FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:07 am

Carverfest 2008 People!!!!!

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:57 pm

Carverfest 2008 People!!!!!

I really would like to say again how nice it was to meet everyone. The highlight of my trip is when Bob Carver came to my door and I acted like a fan boy. I was actually the first person he met that night. Let me get something out first, I tend to look at how people deal with adversity and what their reactions are. Bob has had too many companies taken from him, audio critics hassling him, and magazines zinging him and he has always had the time for the everyday guy and gal. I have three children and people who are able to handle adversity with a smile are good people for my kids to know and meet. Bob is all that. I love his inventions and who he is as a person.

Now for all that did not get to go, you have my sympathy. This is a better group in person then you could believe. I took my 13 year old son on the trip and he had a great time. Rays cooking was top notch. Best I have eating in awhile. jvandyke_texas was a great roommate. It was neat watching him and Bob C. getting up to make adjustments to the audio equipment for each different style of music played. =D> I almost call jvandyke_texas, Bob jr. That was respect of the audio knowledge that he has. Everyone were super nice. Lastly, Toy Maker and treitz2, you guys did a fantastic job setting everything up and between Tom and Rays shopping list, they put the hurting on me physically. :lol:

Thanks to all for taken time to come,
Roy
engtaz
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: Carverfest 2008 People!!!!!

Who are these brave men and women?
Attachments
whitewater 013.jpg
whitewater 013.jpg (52.94 KiB) Viewed 1019 times
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:03 am

I just wanted to thank dyeraudio for the Robert Fripp cd's,, the recordings are very good and I thank you for taking the time to do that,,I think that I paid him in "Pepcid" :D ,, and to the person who made/gave the "Carverfest 08" lp looking CD.It is currently at my brothers home where he is enjoying it immensely thru his newley upgraded Polk Audio SDA 2.3 tl's,, I did get a chance to listen to it again yesterday,, what really sticks out in my mind was the drum solo, and a blues cut with a guy on harmonica,,recording was fantastic,, I swear he was in the room.Anyhow

Thank You
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:15 am

zoothorn wrote:I just wanted to thank dyeraudio for the Robert Fripp cd's,, the recordings are very good and I thank you for taking the time to do that,,I think that I paid him in "Pepcid" :D ,, and to the person who made/gave the "Carverfest 08" lp looking CD.It is currently at my brothers home where he is enjoying it immensely thru his newley upgraded Polk Audio SDA 2.3 tl's,, I did get a chance to listen to it again yesterday,, what really sticks out in my mind was the drum solo, and a blues cut with a guy on harmonica,,recording was fantastic,, I swear he was in the room.Anyhow

Thank You

That CD was made by radioeng2 (Mark).
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Return to CARVERFEST 08'