiday weekend. Drive safely, and keep your tanks full. Who knows what could happen to the prices / availability as we get closer to the location.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

oldtexasdog
M-400t CUBE

Re: Gas shortage again / price increases

Post by oldtexasdog » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:32 pm

It is a temp problem and should be cured by next week. Texas has released from it's reservs to restart that pipeline.
There are two holes in Daddy's head where all the money goes.

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:29 pm

oldtexasdog wrote:It is a temp problem and should be cured by next week. Texas has released from it's reservs to restart that pipeline.

Yes, I know, BUT I am leaving this weekend!
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

oldtexasdog
M-400t CUBE

Post by oldtexasdog » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:05 pm

Ouch! I feel your pain. ](*,)
There are two holes in Daddy's head where all the money goes.

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:43 pm

I would never travel there on the holiday anyways, I won't have any problems getting gas I'm sure! Why would you leave on the weekend? Fest don't start till the 6th anyways
2-Carver Crimson 275 vacuum tube amps,Carver C-1 tfm 42. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carver Amazing Silver speakers in oak, Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:45 am

frenchguy wrote:Why would you leave on the weekend? Fest don't start till the 6th anyways
Because I can!

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:30 pm

North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper declares State of Emergency over gas supply concerns | abc11.com http://abc11.com/gas-prices-rise-supply ... -/2361523/

North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper declares State of Emergency over gas supply concerns (Robert Judson)
By Elaina Athans and Joel Brown
Updated 2 hrs 40 mins ago
RALEIGH, North Carolina (WTVD) --
Gas prices continue to rise across our area. The average price of a gallon of gas climbed to $2.44 overnight.

It comes less than 24 hours after Gov. Roy Cooper issued of State of Emergency to temporarily waive the cap on maximum hours of service restrictions for fuel vehicles traveling in and through North Carolina.

The latest:

* A state of emergency makes it easier for gas to be shipped to NC
* Gas prices are rising across the state
* NC Attorney General asks that you report suspected price gouging
* The Colonial Pipeline supplies gas across the Southeast and is operating at less than full capacity because of Harvey

The order will help gasoline move in and through the state more easily and quickly in response to delivery problems caused by Hurricane Harvey.

"Hurricane Harvey's damage to refineries in Texas and Louisiana could ripple throughout the southeast, causing gasoline shortages and rising prices," said Cooper in a news release. "I'm taking action to make it easier to get gasoline into our state so North Carolinians who need gas can get it."

READ COOPER'S FULL STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARATION

Colonial Pipeline said that its pipelines 1 and 2 continue to operate from Lake Charles to the East Coast, but deliveries will be "intermittent and dependent on terminal and refinery supply."

The lines remain down from Houston to the Hebert Injection Station, which is out of service. That station is between Beaumont, Texas, and the Louisiana border.

Some gas stations in the Triangle are already feeling the squeeze and were out of gas Friday morning.

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:31 pm

http://www.richmond.com/news/national-w ... 193a8.html

“Virginia is among a number of states expected see the largest gas price increases in the nation, as the Gulf Coast is the primary provider of gasoline for our region,” she said.

However, she noted that the nation’s supply of gasoline remains strong at 229 million barrels, the highest level in five years, citing figures from the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

“That means that for now, there should be adequate supply which can be moved around the country to meet demand,” she said.

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:40 pm

I am not going to need gas in NC, maybe when I leave, if I cant leave, oh well! :lol: :D 8)
2-Carver Crimson 275 vacuum tube amps,Carver C-1 tfm 42. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carver Amazing Silver speakers in oak, Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Post by BrianT » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:41 pm

Shortcake wrote: Gas prices continue to rise across our area. The average price of a gallon of gas climbed to $2.44 overnight.
Some gas stations in the Triangle are already feeling the squeeze and were out of gas Friday morning.
Short Stack up's I mean Shortcake :rolleyes:

I paid $4.96 US gallon this morning here in Ottawa Canada, this evening its at $5.26 US gallon. :(

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:14 pm

BrianT wrote:
Shortcake wrote: Gas prices continue to rise across our area. The average price of a gallon of gas climbed to $2.44 overnight.
Short Stack up's I mean Shortcake :rolleyes:

I paid $4.96 US gallon this morning here in Ottawa Canada, this evening its at $5.26 US gallon. :(

Brian

Gee, they are expecting about 350 here in NEPA by Sunday and in Pittsburgh, possibly more. Glad I filled up the other day and have nowhere to go till I leave on Sunday!

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:57 am

Filled up this morning at about 50 cents higher than around a week ago. Around 2.70 I think?

Then I look at my company email and see a note from somebody last night saying the biggest gas chain around town was out somewhere last night. Don't know what location he was at, but that was exactly where I just got gas. We have a lot of distribution for the surrounding area from here as a bunch of pipelines end here in town. If there was much of a shortage, it'd probably jump here first.

Just checked the local TV station web sites and only a couple local stories. One said on Friday it was averaging around $2.50 and climbing but no shortage mentioned. Another said no significant problems expected and prices up about 25 cents this week (that'd have been about right yest).

I think we'd have seen a 20 cent jump or so just from the holiday weekend if there would have been no other problems.

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

sea
TFM-35

Post by sea » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:59 pm

We drove over yesterday. Gas here 2.60 to 2.70. I went to town this morning. No lines or apparent shortages.

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:04 pm

looks like Virginia is the highest nationwide for the weekend. Will have to fill up before entering and coast on through lol. got to 289 here in spots so far.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:14 pm

I just went to a local gas station in Rock Hill, SC and all pumps were out of gas. First one I ran across though. All other stations are doing fine.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Return to “CARVERFEST 2017”