<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:16 am

Check out this guy's home theater....

Holy Mother!! Sunfire powered, of course~

http://theater.stevejenkins.com/gallery/complete/
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:35 am

Re: Check out this guy's home theater....

Now THAT'S a home theater!! =D>
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:21 am

Wonder how he feels about Obama's comment he wasn't responsible for his success? Very successful entrepreneur! =D>
Cut and Paste from Linkedin

Steve Jenkins's Overview
Current CEO at gamerID network
Partner at S2 Media LLC.
Founding Member at Google AdSense Online Advisory Council
Past Member, Board of Directors at Brigham Young University Center for Entrepreneurship
Member, Advisory Board at Brigham Young University Rollins Center for e-Business
Co-owner & Chief "Strategery" Officer at BidNip LLC.
Education Brigham Young University
Brigham Young University
Brigham Young University Idaho (Ricks College)
Recommendations
11 people have recommended Steve
Connections
500+ connections
Websites Personal Website
Company Website
Company Website
Steve Jenkins' Summary
Repeat offending business starter. I enjoy starting businesses, getting them profitable, stable, and predictable, then selling them when they get boring (i.e. predictable) - and I get bored quickly.
1994 - Founded Jenesys LLC, a Web publishing company that managed the Windows95.com/WinFiles.com content sites. Grew to profitability and sold for $11.5MM cash in 1999 to CNET.
1996 - Co-founded Virtual Servers, LLC, a Web hosting and e-commerce tools provider. Grew to profitability and sold to Micron, Inc. for $48.5MM cash in 1999.
2001 - Co-founded CheatCodes.com LLC, a profitable online video game help resource for console and PC video game enthusiasts. Currently serve as CEO ("Cheat" Executive Officer).
2006 - Purchased a 50% interest in BidNip LLC, an online auction sniping service founded by CheatCodes.com business partner Steve Cook. Helped grow the company, then sold for cash to Crosshairs LLC in 2008 (non-public company, so sales price not disclosed).
2010 - Launched gamerID Network, which took over as parent company of the CheatCodes.com website and owns five additional websites: gamerID.com, GameDetails.com, CheapestGames.com, FlashGamesAlley.com, and 24:7 GamerNews.
Specialties
A varied and fruit-flavored assortment of entrepreneurial expertise, including boot-strapping, low-budget/high-impact online marketing, M&A negotiations, content management & licensing, prepping a business for harvest, and basically anything else that needs to get done to go from nothing to profitable to sold as quickly as possible. A couple things I'm NOT good at: raising money for starting businesses (don't like using OPM) and finding potential buyers for a business (they've always found me).
Steve Jenkins' Experience
CEO
gamerID network
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Internet industry
September 2010 – Present (2 years 1 month)
Partner
S2 Media LLC.
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Internet industry
2008 – Present (4 years)
This is the parent company that my partner (business... not life... not that there's anything wrong with that) and I use as an incubator for our pet projects.
Founding Member
Google AdSense Online Advisory Council
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; GOOG; Internet industry
August 2007 – Present (5 years 2 months)
Provide input and direction from the perspective of a web publisher to the Google AdSense development team.
Co-founder & "Cheat" Executive Officer
CheatCodes.com
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Internet industry
August 2001 – Present (11 years 2 months)
Oversee day-to-day operations for a popular content-based Web destination.
Founder & CEO
Jenkins Holdings LLC.
January 2000 – Present (12 years 9 months)
This holding company is the launch-pad and umbrella organization for all my business projects.
Platinum Founder
BYU Entrepreneur Founders
September 1999 – Present (13 years 1 month)
Participate with other active entrepreneurs in developing teaching materials for classroom use and providing research opportunities for faculty and students. Give lectures and team-teach with faculty to students and other groups. Mentor students in starting and operating their own ventures. Make contributions to help build the Center's endowment and fully cover its annual operating expenses and scholarship programs.
Chairman
Jenkins Family Foundation
June 1999 – Present (13 years 4 months)
Manage the philanthropic efforts of my charitable foundation, which primarily focuses on helping young individuals in developing countries through education and mentoring toward micro-entrepreneurship.
Member, Board of Directors
Brigham Young University Center for Entrepreneurship
Educational Institution; 1001-5000 employees; Higher Education industry
August 2000 – February 2009 (8 years 7 months)
The board helps manage and provide direction and feedback in all areas of the business school's entrepreneurship center.
Member, Advisory Board
Brigham Young University Rollins Center for e-Business
Educational Institution; 1001-5000 employees; Higher Education industry

August 2000 – February 2009 (8 years 7 months)

This board provides feedback and support to the business school's e-business center.

Co-owner & Chief "Strategery" Officer

BidNip LLC.

April 2006 – June 2008 (2 years 3 months)

Infused venture capital into this startup in 2006 in return for half the company. Oversaw ongoing "strategery" and marketing efforts, then helped sell the company to Crosshairs LLC in June 2008.

Member, Board of Directors & Communications Director

NW Region Ferrari Club of America

April 1998 – April 2003 (5 years 1 month)

Managed all communcations between the club's board and members, developped technology to automate management of members information, publication management, email discussion groups, etc. Also served as a board member to help manage all affairs of the club.

Chairman of the Board

Virtual Servers LLC.

June 1999 – December 1999 (7 months)

Following a merger with a large bandwidth provider, served as Chairman to help manage the sale of this business.

Co-founder & CEO

Virtual Servers LLC.

March 1996 – June 1999 (3 years 4 months)

Co-founded and grew a Web hosting company from a 2-bedroom apartment to a top-tier world wide hosting provider.

