CarverFest 2018 Cabin Reservations (LOCKED)

12th Annual CARVERFEST 2018 September 5th - 19th
Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: CarverFest 2018 Cabin Reservations

Post by Zoot Horn » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:13 pm

Wow,, I have refrained from commenting because we have missed the last two years,, but things here seem a little unfriendly/unsettled,, I am going to re think my attendance this year as well.Nuff said.

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:13 pm

I am confused. Everyone always called dibs on when you wanted it, and if someone wanted longer the two parties spoke and worked it out most times.

Everyone knew how it worked, and the reiteration of it all, I am sure, was basically for the newbies who were showing interest, not so much those who always attend. Newbies rarely if ever stay full run, and with the build would probably be only for the day or 2 (3) that goes on. There always seemed to be these discussions. Now everyone wants all or part, same as before, and can't seem to figure it all out?

Wondering when what is IMO 'over the top sarcasm' 'I Ain't doing this BS' 'someone licked the stripes off my candy cane' began?

I think because of the build, some are just trying to be upfront with everyone getting schedules down so others who may be interested can make the fold as well. At least that is my take. Maybe I am wrong.

As for those who have longer stay time, carverfest itself is the usual 14 days, but if longer, then you work it out with Watershed.

Anywho...I am a bit flabbergasted at the tone of conversations that, as I said, have always been held on and / or off forum by many, among other topics...

Happy New Year. Everyone breathe and let's get back to the convo in 2018.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Avoiding a train wreck....

Post by treitz3 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:17 pm

trav0810 wrote: I would think the goal would be be to show courtesy to the people who have been coming and to guarantee their place at the fest.
Ding, ding, ding!!!! We have a winner here folks

Hey all, Tom here. I hopped on to wish everyone a very happy New Year's and got drawn into this bad snag in the fabric. ](*,) With that said, Happy New Year 2018 all!!!

*sigh*

All, Carverfest is not about who has the money to stay the longest. It never has been, nor shall it ever be. Bob the Godfather and the entire reason this event was created in the first place was to honor the man who brought mainstream folks AFFORDABLE Hi-fidelity audio. I hopped on tonight and was extremely disappointed that the one man who took the helm of Carverfest and the one man who also has contributed more to Carverfest since my departure (because of Bill (AKA) OconeeOrange) is no longer willing to contribute because of recent events. That man is Mark (Radioeng2).

Not only that, very dear friends of mine and most of yours (George Daniels and Janice Daniels) are no longer willing to attend as well.

*Double sigh*

There are those who do not like the "pecking order". I understand that. I really do. With that said, it was put into place for a reason.......To prevent this exact scenario from happening.

Those that are loyal to Carverfest and those that look forward to coming back to the cabins year after year deserve loyalty back. This was part of the reason for the pecking order. The other part of the pecking order was to insure that those who have a bigger wallet than those who are loyal to Bob and Carverfest would not IN ANY WAY be able to thwart those who are loyal from attending the event.

Some folks have only one vacation per year. For those, many only have 5 to 7 days of vacation. I have met many a person whose ENTIRE vacation is taken up for the entire year just to attend Carverfest. If that's not loyalty? I don't know what is....especially when they attend year after year. Those reading need to keep in mind that it takes between 1-2 days to even get to the event ON TOP OF their vacation days. That's just to get there. Have you ever stopped to think about how much of a commitment that actually is for these folks?

This is before ever packing a damned thing. This is just what they sacrifice in order to attend and be at the event they wait the entire year for.

The pecking order was to protect THESE folks from having those who may be, shall we say, more "well off" than them completely step all over them and their loyalty to Carverfest. Some folks have 5 weeks or more of vacation and a 6 figure paycheck along with their wife who may also have a 6 figure paycheck. Bob made audio gear AFFORDABLE for the masses and it's the masses who usually attend Carverfest. You know, those that do not have 5 weeks vacation, a mansion on the hill and a vacation home that's paid for on an exotic island. It was for this reason that I, "in my infinite wisdom" as stated by senior members here, made the pecking order.

WS12 has a debacle that still needs to be resolved. For that, I do not know what to do, as this was an internal cabin agreement that got discombobulated. That shall remain an internal cabin issue but one that should and could be remedied easily.

For the rest of us? It should be an easy, accommodating, friendly and amicable relationship.

There are plenty of cabins to make ALL of our accommodations luxurious and welcome to the event. With that said. Jerry, Niki and I are wanting WS11. Travis is welcome to stay with us for whenever he would like to come.

It is my hope, my prayers that George and Janice make it as well, for whatever time they are available to come, even if it means they stay with us.

To Mark (Radioeng2), I no longer have your phone number but if you see this, please PM me your contact information. This forum owes you some gratitude for your continued loyalty and it would be my profound pleasure to make sure that you attend as usual. Things do NOT need to be this complicated.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:17 pm

Ok,, I have thought about it,, we will be in Cabin 1 for the entire fest,,wedding soup too! Might even bring the Tyler/Vtl rig back! Happy New Year!

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:18 pm

I spoke with one of the greats of Carverfest tonight and I'd like to steal a quote from him tonight.....

"Let's get back into the original spirit of Carverfest".

'Nuff said.

Happy New Year's!!!!

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:29 pm

=D> Thanks Tom, about time somebody makes sense of this bullshit, exactly what I have been saying! Now let's move on & get everyone back who is part of the C.F. family! \:D/ :D 8)
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:03 pm

The spirit remains within the circle,always remember that brothers

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

The truth on how he was lost???? Re:Mark

Post by treitz3 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:44 am

.....That's all that needs to be said...as to the one that was lost......Well this senseless drivel has cost us Mark Lucas. He is no longer on the forum and will not attend CarverFest. Mark has been a great friend and mentor.
Awe dang. Story as to why/how?....????

