Carverfest Cabin Reservation "Hierarchy" Updates

12th Annual CARVERFEST 2018 September 5th - 19th
Martin1970
TFM-35

Re: Carverfest Cabin Reservation "Hierarchy" Updates

Post by Martin1970 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:03 pm

Thanks again James, I appreciate you answering this, in spite of your obvious frustration. Good man!

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that we're not barring anyone from booking in the middle of the fest for 7 days, however, you expect them to get 'outbid.' Got it.
This would obviously would be relevant if we have no amp build, if interest wanes, or in a less desirable cabin.
And yeah, that did need clarification, as annoying as it is. I'm not trying to bust balls here.

We'll have to agree to disagree on whether last half/first half sucks. Neither of us has ever had to do a half Carverfest like that so, who knows I guess.

Russ, let's hope everything goes perfectly and the amp build happens or that everyone who wants to go, like you, is 'in' regardless. We've seen plenty of cancellations over the years.

As far as scraps and charity, I have been 'put up' for free at Carverfest and in turn have financed it for others in need. In fact, iirc, I turned you on to a pretty spectacular deal one year. That's the spirit of this thing. Read my earlier post about eventually getting into a good cabin. We'll get the folks in that want to come. At least, we always have...

trav0810
el douché
el douché

Post by trav0810 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:04 pm

Toy Maker wrote:
Martin1970 wrote: I'm still not clear on what the incentive is on the split week thing.
There really IS NO "split week thing" That was the idea Ray and Mark were working on, and Chris said it didn't need to be a 7-day thing at all. Just to try to shift the stay to either end of the event
That's what doesn't make sense from an economic point of view. If Billy Bob rents the cabin for the first 4 days and Joe Bob rents the cabin for the last 4...what are the chances that anyone is going to rent it for the middle days. Whereas if someone rents it from that first Monday til that last Sunday, watershed can still try to fill it before and after. (Which would be much easier than filling it for a M-F in the middle.
Last edited by trav0810 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexSauter
Site Admin

Post by AlexSauter » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:04 pm

UncleMeat wrote: I think incentive was to help with total attendance which is going to peak this year. Also I think several people may have over-booked with the 14 day 'dibbs' trumping any other reservation duration (aside from prior attendance at the same cabin w/full run asked for).

The cabins are 3/4 reserved now (only offsite cabins are totally open) and it's still 8+ months away. There are a lot of people on -that other list- who say they will be attending CF who don't have a place to stay planned yet.
Something I think needs to be added, and this would be from each "head of cabin", is whether they have room in their cabins for short timers, albeit a futon, a couch or just floor space for an air mattress. Just because the cabins are full doesn't mean there isn't room, but that choice is up to each cabin directly based on if they can fit / want to fit more people into an already full cabin.

The only one I can speak for is cabin 12, James has roped me in, so if he attends, I attend, but there will be us (the 5 Sauters), 3 dogs and Roy if he chooses to come. That accounts for each room, couch and futon...
My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Carver Pro PT-1800
Logitech Squeezebox
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone

UncleMeat
TFM-25

Post by UncleMeat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:06 pm

treitz3 wrote:Hello and good evening to you Uncle Meat. Who is on the "other list", when are they planning on staying and how may we accommodate them?
Hi Tom-

I was trying to refer to (without starting more talk about it) the list of folks who said they would be attending on the CF tube amp build thread. So far as I know that 'unofficial' list is still open, since no official count has been taken. Now before any more argument starts about who 'deserves' an amp based on blah blah continues; let's just say from the start that 'nobody deserves' an amp until they've been offered one by Bob via RobertR, and that has yet to be decided (myself included in that statement).

-Russ

We met in 2016, I helped you and Jerry pack up the ALS that Bob sold to him, remember?

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:12 pm

Lucille is in Cabin3

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:13 pm

Magnaryder wrote:Lucille is in Cabin3

ray
That’s what I thought 8)

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:14 pm

trav0810 wrote: That's what doesn't make sense from an economic point of view. If Billy Bob rents the cabin for the first 4 days and Joe Bob rents the cabin for the last 4...what are the chances that anyone is going to rent it for the middle days. Whereas if someone rents it from that first Monday til that last Sunday, watershed can still try to fill it before and after. (Which would be much easier than filling it for a M-F in the middle.
Travis... This is a silly argument. There isn't a single cabin that the above applies to.