Founder & CEO

Windows95.com/WinFiles.com

January 1995 – February 1999 (4 years 2 months)

Founded and grew this company from my college apartment into a profitable Web content company. Sold to CNET, Inc. in Feb 1999.

Founder & Editor in Chief

Win95 Magazine

January 1995 – February 1999 (4 years 2 months)

Developed and published an online magazine directed at users of Microsoft's Windows95 operating system. Wrote and edited reviews, opinions, articles, interviews, tips & tricks, etc.

Product Manager, Internet Explorer

Microsoft Corporation

Public Company; 10,001+ employees; MSFT; Computer Software industry

May 1996 – August 1996 (4 months)

In my very short tenure I helped develop the online marketing efforts for Internet Explorer 3.0 and launch strategy for version 4.0. I left just prior to all the anti-trust mess in order to grow my then fledgling entrepreneurial ventures.

Cast Member

Divine Comedy

April 1994 – December 1995 (1 year 9 months)

One of the original cast members (and the guy who came up with the name) of the BYU on-campus sketch and improv comedy group, Divine Comedy.

MBA Intern

Times Mirror Company

May 1995 – August 1995 (4 months)

I was given way more responsability (and paid better) than a punk-kid MBA intern should have been, but since they offered me a job upon graduation, I guess I did OK. I worked for Times Mirror's Higher Education Publishing unit in Dubuque, Iowa, and this was my first exposure to Midwest living - and I loved it. Made lots of great friends and have many fond memories of this internship.

Technical Writer/Training Coordinator

DHI Computing Service

September 1992 – August 1994 (2 years)

Performed a variety of duties in the training department, including writing of technical documentation, creating 3D graphics for training videos, developing curriculum for training courses on a variety of software packages, managing construction and equipment selection for new training facilities.

Bookkeeper

Seattle International Raceway

March 1992 – August 1992 (6 months)

Performed bookkeeping services, inventory management, payroll, tax compliance, and some internal technical support for the Raceway's office staff during the summer before I went away to college.

Manager/DJ

Galleria Dance Club

September 1988 – December 1989 (1 year 4 months)

Worked here part-time while a Freshman and Sophomore at college. I can't imagine a cooler college job. Responsible for opening and closing the dance club, setting employee schedules, running promotions, handing out free admission and drink tickets, and taking a turn at the wheels of steel from time to time in the DJ booth. Wiki, wiki!

Steve Jenkins' Skills & Expertise

French
French to English
English to French
Marketing Strategy
Entrepreneurship
Internet Entrepreneur
Strategic Leadership

Steve Jenkins' Certifications

Rescue Diver
Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI)
|January 2003

Black Belt
Cuong Nhu Oriental Martial Arts Association
|May 2010

Shodan Black Belt
Cuong Nhu Oriental Martial Arts Association
|May 2011

Steve Jenkins' Languages

English
(Native or bilingual proficiency)

French
(Native or bilingual proficiency)

Italian
(Limited working proficiency)

Spanish
(Elementary proficiency)

Steve Jenkins' Education

Brigham Young University

MBA, Marketing / Entrepreneurship

1994 – 1996

Without a doubt, the most enjoyable chunk of my college experience. The professors treated me like peers, rather than minions, and were open to me seeing things differently than they did. I met future business partners, collected trusted advisors, and forged friendships that last to this day. Graduated #3 in the class. Dr. Michael Swenson gave me an A minus, thereby blowing my 4.0. I don't blame him, though. An A minus was being generous. But I love telling that story whenever Mike has to introduce me when I come to speak on campus. ;)

Activities and Societies: Association of Collegiate Entrepreneurs

Brigham Young University

BA, French Literature / Economics

1992 – 1994

I was an Economics major with minors in Statistics and French up until my senior year. Then, Dr. Bill Sawaya (who sat on the MBA admissions board) convinced me that due to the business school's desire for diversity, they would be way more interested in a liberal arts major, so I became a French major with minors in Economics and Statistics. So now I can draw graphs and calculate probabilities in French. Ooh, la la!

Activities and Societies: Founding member of Divine Comedy, an on-campus improv and sketch comedy group.

Brigham Young University Idaho (Ricks College)

Associate of Arts (AA), Undergrad

1988 – 1989

Being a naive 17-year old Freshman. Riding around in the back of Ted's FourRunner causing trouble. Enjoying the 7-to-1 girl-to-guy ratio at the school. Standard stuff.

Parkrose High School

1983 – 1988

Mount Hood Community College

General Education

1986 – 1987

Attended a couple Gen-Ed classes on campus during the summers of my Junior and Senior years of high school to get a jump start on college.

Steve Jenkins' Additional Information

Websites: • Personal Website
• Company Website
• Company Website
Interests:
SCUBA, karate, consumer electronics, travel, Italian cars
Groups and Associations:
Ferrari Club of America, Ferrari Owners Club, FerrariList.com

Ad eXchange Experts

BYU - Marriott School of Management Alumni

BYU-MBA 96

Brigham Young University Alumni

Cuong Nhu Oriental Martial Arts

Eagle's Nest--Eagle Scout Award Recipients

Ferrari Club of America

Ferrari Owners & Enthusiasts

Game Industry PR and Marketing

Online Ad Pros-NA

The Official Brigham Young University (BYU) Alumni Network

Video Game Professionals

Video Games PR and Journalists

Honors and Awards:
1988 Oregon Academic All Stars Scholarship Winner (Performing Arts)
1996 Brigham Young University Student Entrepreneur of the Year
2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year (hehe - Google it
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:30 pm

What a waist of good money! LOL!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!

Return to Misc. Discussions