FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:43 pm

Audio Show in Atlanta-Anyone plan on going?

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:01 am

Audio Show in Atlanta-Anyone plan on going?

Anyone plan on attending? \:D/ Lots of manufacturers represented.

http://www.axpona.com/default.asp
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Audio Show in Atlanta-Anyone plan on going?

I would like too but I don't think it will be possible at this time. :(
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:00 pm

I do believe that a couple of folks from Atlanta are going, the plan is that I will be there too. I'll know a little bit more in the upcoming weeks as we finalize everything. Are you planning on making it, Don?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:15 pm

I'd like to go but can't commit quite yet. Will have to wait until it draws closer before I will know.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:44 pm

Tom,

Matt and I am are tentatively planning on going. =D> =D> Spoke with Tubular Jerry (from Carverfest 10) some time back. He also mentioned he would like to attend. Believe he lives in the Atlanta area. Haven't seen him online for quite some time though. Will touch base with him in the coming weeks. Currently chasing a health issue though. Should know more in a month or so regarding outcome and viability of attending.

It would be great to meet up with some Carver folks to hang out with. \:D/ \:D/
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Jerry is in the process of moving.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:48 pm

engtaz wrote:Jerry is in the process of moving.

Roy,

Is he still going to be in Atlanta area?
— Thomas Paine

RIP Bill D.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:10 pm

Yeah, he's still in Atlanta and if I'm not mistaken he is already moved in to the new pad. He's the cat I'll be staying with. I know there will be a handful of Polk forum members there, some of them are also members of this forum. Mr. Daniels will also be attending, if memory serves. Most likely Janice too. Glad to hear Matt is planning on coming, any word on the wife attending as well? Best of luck with the health thingy!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:32 pm

treitz3 wrote:Yeah, he's still in Atlanta and if I'm not mistaken he is already moved in to the new pad. He's the cat I'll be staying with. I know there will be a handful of Polk forum members there, some of them are also members of this forum. Mr. Daniels will also be attending, if memory serves. Most likely Janice too. Glad to hear Matt is planning on coming, any word on the wife attending as well? Best of luck with the health thingy!

Tom,

Haven't mentioned it yet to her. Probably depends on if a bunch of other forum members bring their spouses or if it is just a guy thing or not.
— Thomas Paine

RIP Bill D.
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:42 pm

I'll be there,, Janice is going too.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:37 pm

I will not be able to "BUT" I wish everyone going to have a GREAT time! I wish I could and sounds FUN...
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:47 am

I might go.... It's a good excuse to rent a Dodge Charge, and go for a drive :)
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:52 am

Do you need company on the Drive up James?
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:45 pm

If I go, you can tag along like usual :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:35 pm

So how does that work, do people go for multiple days or just one like Sunday ?

I hate Atlanta, but often hit the Bass Pro shop there or a ball game.

That looks great.
Next

Return to Misc. Discussions