Bob interview from 2010

Interesting facts/opinions about the man himself.
Post Reply
User avatar
radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2700
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: E TN

Bob interview from 2010

Post by radioeng2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:22 pm

This has been posted before, but it's been a while. For those that haven't seen it, some interesting stuff in it. It's just so Bob....

https://twit.tv/shows/home-theater-geek ... tart=false
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

User avatar
Shortcake
SILVER-7t
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: Wherever the voices in my head take me
Contact:

Re: Bob interview from 2010

Post by Shortcake » Mon May 01, 2017 6:39 pm

I have a client whose son just had an article published in Reverb and I reached out to him to see if he would be interested in writing an article about Bob and the fest, and the people who attend...he is very interested but is in the middle of a project. He will reach out to me when he is freed up and I will connect him with those who are interested in speaking baout Bob, his equipment and themselves and their systems...Keep you posted...

Here was his latest article:

The Most Powerful Tube Amp of All Time: Behind the Fender 400 | Reverb https://reverb.com/news/the-most-powerf ... der-400-ps
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

User avatar
BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens
Posts: 1865
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:51 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Re: Bob interview from 2010

Post by BrianT » Mon May 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Shortcake wrote:I have a client whose son just had an article published in Reverb and I reached out to him to see if he would be interested in writing an article about Bob and the fest, and the people who attend...he is very interested but is in the middle of a project. He will reach out to me when he is freed up and I will connect him with those who are interested in speaking baout Bob, his equipment and themselves and their systems...Keep you posted...

Here was his latest article:

The Most Powerful Tube Amp of All Time: Behind the Fender 400 | Reverb https://reverb.com/news/the-most-powerf ... der-400-ps
Shortstack

Nice write up on the Fender, but its not correct. They are NOT "The Most Powerful Tube Amp of all Time"
The set of Bob's Silver Seven amps I sold to Mike Bean where tested at Carverfest 2014 by Steve and Bob
they came in at 535 watts @ 8 ohm less than 0.5 THD for one amp and 545 watts for the other.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

User avatar
Shortcake
SILVER-7t
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: Wherever the voices in my head take me
Contact:

Re: Bob interview from 2010

Post by Shortcake » Wed May 03, 2017 1:24 pm

BrianT wrote:
Shortcake wrote:I have a client whose son just had an article published in Reverb and I reached out to him to see if he would be interested in writing an article about Bob and the fest, and the people who attend...he is very interested but is in the middle of a project. He will reach out to me when he is freed up and I will connect him with those who are interested in speaking baout Bob, his equipment and themselves and their systems...Keep you posted...

Here was his latest article:

The Most Powerful Tube Amp of All Time: Behind the Fender 400 | Reverb https://reverb.com/news/the-most-powerf ... der-400-ps
Shortstack

Nice write up on the Fender, but its not correct. They are NOT "The Most Powerful Tube Amp of all Time"
The set of Bob's Silver Seven amps I sold to Mike Bean where tested at Carverfest 2014 by Steve and Bob
they came in at 535 watts @ 8 ohm less than 0.5 THD for one amp and 545 watts for the other.

Brian
WHICH IS WHY I reached out to him to see if he would be interested in speaking to the gang - to be fair, he was more of a bass/instrument amp theme and for many bassists / musicians, Fender is the way to go - but still...
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

User avatar
radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2700
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: E TN

Re: Bob interview from 2010

Post by radioeng2 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:09 pm

Guitar guys and stereo guys use is so different that I doubt an amp for either would be recognized in the others field. No doubt, that's the basis of the comment, simply unaware and not the same.

I've had 35,000 watt tube amplifiers too. Output just happens to be at frequencies a little too high to hear (without a radio)... :lol: Almost the same difference though.

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

User avatar
Shortcake
SILVER-7t
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: Wherever the voices in my head take me
Contact:

Re: Bob interview from 2010

Post by Shortcake » Wed May 03, 2017 8:07 pm

radioeng2 wrote:Guitar guys and stereo guys use is so different that I doubt an amp for either would be recognized in the others field. No doubt, that's the basis of the comment, simply unaware and not the same.

I've had 35,000 watt tube amplifiers too. Output just happens to be at frequencies a little too high to hear (without a radio)... :lol: Almost the same difference though.

Mark
Yes. Exactly.

Having stereo guys and guitars guys around me is probably why I enjoy the boom boom boom more - they do hear things differently.

I am still hoping Bob is still interested in the "voice only" project we talked about last year. I finally got my billing system developed and in use, working on a cloud solution, but a voice only solution is only a dream that was given to me by Bob himself lol. I will have to discuss with him again this year.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

Post Reply

Return to “Bob Carver, the Myth, the Legend”