FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:20 pm

**SOLVED ORDER NOW** Carver Platinum / Silver 12" Surround

HOW MANY SURROUNDS WILL YOU BE BUYING @ $15 EA. ??

15%
54%
15%
15%
No votes
No votes
over 30 PM me too
No votes

Total votes : 13
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: Carver Platinum 12" Surround Kits

tfm35 wrote:So what does this means Scarabeo ?
If you've found the correct replacement surround for these woofers....let us know and soon.
Thnx.

No - no new surrounds, Just showing with my new Woofer's from Ada so I can wait a little longer for the replacement one's being made! You could blow on my old surrounds and they would crumble to dust though and I do like the Original one's over my new one's...
I am watching this thread closely and keeping my fingers crossed!!!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

tfm35

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:57 pm

Scarabeo wrote..."""I do like the Original one's over my new one's..."""

Why do you like the original one better?
What different do you see with the replacement woofers from Ada?
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:48 am

tfm35 wrote:Scarabeo wrote..."""I do like the Original one's over my new one's..."""

Why do you like the original one better?
What different do you see with the replacement woofers from Ada?

Well - The one's I just got are a bit cheaper over all then the original's even though they look cleaner I only would say they are OK even though I had some issues with some of the first batch of woofers Ada was quick to replace them! She is good to work with and a life saver should you just have a blown driver however once I get new surrounds that are being made I am selling all my new 8 woofers and sticking with the Originals...
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

Planerguy

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:32 am

So - Ada at Orevox has replacement woofers now at $49.95 plus shipping, but they are just so-so? If you have access to a "woofer tester", I'd like to know how they spec. out. Fs, Qts. re, etc.
You can never trust manufacturers specs.
i kinda, sorta, remember the specs for the Plat woofers. and freaky they were!
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:29 am

Planerguy wrote:So - Ada at Orevox has replacement woofers now at $49.95 plus shipping, but they are just so-so? If you have access to a "woofer tester", I'd like to know how they spec. out. Fs, Qts. re, etc.
You can never trust manufacturers specs.
i kinda, sorta, remember the specs for the Plat woofers. and freaky they were!

Not sure if any are left and you must tweet to get the $49.95 price! I am happy enough with them and there sound - I just can not say they are as the Originals were and the Originals were a bit cheap to get what Bob wanted out of them,,,So maybe the new one's are fine I just prefer the Originals for there build quality being they have lasted me since the late 80's other then the foam surrounds. I would be shock to see these still going strong even with a new foam job from time to time. Maybe just me as the woofers are fine and sound good. After replacing a few drivers I still ended up with one that works but makes a rattle sound and I need to tap the Magnet area to fix it??? Voice coil maybe??? I never bothered replacing it as I just did with some others!!! I am kinda ,,,,, OK I have a bad taste on my mouth now over this - That's all. BUT the options are slim pickens...

On the other hand Ada is good to work with and I like the way I have been treated from her this far!!! I do not like saying anything bad just from her great help.
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:23 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Someone else is making them for me, I will let you know when he has them done.

I was wondering if there is any word on these.

I'm going to sell my Plat Mark IVs and this of course will effect the price I can get.

Thank ya

Thank ya very much
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

armophob

Newbie 50+

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:16 pm

Been awful quiet here on this thread. Any news?
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:06 am

armophob wrote:I mean I really need them. :lol:

That post was 5-6 months ago! This project does not look so promising - I am no longer holding my breath ](*,) I wish you luck and hope someday,,,,,,,,,,,
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:08 am

armophob wrote:Been awful quiet here on this thread. Any news?

:-" :-" :-"
<<

tfm35

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:20 pm

Right, Toymaker and all members on here.....
I do not want to step on anyone's foot....but like all members on here has been awaiting just too long for these woofers surround.
I am flying over to Hong Kong for business in Feb. and will have this surround made there in Butyl rubber.
I shall bring my 12" woofer along to get proper fittings and measurements, just hope TSA would not kick up a fuss.
If they confiscate my woofer....i'll be piss.
So fellows, hang tie, another month or so hopefully.
<<

armophob

Newbie 50+

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:25 pm

tfm35 wrote:Right, Toymaker and all members on here.....
I do not want to step on anyone's foot....but like all members on here has been awaiting just too long for these woofers surround.
I am flying over to Hong Kong for business in Feb. and will have this surround made there in Butyl rubber.
I shall bring my 12" woofer along to get proper fittings and measurements, just hope TSA would not kick up a fuss.

If you can get a manufacturer the specs. Maybe they can get them up on ebay to save you thee transport or out of pocket costs.
<<

armophob

Newbie 50+

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:26 pm

tfm35 wrote:Right, Toymaker and all members on here.....

If you can get a manufacturer the specs. Maybe they can get them up on ebay to save you the transport or out of pocket costs.
<<

tfm35

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:54 pm

I know you mean well for me here but i do not understand, can you explain a bit better?
First all, if anyone can get its manufacturer's infos, specs, name or the where about was this woofer made....
I think people will not have this problem of replacing the surround till now.
Thats why i think i will need to bring my actual original woofer along with me to get it fitted.
I had asked Orevox's ...but the lady there also does not know where their woofers manufacturers located at....not sure why?
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:41 pm

The woofers are/were made in China.

Orevox use to list all the specs on their site.....no longer.
Last edited by F1nut on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Big place
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Return to Hard To Find Parts, Pieces, Items