It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:15 pm

((( WHAT'S ON THE MENU )))

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: ((( WHAT'S ON THE MENU )))

But do keep this in mind........[Repost] We have set a date for the Carverfest menu to be at least 95% complete. That date is August the 10th. What we need to know is if anybody has an allergic reaction to any type of food that has been proposed, or will be proposed. We are planning on peanut oil for the chicken wings, for example. Some folks have a bad enough reaction to certain foods that they can't even be in the same room without an outbreak. We would like to know in advance if this is an issue for anybody.

If you do not want to post it here in this thread, no problem. PM Sir Magnaryder or the wonderful Maddhousemouse and let them know so that we can plan accordingly.

Also, If you have a suggestion or request of what you would like to eat while at Carverfest, post it here. On site at Hell's Kitchen [Watershed 12] we will have three grills lined up for some mass cooking. The only thing that you might not like would be the scenery looking over one of the best views that the cabins have to offer. I'm sure that you will be able to get over it. :p

Again, we would like 95% of the menu finalized by August the 10th. Thank you ladies and gentlemen!!!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:30 pm

Well I guess I will be the first to say I think am fully sure I am alergic to scallops but not any other seafood! I get to thank mom for this! I would die if I didn't get my shrimp and other seafood! Grill those shrimp baby! Hey Ray do you put scallops in your Seafood Bisque? If so can you forget to put them in this time? Ray if all possible how about some pork ribs man that make my day! Gee any good food would make my day! I will have to help you in the kitchen a little and maybe you can show me some tricks! Thanks Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:52 pm

Eddie wrote:Well I guess I will be the first to say I think am fully sure I am alergic to scallops but not any other seafood! I get to thank mom for this! I would die if I didn't get my shrimp and other seafood! Grill those shrimp baby! Hey Ray do you put scallops in your Seafood Bisque? If so can you forget to put them in this time? Ray if all possible how about some pork ribs man that make my day! Gee any good food would make my day! I will have to help you in the kitchen a little and maybe you can show me some tricks! Thanks Eddie!

Eddie, There are no scallops in the CarverFest version of my Bisque. You're not alone in the scallop allergy dept. MHM is also allergic.

WE could throw some ribs on the grill with the chicken. Hey Eddie, I heard tale your a butcher. Any truth to that rumor?

ray
Last edited by Magnaryder on Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:57 pm

removed
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:24 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
Eddie wrote:Well I guess I will be the first to say I think am fully sure I am alergic to scallops but not any other seafood! I get to thank mom for this! I would die if I didn't get my shrimp and other seafood! Grill those shrimp baby! Hey Ray do you put scallops in your Seafood Bisque? If so can you forget to put them in this time? Ray if all possible how about some pork ribs man that make my day! Gee any good food would make my day! I will have to help you in the kitchen a little and maybe you can show me some tricks! Thanks Eddie!

Eddie, There are no scallops in the CarverFest version of my Bisque. You're not alone in the scallop allergy dept. MHM is also allergic.

WE could throw some ribs on the grill with the chicken. Hey Eddie, I heard tale your a butcher. Any truth to that rumor?

ray

Ok Ray who was the one who started this rumor was it Tom! LOL! Ray you heard right or you are talking to the right people LOL! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:29 pm

The issue with this when I talked with Eddie was that it would cost more in ice and coolers to keep whatever discount and cut of meat he could get than it would be worth, since he is coming down from NJ. I apologize for not relaying this to you earlier Ray. Sam's or Costco would be a better bet for me to pick up in Charlotte and he gave me a couple of hints of what to look for, what to ask for and how to save a little dough [Thanks Eddie!].
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:30 pm

treitz3 wrote:The issue with this when I talked with Eddie was that it would cost more in ice and coolers to keep whatever discount and cut of meat he could get than it would be worth, since he is coming down from NJ. I apologize for not relaying this to you earlier Ray. Sam's or Costco would be a better bet for me to pick up in Charlotte and he gave me a couple of hints of what to look for, what to ask for and how to save a little dough [Thanks Eddie!].

Actually I was hoping to get some info on meat cutting/butchering from a pro. Anything I gleen I'll put to use in my cooking and I guarantee we'll all (CF attendees) benefit. I'm sure he knows a lot more that I do about it.

ray
Magnaryder

<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:59 pm

Ray the best advice I give to people and you would most likly agree with me is to use the right cut of meat for the right job or meal in this case! I see that we will have some things to talk about Ray! Can't wait till CF! Eddie!

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:55 pm

This Thread is officially closed for new menu ideas.

The menu is being prepared as we speak. Man, what a feast we will have! We might as well call Carverfest the "Gourmet Food fest"! Thanks to all that have put in their suggestions as it is always appreciated. You guys and gals ROCK!!!

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:29 am

Magnaryder, I need the list of things to buy ASAP! Time is running out bro'.

<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:20 pm

Tom : I sent a complete breakdown of all of the food needed except berries for the desserts. Let me know if you didn't receive it. I broke it down into 3 categories to make the purchasing a little easier. Lemme know if you need anything else.

chef Magnaryder
Magnaryder

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:28 pm

You Rock Ray!!! Thanks a bunch!

Got it Chef! Thank you very much. \:D/

Holy Moly that's a lot of food...........

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:03 pm

My poor truck! Man, I'm tellin' ya', you folks are gonna LOVE this menu and the food we got comin'. I will try to get the final menu printed up before we leave but if that doesn't happen then we will have it ready for you when you arrive at the cabins.

Be prepared to eat like a king.

Previous

Return to CARVERFEST 08'