UncleMeat
TFM-25

Post by UncleMeat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:21 pm

Martin1970 wrote:Russ, let's hope everything goes perfectly and the amp build happens or that everyone who wants to go, like you, is 'in' regardless. We've seen plenty of cancellations over the years.

As far as scraps and charity, I have been 'put up' for free at Carverfest and in turn have financed it for others in need. In fact, iirc, I turned you on to a pretty spectacular deal one year. That's the spirit of this thing. Read my earlier post about eventually getting into a good cabin. We'll get the folks in that want to come. At least, we always have...
I didn't mean it that way, Martin. There are PLENTY of people who would give the shirt off their back at CF to someone in need. I understand that and as I've said before "you are all a fine bunch of folks". And, as you or others have said in the past, people have asked unscheduled visitors to stay; or shared un-used rooms in cabins that have extra rooms. It was just a general comment about how it's up to those who have full bookings to decide if they wish to share some of their booking time. I'm sorry I should have worded it much differently, I didn't mean to offend or make anyone feel like they have not done such things in the past.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:49 pm

Martin1970 wrote:Thanks again James, I appreciate you answering this, in spite of your obvious frustration. Good man!

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that we're not barring anyone from booking in the middle of the fest for 7 days, however, you expect them to get 'outbid.' Got it.
This would obviously would be relevant if we have no amp build, if interest wanes, or in a less desirable cabin.
And yeah, that did need clarification, as annoying as it is. I'm not trying to bust balls here.

We'll have to agree to disagree on whether last half/first half sucks. Neither of us has ever had to do a half Carverfest like that so, who knows I guess.

Russ, let's hope everything goes perfectly and the amp build happens or that everyone who wants to go, like you, is 'in' regardless. We've seen plenty of cancellations over the years.

I'm not frustrated at all. For those of you that really know me, know this kind of shit amuses the hell out of me.

Think about it... IF we were to force ppl to choose the 1st 7 days, or last 7 days. Both groups would be able to spend time hanging with ALL the full-timers as well as Bob.
If someone "cock-blocks" a cabin for the middle 7 days, there is a chance anyone "stuck" with Sep 5-7 may not even see Bob. We all know Bob comes in a few days late most of the time, AND sometimes he leaves a few days early too... so anyone "stuck" with Sep 17-19 ALSO may not see Bob.

"Personally" I think anyone taking a cabin less than 14 days should have to be shoved to one end or the other, but Chris said he was fine with 10-days or more being able to choose the days they come and go, and 9-days or less trying to shift one way or the other, leaving a big enough block of days for another member to come, or if non of us take it, then they would have a "block" of days to put on the market.

Again, all these ideas, have never been an issue before. Everyone has always been able to fit in somewhere for 11 years. This is a big ass game of Tetris people.

I'm not sure where everyone has gotten the idea that we are the ONLY people that want to come there these 2 weeks ?!?! I can assure you we are not. Every year I have gone, there have ALWAYS been people renting cabins that were not part of our group. Granted, it may be one of the slowest times for the cabins, but that doesn't mean the cabins are "empty" by any means. I have seen 3 different groups come and go, who rented WS-11 one year that none of us did on the 2 week period. So don't any of you go thinking that Watershed would go bankrupt if we didn't show up. They also don't have to give us the discounts that they do!!! No one here is entitled to shit. "We as a group" have always had a very nice amicable agreement with Watershed. They have continued to give us great discounts and we agree to try to keep the cabins AS booked and organized as possible in return.

AlexSauter
Site Admin

Post by AlexSauter » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:51 pm

UncleMeat wrote:
treitz3 wrote:Hello and good evening to you Uncle Meat. Who is on the "other list", when are they planning on staying and how may we accommodate them?
Hi Tom-

I was trying to refer to (without starting more talk about it) the list of folks who said they would be attending on the CF tube amp build thread. So far as I know that 'unofficial' list is still open, since no official count has been taken. Now before any more argument starts about who 'deserves' an amp based on blah blah continues; let's just say from the start that 'nobody deserves' an amp until they've been offered one by Bob via RobertR, and that has yet to be decided (myself included in that statement).

