FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:32 am

Bob interview from 2010

<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Bob interview from 2010

This has been posted before, but it's been a while. For those that haven't seen it, some interesting stuff in it. It's just so Bob....

https://twit.tv/shows/home-theater-geeks/episodes/29?autostart=false
I was there for the 10th Carverfest! Glad you were too! Or you should have been...
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Mon May 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Re: Bob interview from 2010

I have a client whose son just had an article published in Reverb and I reached out to him to see if he would be interested in writing an article about Bob and the fest, and the people who attend...he is very interested but is in the middle of a project. He will reach out to me when he is freed up and I will connect him with those who are interested in speaking baout Bob, his equipment and themselves and their systems...Keep you posted...

Here was his latest article:

The Most Powerful Tube Amp of All Time: Behind the Fender 400 | Reverb https://reverb.com/news/the-most-powerf ... der-400-ps
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamen Britten
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Mon May 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Shortcake wrote:I have a client whose son just had an article published in Reverb and I reached out to him to see if he would be interested in writing an article about Bob and the fest, and the people who attend...he is very interested but is in the middle of a project. He will reach out to me when he is freed up and I will connect him with those who are interested in speaking baout Bob, his equipment and themselves and their systems...Keep you posted...

The Most Powerful Tube Amp of All Time: Behind the Fender 400 | Reverb https://reverb.com/news/the-most-powerf ... der-400-ps

Shortstack

Nice write up on the Fender, but its not correct. They are NOT "The Most Powerful Tube Amp of all Time"
The set of Bob's Silver Seven amps I sold to Mike Bean where tested at Carverfest 2014 by Steve and Bob
they came in at 535 watts @ 8 ohm less than 0.5 THD for one amp and 545 watts for the other.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Aurender N100H Music Server
Audioquest Diamond USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Wed May 03, 2017 1:24 pm

BrianT wrote:
Shortcake wrote:I have a client whose son just had an article published in Reverb and I reached out to him to see if he would be interested in writing an article about Bob and the fest, and the people who attend...he is very interested but is in the middle of a project. He will reach out to me when he is freed up and I will connect him with those who are interested in speaking baout Bob, his equipment and themselves and their systems...Keep you posted...

Shortstack

Nice write up on the Fender, but its not correct. They are NOT "The Most Powerful Tube Amp of all Time"
The set of Bob's Silver Seven amps I sold to Mike Bean where tested at Carverfest 2014 by Steve and Bob
they came in at 535 watts @ 8 ohm less than 0.5 THD for one amp and 545 watts for the other.

Brian

WHICH IS WHY I reached out to him to see if he would be interested in speaking to the gang - to be fair, he was more of a bass/instrument amp theme and for many bassists / musicians, Fender is the way to go - but still...
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamen Britten
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed May 03, 2017 4:09 pm

Guitar guys and stereo guys use is so different that I doubt an amp for either would be recognized in the others field. No doubt, that's the basis of the comment, simply unaware and not the same.

I've had 35,000 watt tube amplifiers too. Output just happens to be at frequencies a little too high to hear (without a radio)... :lol: Almost the same difference though.

Mark
I was there for the 10th Carverfest! Glad you were too! Or you should have been...
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Wed May 03, 2017 8:07 pm

radioeng2 wrote:Guitar guys and stereo guys use is so different that I doubt an amp for either would be recognized in the others field. No doubt, that's the basis of the comment, simply unaware and not the same.

I've had 35,000 watt tube amplifiers too. Output just happens to be at frequencies a little too high to hear (without a radio)... :lol: Almost the same difference though.

Mark

Yes. Exactly.

Having stereo guys and guitars guys around me is probably why I enjoy the boom boom boom more - they do hear things differently.

I am still hoping Bob is still interested in the "voice only" project we talked about last year. I finally got my billing system developed and in use, working on a cloud solution, but a voice only solution is only a dream that was given to me by Bob himself lol. I will have to discuss with him again this year.

Return to Bob Carver, the Myth, the Legend