CRS-3C

If you know where to find it, let us know.
Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

CRS-3C

Post by Scarabeo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:41 pm

Should someone come across a CRS-3C center channel speaker at a good price - hook me up!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: CRS-3C

Post by jjptkd » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:01 pm

I already tried but I'll keep an eye out! Merry Christmas!! :lol: :lol: 8)
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

Rainman
SILVER-7t

Post by Rainman » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:19 am

I don't know what you consider a "decent price" but I think this is a decent price considering what others have them listed for. Take a look.....

Rainman

http://www.elegantaudiovideo.com/produc ... gn=1000530
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:07 pm

Rainman wrote:I don't know what you consider a "decent price" but I think this is a decent price considering what others have them listed for. Take a look.....

Rainman
Thanks for the link. That is for a single CRS-3 but I was hoping to get the center channel with the "4" woofers and a bit larger then a single CRS-3 but its something to consider and would work fine. :-k
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:28 pm

The only thing that is keeping me from buying a Sunfire center (either CRS-3c or CRM-2c) is the worry about dispersion on the horizontal axis. If you lay that puppy down, you have the width of the ribbon in which to sit in, and that's it. Ribbons don't disperse from the ends, they beam within the width (or length) of the ribbon. Probably much better to put it on its end, but that won't work for my setup. I think I'm doomed to using cones, unless I can come up with a 48" ribbon solution like Jean and her husband made. And that still only has a listening width of 4 feet.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by jjptkd » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:35 pm

The centers have a special grill cover to help project the sound from side to side. It's still directional but most speakers are to some extent. In my experiance, with surround sound you're usually limited to a fairly small sweet spot, one to two seats.
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:51 pm

BillD wrote:The only thing that is keeping me from buying a Sunfire center (either CRS-3c or CRM-2c) is the worry about dispersion on the horizontal axis. If you lay that puppy down, you have the width of the ribbon in which to sit in, and that's it. Ribbons don't disperse from the ends, they beam within the width (or length) of the ribbon. Probably much better to put it on its end, but that won't work for my setup. I think I'm doomed to using cones, unless I can come up with a 48" ribbon solution like Jean and her husband made. And that still only has a listening width of 4 feet.
I am lucky as I don't have that problem but wouldn't a single CRM-2 work for you?

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by BillD » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:31 pm

My center fits in a drawer that has a cloth front beneath the TV. It is only 7½" high.
iTunes copy.JPG
iTunes copy.JPG (212.07 KiB) Viewed 2724 times

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:23 pm

BillD wrote:The only thing that is keeping me from buying a Sunfire center (either CRS-3c or CRM-2c) is the worry about dispersion on the horizontal axis. If you lay that puppy down, you have the width of the ribbon in which to sit in, and that's it. Ribbons don't disperse from the ends, they beam within the width (or length) of the ribbon. Probably much better to put it on its end, but that won't work for my setup. I think I'm doomed to using cones, unless I can come up with a 48" ribbon solution like Jean and her husband made. And that still only has a listening width of 4 feet.

Bill,

Too bad your room is not a tad wider. Loving my dual Plat 4's as center channels. \:D/ Vertical dispersion pattern is the way to go and with 60 inch ribbons on each side of TV, the vocals couldn't be more realistic. =D> Center imaging dead on. Effortless reproduction! Not an overkill by any means. The ultimate center channel setup IMHO I have experienced and listened to so far. \:D/

WAF is actually a little better also. With the barn doors against the wall instead of 4 to 5 feet out in the room as mains, they are not near as imposing. Of course, then the Legacy Whisper XD's took their place as mains. :shock: :shock: They are no means bookshelf speakers, to say the least. :lol: :lol: A little taller than the Plat's, but not quite as wide. ](*,) ](*,) Gotta love the wives that put up with this hobby of ours.

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:49 pm

BillD wrote:My center fits in a drawer that has a cloth front beneath the TV. It is only 7½" high.
Wow, You have lots of room for a nice center! Just move that TV out of the way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by jjptkd » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Just run three centers, two on top of the tv and one below. Point the bottom one straight foward and angle the top two to each side slightly. PERFECT!!!! :D :D :D
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by BillD » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:48 pm

You people! :lol:

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:00 am

Sorry :-s I did a trade on one a while ago so scratch this thread!!!

(NEVERMIND)

Glenlivet
M-400t CUBE

Post by Glenlivet » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:45 pm

Scarabeo wrote:Sorry :-s I did a trade on one a while ago so scratch this thread!!!
Unless one turns up for moi... :D

Return to “Hard To Find Parts, Pieces, Items”