FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:24 pm

New Bob Amps???

<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:24 am

New Bob Amps???

Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:40 am

Re: New Bob Amps???

What is this shit? Notice the disclaimer about the items pictured. That second one looks photoshopped to me (the angle on the top printing just isn't right).
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:50 am

No chance Bob would be doing this without showing a demo at CF... Looks like somebody is using him yet again.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Bob has nothing to do with these.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:08 pm

treitz3 wrote:Bob has nothing to do with these.

Does he even know these exist? I called and left a message already.

***edit*** He was made aware of them only a week or so ago. They appear to be the product of a company out of China. This company is one that Bob had some involvement with circuitboards at Caver near the end and at Sunfire. They are NOT authorized to use his name and he has no knowlege of their design. (he did say they look nice :lol: ) He will be taking the needed steps to have his name removed from them.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:43 pm

nooshinjohn wrote:He will be taking the needed steps to have his name removed from them.
You knew that was coming.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:58 pm

treitz3 wrote:
nooshinjohn wrote:He will be taking the needed steps to have his name removed from them.
You knew that was coming.

X2
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:01 pm

I called to find out some info in these....
They only have the microamp in stock, the other 2 are expected some time in January.
They would not tell me who is producing them, but said, (he thinks they are being made in WA. close to the old Carver plant)
Very doubtful if you ask me. [-X

Should be interesting to see what Bob does with this, since he's toying around with bringing the CARVER name back.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Toy Maker wrote: (he thinks they are being made in WA. close to the old Carver plant)
That actually made me laugh. Doubtful.....yeah, that's an understatement.

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:13 pm

so who is gonna pony up and buy one to see what it is all about.....the 90x2 model.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I called to find out some info in these....
They only have the microamp in stock, the other 2 are expected some time in January.
They would not tell me who is producing them, but said, (he thinks they are being made in WA. close to the old Carver plant)
Very doubtful if you ask me. [-X

Should be interesting to see what Bob does with this, since he's toying around with bringing the CARVER name back.

Even back in the day, nothing with the carver name could be had for a hundred bucks... The Microamp looks like more of a joke if you ask me, and certainly nothing that would have his name on it. The future for Bob is all tubes and nothing but tubes.
<<

kingman

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:00 pm

angelod307 wrote:so who is gonna pony up and buy one to see what it is all about.....the 90x2 model.

Yea...that one looks pretty neat. The price.... :-" :-" :-"
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:15 pm

No shit... who's going to dump $1300 on a 90x2 amp ??? WTF ?
You can get (2) Sunfire 300x2's for that !!

Dumbasses
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Powerful • Accurate • Transcendent ???
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

oldtexasdog

Post Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Wow what a RIP :-&
There are two holes in Daddy's head where all the money goes.

Return to !! New Products !!