Seriously?

Bring his ass back....no questions asked....for now. 8)

Tom

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:58 am

glad everyone on the same page.

I was so confused I had to even go back through my messages (off forum) where others were worried about who got a cabin due to reserving a longer span than someone previously who wasn't going to be there full time. Or when a regular missed a few years and lost the cabin, blah blah blah...Even then I said, off forum, I am not playing baby sitter, everyone has to speak up. Odd how it became an issue after someone else misunderstood / took offense to the 'get your cabin dibs in now' post. And yes, that's pretty much what that post has always been, not just when it is later in the year and everyone is finalizing with payments.

This could be why others don't step in and do the cabin thread? Maybe we don't need the thread and everyone just call and book what they want, when they want? Now that would be something incredible, I am sure.

Everyone wants everyone to enjoy the fest, one day or 16 days. That includes Mark. I mean hell, he has a cabin. He didn't need to go through the junk to get here for everyone else' tracking of what's what. We all bring a little something interesting, and I'd like to see it remain that way.

I am one of those that works hard all year and gets the one opportunity to vacation and prefer to hang with friends who are like family, with little bitching and moaning over hanging with blood...So let's pull it all together as usual, and move on.

I don't see how anything has changed. Maybe just the way it is understood with the chance of possible newbies that may attend? Breathing helps. Happy New Year, everyone.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

trav0810
TFM-35

Post by trav0810 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:47 am

I'll tell you exactly what has changed early, and that was Mark and Ray wanting to focus on new members, and new attendees over the people that have been there before. Multiple people tried to contact the mark directly and talk to him about this, and his responses were pretty much the same as Ray's. "This is what WE decided and you don't have to like it"

The whole "booking for the entire fest rule" was in place before it was a full two-week event. At that point, that rule had Merit. Once it became a full two-week event, and the majority of attendees cannot attend for 2 weeks, that rule became outdated and needed to be revisited. Whenever people tried to speak to Mark, or Ray about this, the response was generally "too bad...it's not going to change".

There is about an average of 40 people that attend Carver Fest each year. At least 30 of those return year after year. When one or two people take it upon themselves to try to dictate law that affects those 30 without consideration for how they feel, something like this is bound to happen.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:07 am

Maybe we don't need the thread and everyone just call and book what they want, when they want? Now that would be something incredible, I am sure.
We established the "pecking order" to prevent a nightmare scenario and honor those who stayed the year prior by reserving first dibs on that same cabin for the following year. If we were to do this, who would stop someone from renting out WS7 for 3 weeks? I'm quite sure that Eddie and Bob would be very angry if this happened. They have been loyally staying at that cabin for close to a decade. They deserve first dibs on obtaining that cabin again this year, regardless of how long or how bad someone else may want that cabin. What if someone wanted to rent out your cabin for 3 or 4 more days then what you wanted it booked for?

We established the pecking order to prevent folks from ruining the vacation of those members that have been loyal to Bob and the 'fest over the year's.

Back in the early days of Carverfest, all parties agreed on any changes. Not just one or two members. This is not a dictatorship. It's a GROUP event.

Tom

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Re:

Post by Shortcake » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:09 am

treitz3 wrote:
Maybe we don't need the thread and everyone just call and book what they want, when they want? Now that would be something incredible, I am sure.
We established the "pecking order" to prevent a nightmare scenario. If we were to do this, who would stop someone from renting out WS7 for 3 weeks? I'm quite sure that Eddie and Bob would be very angry if this happened. They have been loyally staying at that cabin for close to a decade. They deserve first dibs on obtaining that cabin again this year, regardless of how long or how bad someone else may want that cabin. What if someone wanted to rent out your cabin for 3 or 4 more days then what you wanted it booked for?

We established the pecking order to prevent folks from ruining the vacation of those members that have been loyal to Bob and the 'fest over the year's.

Back in the early days of Carverfest, all parties agreed on any changes. Not just one or two members. This is not a dictatorship. It's a GROUP event.

Tom

Hey, Tom. I was adding to the sarcasm....I get it. Smile :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

10-4

Post by treitz3 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:13 am

Gotcha' and thanks! :wink: Happy New Year Shortcake!!!

Tom

sea
TFM-35

Re:

Post by sea » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:33 am

treitz3 wrote:
They deserve first dibs on obtaining that cabin again this year, regardless of how long or how bad someone else may want that cabin. What if someone wanted to rent out your cabin for 3 or 4 more days then what you wanted it booked for
I guess this is where I am confused about the Pecking Order. I am totally on board with the statement above. But it seems as I read the Pecking Order details it does the opposite. If someone has been in a cabin for 7 or or 10 days for several years, I read it that someone who is willing to stay more days or the entire event can take that cabin.

Perhaps I have totally misunderstood.

trav0810
TFM-35

Re: Re:

Post by trav0810 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:02 pm

sea wrote:
treitz3 wrote:
They deserve first dibs on obtaining that cabin again this year, regardless of how long or how bad someone else may want that cabin. What if someone wanted to rent out your cabin for 3 or 4 more days then what you wanted it booked for
I guess this is where I am confused about the Pecking Order. I am totally on board with the statement above. But it seems as I read the Pecking Order details it does the opposite. If someone has been in a cabin for 7 or or 10 days for several years, I read it that someone who is willing to stay more days or the entire event can take that cabin.

Perhaps I have totally misunderstood.
It is confusing, mainly because when the rule was determined, the fest was not 2 weeks long. Tom, like most of us here, understands that not everyone can come for 2 weeks. A loyal, returning member who is willing to spend their week vacation at the feat should not be in fear of getting bumped by some new attendee just because the new attendee can stay a little longer.

Return to “CARVERFEST 2018”