FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:54 am

Interesting Cable Test

<<

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Sat May 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Interesting Cable Test

Subjectively speaking with somewhat interesting findings concerning the comparison of zipcord and pricier speaker cables.

https://sites.google.com/site/audiosoci ... ening-test

Even though I view myself as an audio newbie, I still can't wrap my head around buying an 8 foot interconnect or speaker cable that costs more than a few hundred bucks. That's just me, though.

Regardless, an interesting read.
Sunfire CRM2s, Sunfire CRS3C, Sunfire Cinema Seven, Harmon Kardon AVR240, Sony RCD-W5000

UDUB Football!
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Sat May 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Interesting Cable Test

Good read... :-k
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
A Lightstar or two
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
Dual CS5000 Turn Table
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Sat May 19, 2012 10:07 pm

MRHP wrote:Good read... :-k

Yeah I posted that on the Polk forum and it's spawned a 6 page and counting thread lol
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat May 19, 2012 10:38 pm

That was a excellent read. Cable topics always stir the pot. :D
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun May 20, 2012 12:32 am

Blind testing for anything audio related is inappropriate and therefore completely worthless.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun May 20, 2012 7:45 am

While I'm pleased with the results, I personally discount this entire test. It is improper to have folks evaluate a cable sitting off axis seated in rows and rows of folks that change many aspects of the reproductive effort including but not limited to room acoustics, frequency response at a particular seat, sound staging, cohesiveness, spatial locational cues and other important aspects of the reproduction. It is these characteristics that a cable can have the ability to change for the better [or worse] more so than simply more bass or better treble.

If you don't believe me, invite a couple of your friends over and have them sit in front of your listening position that you must move over 6 feet off axis. Try that and tell me what you hear. You will be missing many an important aspect of the reproductive effort without ever having changed a single thing on your rig and the acoustics will be completely different.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Sun May 20, 2012 8:24 am

F1nut wrote:Blind testing for anything audio related is inappropriate and therefore completely worthless.

why?
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"

Return to Misc. Discussions