-Russ

We met in 2016, I helped you and Jerry pack up the ALS that Bob sold to him, remember?
There are only 5 cases of people who are interested in the Amps who are not accounted for that are / are not attending CarverFest.
I do not see the same issue you do, its just Travis that wants to be there, but have not picked a place to stay.
There is plenty of space, even though they may not be primary choices for you two, there still are MANY options.
these are the people attending the amp project along with having/not having a place to stay:

Accounted for
-------------------------------------------------
hewlew1 - WS10
frenchguy - WS6
radioeng2 - WS10
Magnaryder - WS3
Shortcake - WS10
Morris - WS5
Toy Maker - WS12
sea - WS8
BrianT WS6
kingman - Lofts
MRHP - Lofts
Don - Lofts
mbskeam WS3
engtaz - WS12
Zoot Horn - WS1
Robert R - WS2
dennismiller55 - WS5
BobSmi57 - TH-B
loner_t - WS5
Martin1970 - WS9
UncleMeat FV-1

Not Accounted for - Also cross referenced with new & old Reservations threads
trav0810 (Not Placed in Cabins)
peck555 (No Confirmation if he can come)
jldeni (No Confirmation if he can come)
iamjohngalt (I am unsure, no name to User ID correlation)

Non-Attendees Interested in Amps
packratt
pmat
jjptkd
angelod307
Dennis47
wrf
B-Man
tonebells

(Stereo System)
Carver Pro PT-1800
Logitech Squeezebox

UncleMeat
TFM-25

Post by UncleMeat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:06 pm

I reserved FV-1 with AndrewJohn a couple of weeks ago Alex.

-Russ (UncleMeat)

AlexSauter
Site Admin

Post by AlexSauter » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:08 pm

UncleMeat wrote:I reserved FV-1 with AndrewJohn a couple of weeks ago Alex.

-Russ (UncleMeat)

Yup, I missed it, sorry, fixed it.

(Stereo System)
Carver Pro PT-1800
Logitech Squeezebox

mbskeam
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by mbskeam » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:33 pm

Non-Attendees Interested in Amps
packratt
pmat
jjptkd
angelod307
Dennis47
wrf
B-Man
tonebells
HEY you in the red, get your bathrobe wearing ass here.... :D

What happens at Carverfest, Stays at Carverfest
Mbskeam

SILVER 7's
Amazing Line Source
2 SVS PB16 SUBS
#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
WTL Amadeus GTA+DV DRT XV-1t
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"

UncleMeat
TFM-25

Post by UncleMeat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:35 pm

I have the following in addition who don't appear on the reservation list:

Peck555
DCL - Might stay at WS-5?
HappyTrails
ChiroAcademy - Interested in Att.
PinDrop - Interested in Att.

So that's 9-10 that have not announced 'plans' yet. I agree there's still room, without anyone needing to make room; but we're still 8+ months away.

AlexSauter
Site Admin

Post by AlexSauter » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:45 pm

UncleMeat wrote:I have the following in addition who don't appear on the reservation list:

Peck555
DCL - Might stay at WS-5?
HappyTrails
ChiroAcademy - Interested in Att.
PinDrop - Interested in Att.

So that's 9-10 that have not announced 'plans' yet. I agree there's still room, without anyone needing to make room; but we're still 8+ months away.
Please keep in mind, I am not registered on the CarverSite, I am not here enough as it is... I don't know who many of those people are, but I have added them to the list.
Going back and compiling amplifier quantities in the other thread, I saw i missed the post about the other forum. If you could, please ask them to register over here and post when/where/how long they would like to come for. I PERSONALLY will keep an eye out for new registrations, and approve them as I see them. As of right now, we cannot just open the registrations, due to Russian hackers, but I will keep an eye out.

FIXED LIST:
Amplifier build cross reference to cabins

Accounted for
hewlew1 - WS10
frenchguy - WS6
radioeng2 - WS10
Magnaryder - WS3
Shortcake - WS10
Morris - WS5
Toy Maker - WS12
sea - WS8
BrianT WS6
kingman - Lofts
MRHP - Lofts
Don - Lofts
mbskeam WS3
engtaz - WS12
Zoot Horn - WS1
Robert R - WS2
dennismiller55 - WS5
BobSmi57 - TH-B
loner_t - WS5
Martin1970 - WS9
UncleMeat FV-1
AndrewJohn FV-1
DCL - WS5
Happy Trails - WS5

Not Accounted for - Also cross referenced with new & old Reservations threads
trav0810 (Not Placed in Cabins)
peck555 (No Confirmation if he can come)
jldeni (No Confirmation if he can come)
iamjohngalt (I am unsure, no name to User ID correlation)
Ar9Jim - (Carversite member)
Dnspy007 - (Carversite member)
BarryG - (Carversite member)
ChiroAcademy - (Carversite member)
PinDrop - (Carversite member)

(Stereo System)
Carver Pro PT-1800
Logitech Squeezebox

Return to “CARVERFEST 2018”