FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Does Mr. Carver ever visit this site?

<<

SteveFord

SILVER-7t

Post Mon May 19, 2008 9:28 pm

Does Mr. Carver ever visit this site?

Seeing how this is a site all about Bob Carver's companies and his products and how some of you know him personally, does anyone know if he ever visits this site and has posted on it?
I'd be really interested to hear his take on his past products, the current Sunfire products, and his views on the audio market in general, both nowadays and in the future.
On the Buell enthusiasts site, it's always rumoured that Erik Buell is one of the anonymous posters but nobody knows for sure except for the administrators. I'm pretty sure that some of them are his, though.
Just a thought. If I'm overstepping my bounds, please delete this post.
Upstairs:
VTL MB-250 Signature monoblocks, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, HHb BurnIt Plus, Well Tempered Labs Classic, Ortofon 2M Black, Jolida JD-9 Phono Preamp, Sherwood S3000-IV tuner, VPI-17, Jolida JD-100, AKG 701, Beyerdynamics 881, NHT SW1-P subwoofer and amp, Magnepan 1.6, APC H15
Downstairs:
VTL DeLuxe 300 Monoblocks, Harman Kardon F500x tuner, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, Jolida JD-100, Oppo 981, Otari MX5050 BII, SVS SB-12 subwoofer, Magnepan 3.6
In Storage:
Stax Sigma headphones, signed DTL unit, Magnepan MMGs, Carver TX-11, TX-11a's
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Mon May 19, 2008 9:55 pm

Re: Does Mr. Carver ever visit this site?

The people here that know him personally have invited him to Carverfest. I think it would be quite likely that he checks this place out. I would like to see him smile when he reads how much we enjoy the Carver products that were made his way. We also won't trade them for anything.
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon May 19, 2008 10:12 pm

From what I have heard, and been told, he is basically computer illiterate, and has never visited the forum.
I have tried to get him to visit the forum, and post, but it has never happened yet.
He has his own user name, (that I set up for him) and he's never bothered to logged in.

I personally find it a little insulting, that no one form Carver ever bothers to visit, help, share anything on here.

Most people that have anything to do with Carver, seem to like to use the forum to promote items/services, but never bother to take the time to contribute at all. That annoys me.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon May 19, 2008 10:36 pm

No, to answer your question. Few member actually know him personally.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

SteveFord

SILVER-7t

Post Mon May 19, 2008 10:46 pm

If part of his job at Elan is to promote the product, this would be the place for it. Free advertising delivered to the faithful.
An interview or a company-approved essay would really go a long way here and fall on very receptive ears. Pardon the pun.
Upstairs:
VTL MB-250 Signature monoblocks, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, HHb BurnIt Plus, Well Tempered Labs Classic, Ortofon 2M Black, Jolida JD-9 Phono Preamp, Sherwood S3000-IV tuner, VPI-17, Jolida JD-100, AKG 701, Beyerdynamics 881, NHT SW1-P subwoofer and amp, Magnepan 1.6, APC H15
Downstairs:
VTL DeLuxe 300 Monoblocks, Harman Kardon F500x tuner, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, Jolida JD-100, Oppo 981, Otari MX5050 BII, SVS SB-12 subwoofer, Magnepan 3.6
In Storage:
Stax Sigma headphones, signed DTL unit, Magnepan MMGs, Carver TX-11, TX-11a's
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Tue May 20, 2008 4:38 pm

As with some artists/creative geniuses, perhaps he has no interest or fondness for past accomplisments and prefers to look only ahead. How could it be possible that such a technical wiz be computer "illiterate" , seems kinda contradictory to me! :-k gdb
<<

FesteLV

SILVER-7t

Post Tue May 20, 2008 7:31 pm

Not everyone can be like Tony Stark. [-X

I suspect Bob Carver may be like many geniuses- superior in his field and falling short in another. After all, he is just a human! O:)
Feste
Las Vegas

C-4000t, TX-11a, Silver 9t(2), M-1.0t(2), SD/A 490t, Apogee Calipers
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Tue May 20, 2008 7:38 pm

Just a human? Blasphamy!
<<

Jikester

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:27 pm

I've known many bright people (my dad for one; schooled in engineering and medicine) who are quite talented in their fields, yet not all that handy with computers. I still have to help them with their computer problems whenever I'm in town! ;-)
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:22 pm

I know what you mean... MY dad DOES live in town :roll:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:40 pm

I have seen him logged in to the forum on 2 occasions since his first (and only) post, both around 3AM my time.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:56 pm

Damn, you are correct. You must watch this forum like a hawk. I hear ya'!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:43 am

I work anywhere from 10 to 14 hours a day, 7 days a week and often have 10 or 15 minutes to kill while I wait for something to finish, so I'm often on at that time of the day. Since I also suffer from chronic insomnia, I often only get to sleep sometimes after 6AM before getting back to work at 8:30AM, so yeah, I'm on here pretty much all the time. I need a life.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:03 am

Sounds more to me that you need a vacation. Long one at that.

<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:52 am

I love the new comment OBI56. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Next

Return to Bob Carver, the Myth, the Legend