**SOLVED ORDER NOW** Carver Platinum / Silver 12" Surround

If you know where to find it, let us know.
Post Reply

HOW MANY SURROUNDS WILL YOU BE BUYING @ $15 EA. ??

6
2
15%
8
7
54%
12
2
15%
16
2
15%
24
0
No votes
30
0
No votes
over 30 PM me too
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
Toy Maker
Puppet Master
Posts: 6867
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 am

**SOLVED ORDER NOW** Carver Platinum / Silver 12" Surround

Post by Toy Maker » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:03 am

Ok... this has been dragging on for a while....
You guys get enough people to commit to a group order of around 250 surrounds, and I WILL MAKE THEM.
I know Tom in PA wants about 50 of them...

The setup is just time and labor for me, which will be made up in the sales of the surrounds.
I am guessing $4-5 each ?!?
So start posting pre-order numbers, and if we get enough requests
I will go ahead and make the die myself for them, and start production.

User avatar
thuffman03
!! CarverFest Evictee !!
Posts: 2701
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:07 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Carver Platinum 12" Surround Kits

Post by thuffman03 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:05 am

All I know is that Eddie and Tom were going to get this done and I have not heard or seen anything as of late.

WTF guys? 8-[
Some cool Carver stuff!

User avatar
Toy Maker
Puppet Master
Posts: 6867
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 am

Re: Carver Platinum 12" Surround Kits

Post by Toy Maker » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:34 am

They have tried... and not gotten anyhere without putting up a few G's 1st

User avatar
F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 4496
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:31 am
Location: The Mars Hotel

Re: Carver Platinum 12" Surround Kits

Post by F1nut » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:37 am

thuffman03 wrote:All I know is that Eddie and Tom were going to get this done and I have not heard or seen anything as of late.

WTF guys? 8-[
Yeah, a little birdie told me that isn't going to pan out.

On the other hand, I'm sure James can get r done.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.



Make America Great Again

megasat16
TFM-25
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:13 pm

Re: Carver Platinum 12" Surround Kits

Post by megasat16 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:14 am

Put me down for 20!

User avatar
Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2608
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: Carver Platinum 12" Surround Kits

Post by Scarabeo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:42 am

megasat16 wrote:Put me down for 20!
I would easly take 20 or 24 in a heart beat!!!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

User avatar
Toy Maker
Puppet Master
Posts: 6867
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 am

Re: Carver Platinum 12" Surround Kits

Post by Toy Maker » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:54 am

Ok, so we're close to 100 already.... who else ??

User avatar
Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 3112
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:00 am
Location: Bucyrus, Ohio

Re: Carver Platinum 12" Surround Kits

Post by Magnaryder » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Ok, so we're close to 100 already.... who else ??
I'll Take 10

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

megasat16
TFM-25
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:13 pm

Re: Carver Platinum 12" Surround Kits

Post by megasat16 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:05 pm

James (TM),

What is the Plan for these Surround Kits. We need them, Dude! Are you going to do it for us or just some false promise as usual? :^o :^o :^o :-" :-" :-" :-k :-k :-k

User avatar
Toy Maker
Puppet Master
Posts: 6867
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 am

Re: Carver Platinum 12" Surround Kits

Post by Toy Maker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:44 pm

megasat16 wrote:James (TM),

What is the Plan for these Surround Kits. We need them, Dude! Are you going to do it for us or just some false promise as usual? :^o :^o :^o :-" :-" :-" :-k :-k :-k
I have not "promised" anything here... As stated in the 1st post, I would like to see in the neighborhood of 300 pre-wants before I spend the time and money on making them from scratch.

I spoke to Bob about these drivers, and surround last night for a little while.. He said to stop looking of the original comapny, "It's out of business" and the drivers were OEM for Carver... If there are any others floating around, they are probably NOS. I asked him about foam vs. Butyl rubber for the new surrounds, and he agreed that Butyl surrounds is the way to go for new ones.
I also spoke to RobertR the other night on the phone via China. He said he has had no luck what so ever on tracking down anything close to the original surrounds. Robert said if need be, he will order the rest of the surrounds himself to make up the full order... I don't like having to dump that kind of financial burden on 1 guy, to cover the cost of that many surrounds, but if we don't get more commitments to orders, then it may be the only way to get it done.

