Carverfest Cabin Reservation "Hierarchy" Updates

12th Annual CARVERFEST 2018 September 5th - 19th
stevek
TFM-6cb

Re: Carverfest Cabin Reservation "Hierarchy" Updates

Post by stevek » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:39 pm

trav0810 wrote: How was Mark treated?
Like $hit
Vinnie Rossi LIO Integrated Amp (12/15), Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S (10/16), 2 GR Research - Dual 12" OB H-Frame Subs(diy), MicroRendu (7/16)
Sony CDP-CE505. Workshop: Carver M500t(9/14), Carver M500t(8/12), 2 Carverfest Speakers(diy), CF Preamp, Benchmark DAC (10/10)

Martin1970
TFM-35

Post by Martin1970 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:42 pm

stick in the mud 1.jpg
You? Never!
Last edited by Martin1970 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UncleMeat
M-400t CUBE

Post by UncleMeat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:47 pm

Wow. I guess many of those who I thought were friends maybe aren't. I said I would be coming out to CF REGARDLESS IF ANDREW AND I GET KICKED OUT of a reservation that was in the process of being made BEFORE THE AMP BUILD. I went to CF in 2016 for two weeks to retrieve the Marshall 9200 but I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT. I could have just paid for shipping.

Martin1970
TFM-35

Post by Martin1970 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:53 pm

UncleMeat wrote:Wow. I guess many of those who I thought were friends maybe aren't. I said I would be coming out to CF REGARDLESS IF ANDREW AND I GET KICKED OUT of a reservation that was in the process of being made BEFORE THE AMP BUILD. I went to CF in 2016 for two weeks to retrieve the Marshall 9200 but I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT. I could have just paid for shipping.
You're so intense when it comes to tube amps, I didn't realize that you enjoyed hanging with us, too. I loved chatting with you and your wife. Glad to hear you want to come back for the rest of it also!

sea
TFM-25

Post by sea » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:58 pm

I am begging all to just give it a rest. It appears to me that James and others are addressing the concerns that have been raised. The slope that we are on is a slippery one that has the potential to do irreparable damage to the CarverFest family.

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:02 pm

Ed is right,, this horse has been beat enough,,, time to let this go!

Martin1970
TFM-35

Post by Martin1970 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:04 pm

sea wrote:I am begging all to just give it a rest. It appears to me that James and others are addressing the concerns that have been raised. The slope that we are on is a slippery one that has the potential to do irreparable damage to the CarverFest family.
stick in mud.jpg
stick in mud.jpg (11.86 KiB) Viewed 325 times
Damn grownups ...

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:46 pm

Gentlemen, thanks for all of your feedback and suggestions. Plans are in place to make things a little easier for all involved. Plans that do not show favoritism, disctatorship or otherwise.....just what's good for the event as a whole.

Minor tweaks of the original "pecking order", if you will. For the good of ALL, regardless of how big or small Carverfest morphs in the coming years.

Stay tuned for the latest developments...

With that said, the Spirit of Carverfest is one of the greatest things about Carverfest itself. What the spirit of Carverfest does NOT include is dissension, arguing and pointing fingers. Let's please all stop with the pointing of fingers or the blame game. Decisions were made, a backlash occured and some folks got in a, shall I say, precarious position. What was intended to be a positive outcome came to something other than that. With that said, there are no perfect men, only perfect intentions.

The intentions backfired a tad. So, with all of the recent feedback, we have come up with a collective solution that should please all parties involved with minimal "tweaking" of what has been organized in the past decade when it concerns Carverfest. This solution will be posted shortly.

In the meantime, I beg of all of you to get back into "The Spirit of Carverfest" and stop blaming and pointing fingers at folks who's "intentions" were headed in the right direction. I love everybody that has attended and wish to meet more members moving forward without all of the wasted oxygen and aggravation moving forward. In the end, we are all friends with different opinions and you know what they say about folks with opinions.....they are like....

I'll leave it at that. Let's everybody chill as there is a collective answer coming soon. At that point, all of this bickering and heated discussion will mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

trav0810
TFM-35

Post by trav0810 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:04 pm

Thanks, Tom!

Martin1970
TFM-35

Re:

Post by Martin1970 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:08 pm

treitz3 wrote: So, with all of the recent feedback, we have come up with a collective solution that should please all parties involved
Tom
OK Tom, so who is this magical "WE" You and Ray and who else? Mark? James? Chris at Watershed?
I mean, as long as WE are making decisions for EVERYBODY,
It would be nice to know who "WE" are (is?).
Transparency eliminates suspicion.
Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

By the way, I like how things are shaping up so far...
We have James back ...
It'd be nice to see Roy and Mark step back up as well.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:09 pm

OK guys, here is a quick run-down of what is happening.
I've talked to everyone involved and have a good grasp on the situation, and issues of what Mark and Ray were trying to accomplish. I'm going to post a short and sweet list of what's happening, how and why. Later I will go back and make an official revision to the Cabin Reservation Hierarchy. It's going to take some time to type it all nice and neat for everyone, and to spell out how and why each decision was reached. For now, I want to make a quick post, so everyone can calm down, and will know what's happening, and how it's being handled. Know that VERY LITTLE is actually changing. Only slight modifications to the ORIGINAL rules are being made to help make accommodations for the influx of members due to the amp build this year.

