FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:26 pm

CarverAudio & TheCarverSite Reconciliation

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:41 pm

CarverAudio & TheCarverSite Reconciliation

This message is a collaboration between James Sauter of CarverAudio & John Paitel of TheCarverSite, and is being posted simultaneously on both Carver forums for all members.

Greetings Everyone, James Sauter here.

We think it's time to let both forums know what has been taking place in the background. RichP and myself, have been talking behind the scenes for the last couple days. I was sent a message that Rich was considering taking a break from management of TheCarverSite, and was interested in possibly re-merge the two forums back into one united forum. After getting in contact with Rich myself, we have both agreed to throw in the towel and wipe the slate clean.

With this last uproar on TheCarverSite, Rich has expressed a desire to step back form managing and administering the forum and possibly the website. We do not know all of the details just yet, but I am willing and happy to help.

After some serious thought, I do not see this being a bad idea at all, and would actually like to see both sides reunited. For the moment, there are a few people brainstorming ideas and trying to come up with a plan as not to alienate anyone, and at the same time, try to mend old wounds. There are quite a few LARGE obstacles that need to be planned, organized and worked out before any of this can happen.

Obviously we know this will stir up quite a few waves, and ruffle a few feathers. But in the end we are all adults, and should be able to adapt and work out our differences.
It's time to put all the old grudges aside. These forums are here for everyone's love of the hobby.

That's all for me for now...
Looking forward to the challenge. I will turn you over to John.

James Sauter

--------

Hey everyone, John here

Over the past couple weeks, there has been some fairly heavy activity, and there have been some things said and done that have resulted in the departure of some long time and very valued members.

This has led to some fairly heavy discussions "behind the curtains" as it were, among both the moderators and administrators of this site, as well as the admin staff at Carveraudio. This has led to some immediate changes, as well as the promise of other changes to come. A lot of the talks have been centered around the idea of at the very least mending the fences between the sites.

To that end, Rich elevated me to admin status, and Rich will not be taking as active a role in running the site. He is not leaving, but merely taking a bit of a step back and concentrating more on the modifying business and the technical aspects of amp repair and enhancement. I will be expanding the roles of the current moderators to allow a more efficient running of the boards, so that members don't languish in no mans land before moving on.

We will also be declaring a general amnesty, and reinstating many members that have been either retired, or sandboxed and have also expressed a desire to return. However, there will be a short leash, and if the only intent of the member returning is to stir up crap and resentment, they will be returned to their former banned status.

So I'd ask you to welcome back members as they appear, and lets all try to leave the past where it is, and move forward from here.

John Paitel
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

bob p

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: CarverAudio & TheCarverSite Reconciliation

Amnesty?

You'll have my attention when I'm taken out of the sandbox and all of my old posts get restored.
Last edited by bob p on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carver Preamps: C-1, C-2, BillD's JVD-modded C-4000, C-9
Carver Amplifiers: BillD's C-500, M-1.5t (4) PM-1.5 (4) M-500t (2)
Repair/Restoration/Upgrade expert for all of these components.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:49 pm

John is in the process of restoring what he can.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

bob p

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:50 pm

by the way, I answered your PM.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:52 pm

I just saw it... Now you know what I was asking for ;)

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

PDR

TFM-45

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:55 pm

Excellent.
<<

tkd.teacher

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:56 pm

bob p wrote:Amnesty?

You'll have my attention when I'm taken out of the sandbox and all of my old posts get restored.

I'm working on the user statuses as we speak. I have no access to the old databases and what was taken out, that was long before my time.

John
<<

tkd.teacher

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:04 pm

Ok, I've restored people from the sandbox and from retired statuses back to their insider status.

I apologize, but I have no access to old databases, and I suspect by this late date that much of it may not be recoverable. If that is unacceptable to you, then are welcome to stay here. If you're ok with that, welcome back!

I would appreciate respecting the way the other board is run. While I won't be as heavy handed, I also don't want returning members to just run amok bashing people left and right and tearing Rich down. I've never met the man personally, but he did build a nice site that is populated by a ton of other people besides Rich. If your only intent in returning is to bash people, or otherwise stir up the crap, you can be returned to the sin bin.

John
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:06 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY~ =D> =D> =D>

25977405.jpg
25977405.jpg (82.97 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:09 pm

tkd.teacher wrote:

I'm working on the user statuses as we speak. I have no access to the old databases and what was taken out, that was long before my time.

John

As in John Paitel as in TKDteacher
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/2,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM/42,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11,5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime will come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass and I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:11 pm

I am also requesting ALL members of this board to please remove all RichP / TheCarverSite bashing images, and signatures. (yes this means to too Jesse)

The goal is to reunite, and possible merge the 2 forums.

Rich has stepped down, and I will be trying my best to make this work out for "the whole"

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

bob p

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I just saw it... Now you know what I was asking for ;)

As I mentioned in the PM, what you were asking for is technically do-able.

Another PM coming your way.
Last edited by bob p on Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:17 pm

bob p wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:I just saw it... Now you know what I was asking for ;)

As I mentioned in the PM, what you were asking for is technically do-able.

i know, just wicked complex !!!!

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

tkd.teacher

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:19 pm

hewlew1 wrote:
tkd.teacher wrote:

John

As in John Paitel as in TKDteacher

Yes.

Let me explain, I came as MinesOfMoria as I thought there was a good chance that I might be bounced off of Carversite because of the way I badgered Rich over the handling of people during the last blowup. I wanted a place to go to enjoy Carver stuff without being painted by a historical brush.

The booting didn't happen, and here we are. I have asked (and he has obviously obliged) to have my nick here changed to tkd.teacher.

John
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:25 pm

So welcome john. I wanted to post a very general apology on the other site but I don't have that ability in the thread with the same name as this one over there. Any suggestions
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/2,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM/42,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11,5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime will come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass and I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
Next

Return to (( Site & Forum Updates ))