Put in your surround quantity requests NOW. The sooner we get the number up, the sooner I will start on the project.

megasat16
TFM-25
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:13 pm

Re: Carver Platinum 12" Surround Kits

Post by megasat16 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:01 pm

Toy Maker wrote:
megasat16 wrote:James (TM),

What is the Plan for these Surround Kits. We need them, Dude! Are you going to do it for us or just some false promise as usual? :^o :^o :^o :-" :-" :-" :-k :-k :-k
I have not "promised" anything here... As stated in the 1st post, I would like to see in the neighborhood of 300 pre-wants before I spend the time and money on making them from scratch.

I spoke to Bob about these drivers, and surround last night for a little while.. He said to stop looking of the original comapny, "It's out of business" and the drivers were OEM for Carver... If there are any others floating around, they are probably NOS. I asked him about foam vs. Butyl rubber for the new surrounds, and he agreed that Butyl surrounds is the way to go for new ones.
I also spoke to RobertR the other night on the phone via China. He said he has had no luck what so ever on tracking down anything close to the original surrounds. Robert said if need be, he will order the rest of the surrounds himself to make up the full order... I don't like having to dump that kind of financial burden on 1 guy, to cover the cost of that many surrounds, but if we don't get more commitments to orders, then it may be the only way to get it done.

Put in your surround quantity requests NOW. The sooner we get the number up, the sooner I will start on the project.
I know you'll post an update when your ass is put on FIRE! What do you need? More orders or the original surround dimensions? I have some Original Woofers in the Plat so I can remove them and measure the thickness and dimension if you want. I'll pass the words around to get more orders in. What's the minimum order to make it break even?

Butyl Rubber Surround sounds very good. It'll be nice and tight for a lot of friction in the Plats. You said we old fuckers can't do anything on our own. Let me see you young cracker nut is any better. Do it, Man! Get it DONE! We'll back up your FAT ASS! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit : I've posted about this on the other carver Forum. I doubt you can see it though. :D

http://www.thecarversite.com/yetanother ... #post24349

User avatar
Toy Maker
Puppet Master
Posts: 6867
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 am

Re: Carver Platinum 12" Surround Kits

Post by Toy Maker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:34 pm

I just hadn't gotten around to posting about it yet today... been a little busy, I had to invintory the 1000lbs of speaker profiles that showed up today. \:D/
Keep in mind, the surrounds will be on the list, but not at the very top of it.

User avatar
Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2608
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: Carver Platinum 12" Surround Kits

Post by Scarabeo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Toy Maker wrote:
megasat16 wrote:James (TM),
Robert said if need be, he will order the rest of the surrounds himself to make up the full order... I don't like having to dump that kind of financial burden on 1 guy, to cover the cost of that many surrounds, but if we don't get more commitments to orders, then it may be the only way to get it done.

Put in your surround quantity requests NOW. The sooner we get the number up, the sooner I will start on the project.
First - THANKS for taking this on and giving us hope! 2nd I will stand with Robert and help pick up the needed slack so 1 guy dont half too, THANK YOU Robert =D> but I will also help and hell its no loss to us cause we could use them and sell to others any extra both now and down the road! WIN WIN \:D/
@ $5 each then 160 will cost $800 or 100 surrounds will cost $500 / 50 will cost $250 / 20 will cost $100
I want no less then 24 for my self.
Any one else in?
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

User avatar
beemers417
!! CarverFest Evictee !!
Posts: 1381
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:05 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Re: Carver Platinum 12" Surround Kits

Post by beemers417 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:29 pm

I will go for 100 minimum.
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...

megasat16
TFM-25
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:13 pm

Re: Carver Platinum 12" Surround Kits

Post by megasat16 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Toy Maker wrote: Keep in mind, the surrounds will be on the list, but not at the very top of it.
Dude, If it's not on the top of the LIST, make it so to become at the Top of the God Darn List. We have about 200 commitments now? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What u doing with these 1000LBs of speaker profiles? Are you hiding something from us? 8-[

Thanks Beemers417! We owe you one (may be 100 surround kits). :D We have many Carverties helping to make it happen!
beemers417 wrote:I will go for 100 minimum.

Post Reply

Return to “Hard To Find Parts, Pieces, Items”