Final Reservations
All actual reservations with Watershed will be based solely on the Cabin Reservations listings on this forum. There will be no circumventing the forums list. Watershed has access to the active copy of the list as it's being modified and updated. No final reservations will be locked in until they are verified with the forums final list.

Rental Hierarchy
1) If you rented a cabin last year, you AUTOMATICALLY have 1st dibbs on that same cabin the next year. (this rule has not changed)
2) If you qualify for the above, AND you will be renting the cabin for 10 days or more, you can LOCK IN your reservation. HOWEVER... If you are only able to rent the cabin for 9-days or less this time, then you are putting yourself at risk of losing your dibbs to someone willing to rent it for 10-days or more !!! (slightly revised)
3) ALL OTHER RESERVATIONS will be based on LENGTH OF STAY, as will their dibbs status. Someone staying 7 days will be able to call dibbs over someone only staying 5 days. (this rule has not changed)
4) Members that are staying 10-14 days... You are welcome to choose ANY of the 14 days to scheduled your vacation.
5) Members who are staying 9-days or less, you will be expected to either Start your vacation on the 1st of the 14 days, OR to end your vacation on the last of the 14 days.
(This is a Watershed request. If we are unable to fill the remaining days with a CF member, they prefer to have a larger block of consecutive days to put back on the market)

I have also verified with Watershed that the Discount schedule IS still the same.

If you rent 3 nights, (the cheapest night) is free
If you rent 7 nights, (the 2 cheapest nights) are free.
If you rent 10 nights, (3 of the cheaper nights) are free.
Any nights after the initial 10 nights are billed at 1/2 price !

A new Pricing Calendar will be coming soon, so we can calculate each cabin rental based on these discounts.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

"We" is all of us....

Post by treitz3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:14 pm

[EDIT:] The results of the collective good have been posted above. The main goal is to have as many folks come as possible and enjoy the event. With this, our goal should be attainable.

We are working on that. As to "who"? That should not matter.

Obviously I am involved but I am trying to steer clear of the pointing of fingers. There is a MULTITUDE of things going on right now and since I got involved, things have progressed torward to a positive outcome. It's looking like things will get even better! Nobody will be forgotten. Not you, not Mark, not anyone. I would just like the crowd to stop it with the pitchfork and lynching mindset where everyone feels like they have someone to blame and that the end result is that we lose members that had the best of intentions.....all because they chose to make a decision.

Respectfully,

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

itchitch

Post by itchitch » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:18 pm

I believe I have read through all relevant posts but may have missed something.
Will I be notified (here or somewhere) when I have been "CLEARED" for my intended stay and cabin?

Flights, rental cars and family commitments all do take some coordination.

Thanks!

Itch

Martin1970
TFM-35

Post by Martin1970 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:21 pm

OK, prior to this we tenatively agreed to freeze in place the current people who reserved last year. Is that still in effect? In other words, will this apply to 2019 rather than 2018? (Asking for a friend.)

Martin1970
TFM-35

Re: "We" is all of us....

Post by Martin1970 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:28 pm

treitz3 wrote:[EDIT:] The results of the collective good have been posted above. The main goal is to have as many folks come as possible and enjoy the event. With this, our goal should be attainable.

We are working on that. As to "who"? That should not matter.

Obviously I am involved but I am trying to steer clear of the pointing of fingers. There is a MULTITUDE of things going on right now and since I got involved, things have progressed torward to a positive outcome. It's looking like things will get even better! Nobody will be forgotten. Not you, not Mark, not anyone. I would just like the crowd to stop it with the pitchfork and lynching mindset where everyone feels like they have someone to blame and that the end result is that we lose members that had the best of intentions.....all because they chose to make a decision.

Respectfully,

Tom
The results of the collective good? You're talking like THE GRAND MASTER there, Tom.
Dial it the fuck back, man. My phone is blowing up with all the people you're offending.
You gotta tame that ego, man.
I mean, you met with some guys on a mountain ten years ago. That's terrific. Thank you for your contribution. Stop lording it over everyone. Jesus!

Now get humble and get back with the program, please.

And AGAIN:
WHO ARE THE DECISION-MAKERS?
This ain't Skull and Bones, bro

Return to “CARVERFEST 2018”