FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:01 pm

Name these speakers

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Name these speakers

Terri and I did the Country Music Hall of Fame. As typical tourists we took the side trips to one of the earliest recording studios in Nashville where famous musicians recorded early in their career.

What brand are these speakers in one of the recording rooms?
Attachments
Mom's camera 156.JPG
What are these speakers?
Mom's camera 155.JPG
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Re: Name these speakers

I would say JBL or Altec
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:32 pm

The color of the horn says Altec to me. I think, maybe, they're A-7's. The A-7's I familar with have the horns seperate and mounting (or setting) on the top. Whereas those are an interior mount. But as long as they've been around, I'd suspect a road version was made which is what those look like.

If that's what they are, then I have a friend with a pair. They're very effecient and dynamic. The lows rolloff a little premature which is why Altec came out with the "Bass Energizer" which cost effeciency but does prop up the bottom better. With good bracing and resonance control over the big cabinet and metal horn, they can be darn good. Can play with wattage in the single digits or so....

Mark
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:19 pm

Altec "Voice of the theater?" :-k :-k :-k
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:48 pm

I think a better question is who's music was first given life on these speakers... Cash? Porter? Williams? Loretta & Conway? Jones?...

What a legendary place Nashville is. I cannot wait to go there.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:01 am

For the history buffs, here is a link to Studio B. One of the pictures shows the speakers. When I asked the tour guide who was the manufacturer, he did not know.

http://www.scottymoore.net/studio_b.html
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.

Return to Misc. Discussions